Votes: 3 10.0%
  • I never go home.

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Over the years I have learned that many people like to run many different ways. Some run three weeks out with one week off. Some run during the week and go home on the weekends. Some run different ways. How do you like to run and take you're time off.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
My running habits have changed a lot in the last year. When I was with you guys I like to stay out a month to a month and a half. Now I'm home every other weekend and really enjoying it.

guido4475

Not a Member
Many years ago, I didn't care how I ran. Miles and hours had no limit.Absolute stupidity on my part.

Now, as I have grown up in this business, I yearn for being home every weeekend, and enjoying life.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
I run with no set plan, just take the loads as they come and when one takes me close to home I'll take a few days off then.

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I run with no set plan, just take the loads as they come and when one takes me close to home I'll take a few days off then.

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

X 2, ,,same as TT. ......except for 2 weeks off in Nov.. for Trapping Season...:D

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I run with the freight,as of now I do a dedicated run M-F so I'm home more than not

Sent from the crayon box.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Jogging?? Pffft. If you see me running, you'd better start running too because something really large is chasing me.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
My running habits have changed a lot in the last year. When I was with you guys I like to stay out a month to a month and a half. Now I'm home every other weekend and really enjoying it.

That is way we tried to get you to run when you drove for us. It didn't work out that way because of your co drivers.

Slacktide

Seasoned Expediter
I'm of the mind of when I get there I get there train of thought. We take time off on the road so the need to get "home" is less for us. Home is where you pull the brake. When we pull the brake for the last time we will be content in the fact that we have seen what we wanted to see and have stories that could fill multiple lifetimes. We have no intention of stopping any time soon, still way to much to see and even more to do. :D

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
How do I like to run? Well.....from the office chair to the coffee pot and back. :cool:

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
now I like to run leave home on mon back fri with 3000 miles under my belt at $2.00 a mile

BigCat

Expert Expediter
That is way we tried to get you to run when you drove for us. It didn't work out that way because of your co drivers.

Oh it wasn't you guys at the time I just needed to run hard. Now I'm set with a good emergency fund and make decently money with my new carrier so I'm able to take needed time off.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Oh it wasn't you guys at the time I just needed to run hard. Now I'm set with a good emergency fund and make decently money with my new carrier so I'm able to take needed time off.

Jake I know, you're a good driver that likes to run hard. You'll always be welcome back anytime.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
For me I like to be out 25 days of the month and home for 2-3 days. Ive even thought about selling my house? Just dont know what im going to do.

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
It'd be nice to drive for 3 and 1 full week off. We never had the luxury of a whole week off @ home. We'd stay out a minimum of 3 weeks, more if the freight was moving. Then take 3 or 4 days off @ home IF the loads took us near the house. Usually by the 3 or 4 day the owner would be calling saying it was time to get back at it and off we'd go.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
We stay out as much as we can by choice. We come home for taxes, Christmas, and then whatever else we choose.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
I like this saying, I work to live, not live to work....if the freights on Im good to stay, if Im sitting and moving shortys or low pay then Id rather be home, Its been a rough start to this year, on and off, and on no real predictability lately...but thats expediting isnt it..

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I see a lot of people in the poll like to run three weeks out and one week off each month. That is all fine and well, but that is 12 weeks off a year or 25% of your income that you could make going out the window. Everyone runs different I understand, but 12 weeks off a year. I don't know any CEO's that take 12 weeks off a year. Maybe John Elliott can share his thoughts on this?