Hino Motors Manufacturing Company

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yesterday I got a job making a run to the Hino plant in Marion, AR. I thought that's a cool run and I'll get to check out Hino trucks being manufactured and maybe get to talk to some of the people making them. When I got inside there wasn't a single truck being made. I was told that all Hino trucks are made in Kalifornia and that a few of the sub-assemblies are actually made there but just about all of it was assembled from a kit shipped in from Japan. Here in AR. at the Hino manufacturing plant they make axle assemblies for Toyota Tundra pickups. My intersting run turned into an all night drive for nothing other than the pay. :(

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
I picked up Toosie Rolls once in Chicago. When I got the run I Great I'm Going to see how its Done.

What I saw was a dirty nasty candy factory with dirty nasty railroad corn syrup cars going into the middle of it, it was a drury nasty place right out of a Tim Burton movie.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
et, when will you be having your next tootsie roll?

sounds like the description of the oscar mayer plant near where i lived in chicago.

Jack Berry

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well Leo I had the opposite experience. I was at the Sterling plant yesterday and I had a small tour of the place. I liked it, it was really cool looking at how they are put together. There was a very odd looking cab being moved that was as wide as a truck seat, liked to see what they were putting that on. The plant was a lot like the KW plant and the Peterbuilt plant I got the tours of.

Oh all of them were clean and well organized, better than any Detroit plant I have been in.

I was surprised at a few refineries I have been at, some have been dirty and made me want to leave as fast as possible to make sure I wasn't trapped.

As for food plant, the most disgusint place I ever had been was the rendering plant on Russel down the road from the Eastern Market here in Detroit. Stench was too much for all of us. The other plants were not much better.

MDB1

Expert Expediter
Let me tell you about a place that STINKS. I delivered some plastic wrapping film to a chicken processing plant. I think it was in Georgia. Wow, what a stench.

BTW, all of the people I saw working there appeared to be Mexican. Legal -- illegal-- your guess is as good as mine.

Prarysun

Seasoned Expediter
Speaking of "Stenches" went to a Lay's potatoe chip factory near Binghamton, NY, didn't eat tater chips for a very long time!!!

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
LDB said:"my interesting run turned into an all night drive for nothing,other than the pay"

And after all,isn't that what it's all about?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's the primary objective however every now and then a little something else is in order. When you think there's something extra to enjoy about a run and then lose it, especially when it's an all night drive, that's a bummer.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yep - it's those little things that mean so much, lol. I remember a favorite delivery, because it was one I thought I wouldn't enjoy: taking a trailer to General Mills, in Buffalo, in January. When I arrived, the whole area smelled of Cheerios, and it sure cheered me up! :)

darkunicorn

Seasoned Expediter
What are you talking about I own a hino and its not made from no kit from Japan all the front end parts have TRW stamped right on them the rear end is a Dana the trany is a Allison the brakes I think are bendix frame is manufactured at the plant in California what does come from Japan and I’m glad is the engine with years of reliable service.