How do you get your mail??

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
I need a prescribed drug. It can be overnighted to me. Where the heck do I have it sent to?
I know there must be an easy way to arrange this but I am just not thinking of it.
Any good ideas on how to receive packages on the road????

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
If you know what city/state you'll be at for the following day or next, you can have it sent to a fed ex/kinkos in/near that city and go there to pick it up. My drivers do that all the time for their mail and whatnot.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
In the past, I've been successful in getting my physician to prescribe 3 months worth of pills on a one month prescription. We also have used the Wal-Mart druggist whereby we can get scrips filled at any drugstore equipped Wal-Mart. Walgreens will do the same, nationwide

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
my scripts also have 3 refills,and I also use Wal-Mart.You can either have the scripts sent to a motel if you can stay at one,or kinkos as stated

rpack41

Expert Expediter
if you have a TruckStop book , you can look ahead for a Petro/TA/ flyingJ and have your package overnight to one of them and pick it up on your way threw. We have done alot of this with permits , ifta , ect. It works out great for us.
*headsup. phone the TS first and be sure they have the correct address listed in you fuelstop directory

Rose

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
I knew there would be an easy answer to that. Thanks for the suggestions.
I looked in to the 3 month script but insurance said no and unfortunately, good ole Walmart can't fill this one.
I think I will go with the FedEx Kinkos. It seems like it might be less hectic and a little more reliable than the truck stops.

Thanks again!!

ihamner

Expert Expediter
By the way, if you are one of the folks who get your Rx refilled at WalMarts along the way, it is good to know that IF you get one refilled in NY state they will fill it for one month only then you loose all your refills without a call to your doctor. It is a NY state law....not WalMart thing.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
the pewter one hanging up in the cab doesn't look like that!
got to remember all of GODs angels are male.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
While FedEx Kinko's stores work, and are especially convenient after normal business hours, we prefer to have our mail FedEx'ed to FedEx Global Express Centers or World Express Centers (mark the air bill "Hold For Pickup"). Truck parking is almost always available there, as FedEx trucks load out of such places. Some of those Kinko's lots can be pretty small.

We love using the FedEx system instead of truck stops for mail pickup. If something happens before you get in to pick up your package, like a load offer that is too good to turn down,
the package remains in the FedEx system. You know where it is. You know it is secure. And you can have it forwarded or returned per your instructions.

Setting up an account with FedEx makes billing and payment easy. Whoever is shipping something to you only has to write your account number on the air bill. The rest is automatic. This takes the burden off your shipper. All he or she has to do is box your mail up, complete an air bill and drop it in a FedEX box. If a drop box is not handy, you can call for a pickup and your friendly FedEx man (woman) will come to your house to get it (pcikup charge applies).

Be careful about the weight. If your mail person at home decides to send all your magazines and junk mail, and you happen to be across the country, the package can cost $100 to ship overnight. Happened to us once, but never again after we learned the hard way.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
FedEx is the way to go, had a lot of things shipped to me when I was in California.

About scripts, if you can see if you meds can be changed for the $4 meds at walmart, and go for it. I learned a hard lesson with statins (lipitor and alike) that some stores/clubs made deals with other companies to buy in large quantity and pass the savings off to their customer. For example I use a generic statin and I get it at Sams club for 12 for 90, 3 months. I know that a few walmarts will match that price and take a loss on it to keep me from going to walgreens or CVS. I have run into some places that will not do this, even though they can afford to. I had to wait until I got back home to get the scripted filled. So I stock up on statins now, 180 days worth and at 12 for 90, big deal.

The other thing is carry extra scripts with you. If you run into a problem with a pharmacy and they won't do a refill, give them a new script and let them call the doc to confirm.

tec1959

Expert Expediter
If you just want to get your meds,Why don't you just call your doctor a couple days before you run out and have him call it into a walgreens near his office or your home.Then when you need a refill you can stop at any walgreens anywhere and they will fill it for you,Just tell them you have a refill in the computer...

usaf6186

Veteran Expediter
By the way, if you are one of the folks who get your Rx refilled at WalMarts along the way, it is good to know that IF you get one refilled in NY state they will fill it for one month only then you loose all your refills without a call to your doctor. It is a NY state law....not WalMart thing.

I use Walgreen's ln GA and the lable on the on the bottle has the refill info on it. You should not loose your refills if the info is on the lable. Jerry Lee

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When I turn on my computer its says you have mail.......now all jokes aside. if you have a family member or a friend that you trust have them scan your mail with a scanner and send it to your email. this has worked for me when I thought it was something important that I needed to read.

Now on a different subject ..... JUNK MAIL...... I take the time to open it up and write on it if you keep sending me this junk mail I will keep sending it back......you will be surprised . they pay a small amount to send it out but it cost them. when you send it back to them. I like to stuff all the advertisements that they have sent me and send it back to them.I have probably gone from 20 piece's of junk mail to 2 or 3 when I get home.