Homeless

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
I won't go into all of the reasons, but it looks as though my home will be sold on Monday; not my choice.

I have another chassis on order and hopefully the timing will work out so I don't have to spend money living in a motel until the chassis arrives at the builder.

By the Grace of God, this time, my return to expediting will be different.

A medical condition was the root cause of my delusional posts earlier this year and I fully understand as to why it was necessary to ban me from EO at that time.

I would like to publicly apologize to Lawrence and Dale for not realizing that I was suffering from a condition that impaired my judgment.

Moreover, I would also like to apologize to any member of the EO community that I offended during that period of time.

I would ask for your forgiveness and your prayers.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Knowing is a big part of the battle. All the best to you as you deal with what you have to deal with. Stay safe.

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well first off, I am sorry to hear about you loosing your house, on the other hand, why did you order, or continue to order a new chassis? If there was any hint that my house was going to be sold out from under me, I personally wouldn't be ordering anything new.
Why are you buying new, when there are so many new, or almost new trucks sitting on dealers lots, in driveways nearly begging to be driven away for pennies on the dollar?
But, it's your business, not mine. Best of Luck, you may need it.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Good point.

The reason being is that a 2010 GM chassis now offers a 6 speed tranny and a 3:42 differential.

My 2008 got decent mileage with a 3:73 and a 4 speed tranny, so I have great expectations for the new options now being offered.

Moreover, as I will be living in the truck I wanted specific creature and driving comforts that I could not find in a used truck.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
David,
I don't know what to make of this, A bit confused I am. SO got to ask what's it all about?

I don't mean the medical thing but how are you losing your house but gaining a van - a new van?

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Greg,

Wife left. It is her choice to dissolve our marriage. The court system requires we divide all property equally. Moreover, I do not want to stick around Dayton and relive past memories, so I have opted to return to expediting.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
David,
I understand completely, I do wish you a lot of luck in the future and to stay safe on the road.

I would like to hear more about your new van and how it will be setup, maybe put a thread in the truck forum?

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Previous Facebook post explaining this situation:

A few years ago I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and Hypertension ( High Blood Pressure). For two years I faithfully followed the advice of my physician and the proper regimen to alleviate the side effects of these medical conditions.

After a couple of years I felt so good that I stopped taking the blood pressure meds and I ceased using the CPAP unit that combats the Sleep Apnea. What a mistake!

The renewed high blood pressure, coupled with a shift in blood chemistry due to the Sleep Apnea, (there is plenty of research online to confirm this) caused me to manifest abnormal behavior pattens. My own son said that I was delusional; connecting the dots, if you will. At first, I was angry with his statement, but further research allowed me to see that emotional disturbances are a comman factor in those who lack proper oxgenation of blood due to Sleep Apnea.

This medical condition has cost me my marriage and my family; therfore, I am begging everyone to seek proper medical attention for any condition that is affecting them. Had I realized that I was be affected by conditions as the result of my Sleep Apnea, I would have sought medical attention much earlier.

Go see a qualified physician! Do not wait thinking you can heal yourself.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
David,
Sorry to hear what happen but it makes sort of sense.

Just something that you may not know about but there are a couple of BP meds out there that you can't just stop taking them, but gradually stop the use of them.

I haven't looked into the cpap issue you talked about, but I know about some of the BP meds that I worked on.

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
My CPAP is in my top five things, make that top three, things that I love the most! If my house catches fire, I may grab the CPAP before my wife or billfold. What a God send!

Mike

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Snoring Problems: The Emotional Symptoms

It’s not at all overly dramatic to suggest that the emotional costs of living with someone with a snoring problem are as severe, or possibly even more severe, as the physical toll associated with snoring problems.
This is because snoring can lead to a disturbing array of emotional problems, including:

lack of sleep, leading to Depression and anxiety

marital breakdown and divorce, due to lack of sleep and lack of empathy (remember, the partner with the snoring problem doesn’t often know the pain that they are unwittingly causing!)

eviction by a landlord and the resulting humiliation (this may sound funny, but some people have literally been kicked out of their homes because of their snoring problem!)

warring roommates and neighbors

job loss, due to inability to concentrate and focus (because of sleeplessness)

memory and retention problems due to sleeplessness

And within these problems (and this just a simple list, an entire book can be filled to document the real life emotional damage caused by snoring) are a host of painful mental states that infect both the guilty snorer, and the enraged non snorer.

These unproductive emotional states include: frustration

anguish

anger

exhaustion

feelings of violence

growing resentment

helplessness

lack of confidence and self-esteem

desperation

And let’s not forget the millions of non snorers who drive cars or operate heavy machinery; without a solid night of sleep, some of them can (and regrettably do) put both themselves and others at risk.

Indeed, the emotional problems associated with snoring are, unfortunately, less discussed; especially since the snorer himself or herself isn’t aware that he/she is causing so much unintentional emotional damage!

Yet, as you can easily see (perhaps even in reflecting upon your own life), the emotional costs of being a snorer or living with someone who has a snoring problem can be severe and incalculable.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I won't go into all of the reasons, but it looks as though my home will be sold on Monday; not my choice.

I have another chassis on order and hopefully the timing will work out so I don't have to spend money living in a motel until the chassis arrives at the builder.

By the Grace of God, this time, my return to expediting will be different.

A medical condition was the root cause of my delusional posts earlier this year and I fully understand as to why it was necessary to ban me from EO at that time.

I would like to publicly apologize to Lawrence and Dale for not realizing that I was suffering from a condition that impaired my judgment.

Moreover, I would also like to apologize to any member of the EO community that I offended during that period of time.

I would ask for your forgiveness and your prayers.

Well David...Good to see you on the road to recovery.

You and I had more then a few times a difference of opinion and I also at times did not make matters any better..for that I apologize.

Welcome back.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
dave, take care of yourself and let life unfold as it will, one never knows how things will turn out...i don't normally with people luck, but you certainly need support so good luck it is, and thoughts and prayers to you and yours...and as Greg said, start a thread in the "Truck" forum on how you upfit your new "digs"...

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
Divorce is painful no matter why the reason for getting one. It seems to hurt more when your partner is the one who wants/files first. Hang in there.....as hard as it seems right now, better days are coming for you. Keep the faith.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Thank you to all...

greg334, OVM, RLENT, Wingnut, layoutshooter, chefdennis, LDB, ConfusedMuse, freightchaser and others that have sent me messages.

Bless all of you for your advice and kind words.