Honda Generators

dancorn

Veteran Expediter
I just found out the hard way that the Honda E2000i generator that sells for $1240 at Honda dealers can be bought for $999 at Gander Mtn and Camping World. Just thought I would pass that along.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
some licensed dealers as well like Tool and equipment rentals...some have better prices as well....bought mine at Vandalia Rental for about 100 bucks cheaper back when they were 1049 at Honda...

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I have the 2000i hooked to an external tank so all in. It holds 5.5 gal my calucations say I use just under 1/10 gal per hour running my a/c....can't beat a honda.......

Falligator

Expert Expediter
I just found out the hard way that the Honda E2000i generator that sells for $1240 at Honda dealers can be bought for $999 at Gander Mtn and Camping World. Just thought I would pass that along.
I'm in the market for one of those. Nice table by the way. :)

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I have the 2000i hooked to an external tank so all in. It holds 5.5 gal my calucations say I use just under 1/10 gal per hour running my a/c....can't beat a honda.......
Now wait a minute...I thought the Honda 2000 watt couldn't start an AC unit because of the surge. How many BTUs is your AC?

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I have a 5000 btu window unit....the 2000i runs it just fine never goes higher than an idle either....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I don't know now...I have talked to a few guys with newer Hondas and they say they aren't havung any issues with the "startup" of the compressor...maybe its just my unit or the one generator that the guy was nice enough to let me try...I mean it was a rental unit and he lost a sale and if it would have been just that ine unit you'd have thought that he might have tried another, but he was content to let me go after it died when the AC compressor hit and the surge didn't take care of it...

Personally, before I bought any genset, if at all possible, hook it up to what you want to power and see if it handles it..unless you are absolutely sure it will do the job, i mean the Honda is a darn good unit, as long as it will do what you want it to...

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
you can run your ac, tv, laptop, microwave, and a light all at the same time from your honda 2000.

Glad to hear it - the Proheat is toast, and the boss is planning to try the Honda genset [with a window AC unit] on my truck. I get to be the guinea pig, so if we do it, I'll be posting questions, for sure.

transporter

Expert Expediter
no cheri i wasnt saying i have done it i was asking ovm if that was what he meant to say. ovm is probly using just micro then turning ac on then turning other things on. do to initual surge requirements.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
no cheri i wasnt saying i have done it i was asking ovm if that was what he meant to say. ovm is probly using just micro then turning ac on then turning other things on. do to initual surge requirements.

Once the gen is running I can use the the Micro and AC at the same time....also usually have the LPT and a 12" fan running..

There are no surges in this extreme heat once the AC compressor kicks in...it stays on....

transporter

Expert Expediter
thxs ovm glad to know my assumption was wrong. i seen your ac mine and yours is both 5000 i have not used mine yet but mine is larger than yours for some reason