How is post-buyout P2 for you?

dieselphreak2K

Expert Expediter
I was just hoping to hear from a few P2 drivers on their opinon of how things are looking right now. SO far, for us, the supposed gain in customers hasn't helped us at all. I had 2 good days, but other than that this team is sitting more than I did as a solo. It seems that all the boards I check are now overloaded with trucks, all the time. I'm sitting far more than I did before on boards that I considered excellent in the past. That may be due to the solo-to-team change and how some boards are better for one than the other. Did CWE's customers all bail out? This all may be due to some event or action I didn't hear about, but I'm just wondering If I'm the only one.

EDIT: I obviously realize that the additon of CWE's 300 trucks can't overload Panther's boards, but did every truck comeback from vacation or something?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Hard to tell for us after just a week. Our trucks so far have done two Conway loads. One 300 miler on Sunday, and one 1,000 miler from AL to WI. Total milage per unit per week is slightly ahead of last year, but I don't think the Conway sale changed it one way or the other. Locations was likely a bigger factor. Revenue is higher, but that is because of increased FSC. I would anticipate the first week of the month to be slow as they typically are. Should improve after that.
It would be my opinion that all the changes will take roughly a month. Or at least a month before we start seeing some results either way.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

dieselphreak2K

Expert Expediter
I agree. The end results will be at least a month, probably more. Did dispatch say that it was a conway load or did the shipper say something? I wonder If I've ran any.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
It was right on the paperwork. One was a pallet of gloves for Home Depot. Never been to Home Depot with Panther until they did that load.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
Well we are an Conway team that came over and are still doing great. All 3 loads we have done since P2 took over have still been our old Conway customers. It will probably take a few weeks for the customers to get aqainted with the buyout themselves. They probably need to hammer out contracts and payment options as well. As with anything of this scale it will def. take time. By the way Dave we d/l in Vegas, got a l/o of LA and are now p/u in San Diego and going to Macon,GA.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Glad your running well. We have one of our trucks that got to LA last night. Got a load this morning going to MO. Be careful on 10 if it is still flooded around El Paso. It was closed yesterday in spots.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
One fleet owner I spoke with is finding his units sitting far too much plus Qualcom isn't aligned with P2's which is a communication nightmare.

Sure hope P2 is able to overcome difficulities as quick as possible.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>One fleet owner I spoke with is finding his units sitting
>far too much plus Qualcom isn't aligned with P2's which is a
>communication nightmare.
>
>Sure hope P2 is able to overcome difficulities as quick as
>possible.

For some reason from all I heard Panther has handled this well. Most of the aquisitions I have been involved with take weeks for the transision to take place. I would say the QC is a QC problem and not a big deal.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
So far we haven't been sitting but I don't see a smooth oiled machine for several weeks yet. That is to be expected. At least this isn't going on in the busiest part of the year.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

romoore245

Expert Expediter
We have done alright, running team; we had two short runs the first monday, one tues, wed, thur, and then a fri-mon to Oklamhoma city. That was it. We then sat till wed night. Headed to the house, so much for the bonus. Have to fix my AC anyway; a rock jumped up and cracked the condensor, I tried to fix it out, but my tools are at home. It is hot! Anyway we ended up with about 2600 miles, sadly that was twice what we ran with conway this past month. So for us it is already looking better.

cadillack

Expert Expediter
Not so good.Only had 1 offer that went over 400 miles. Good miles,983,but only 10 cents fsc. Seems like P2has stopped negociating . Asked for a small bonus to help out with fuel and they simply pull you off the load.The only decent fsc we were offered was on a load from hell with 2 stop offs and over wieght for our truck. Way too much dead head,1100 miles,1000 miles loaded. One of our worst weeks we have ever had..... Trying to stay positive:)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
1100 miles d/h would have paid $500 d/h pay. Not as good as paid miles but much better than the $210 you'd get with one of the 20cpm after 50 miles companies.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
One great thing with Panther is that you can obtain your own loads. We wouldn't even consider a 1000 mile deadhead.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I wouldn't want a 1000 mile d/h either. I just wanted to point out that 50cpm after 100 beats 20cpm after 50.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Slow time of the year? I've been thru many slow times this year, but August has usually been one of the best months. I hope it picks up out there for everyone who's slow.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
>I wouldn't want a 1000 mile d/h either. I just wanted to
>point out that 50cpm after 100 beats 20cpm after 50.
>
You got that right!

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Our first Panther week 7/31/06-08/07/06-All figures actual

7 loads offered
5 taken
Refusals:
-Oh-Mi ----302 loaded miles-130 dh miles to pu-refused because 34% dh-not team load
-Pa-NYC --103 loaded miles-22 dh miles to pu-refused because 21% dh-NYC del loc poor- (at best) -not enough $ to go into the city-load pu/del times would have made us not eligible for any other loads for 2 full days

Ran 3504 loaded miles-4230 actual miles-17% dh overall
Average load length -700 miles

Tolls: $114.00

Too earlier for us to make any kind of comparisons, however, the toll road routing is going to be a factor in determining whether we take anymore east bound Oh, Pa, NY, NJ… etc loads. ConWay paid a New England surcharge that covered the tolls. Loaded miles average is lower than what we were doing with ConWay but as stated previously, too earlier to make any real comparisons. Overall, loaded miles have been over by 10-15 miles from what dispatched and dead head is about the same in overage. Directions sent for us to use for some pu and del’s have indicated truck weight restrictions and low clearances but have not indicated alternative routes. This is not a real big problem for us as we have a lap top with GPS capabilities but for those relying on these directions exclusively this would could be a big issue.

Personnel at Panther have been wonderful to us. They have been polite, informative and professional. They make every attempt to answer any QC questions immediately. (A notable difference from ConWay) Our QC does not always send/receive correctly but this is supposed to be worked out soon. We have heard that there has been some really long waits on the telephone but have not experienced this.

Well that is a wrap of our first Panther week---So far so good….how is everyone else doing?

***Had to edit...message for fellow ex-ConWay's....Shreveport, La is still the "kiss of death"...if you go there for delivery...head right out to Dallas, Tx.***

-mcbride-

--What goes around comes around--

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>RE: How is post-buyout P2 for you?<

Not real good this week at all...us along with 25 others sitting in Dallas area...over 40 in Texas...

Guess we are going to have to start looking elsewhere...which is really too bad.

-mcbride-

--What goes around comes around--