High Top Cargo

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
There's lots if like to do but with 420K on the ticket, I don't know about permanently affixing much to this one.

Kinda hard to throw good money after bad when you don't know how much longer she is gonna have in her.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using EO Forums mobile app

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Kinda hard to throw good money after bad when you don't know how much longer she is gonna have in her.

I know, right?!?! But it just keeps chugging right along. I do think I'm experiencing less horsepower than I did 185K ago when I bought it. But I don't push it hard so it's a non-issue.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
I know, right?!?! But it just keeps chugging right along. I do think I'm experiencing less horsepower than I did 185K ago when I bought it. But I don't push it hard so it's a non-issue.

Point A to B right. Don't matter how ya get there as long as you get there. Sometimes it ain't pretty!

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Consider yourself a better man, now. There's more to life than the posterior of a female human being!! Although I am quite fond of Sally's (wife) arse! LOL!!

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
You shouldn't need your own dot if your signing on with a carrier.

Absolutely put in a floor and etrack and use it!

I have the portable air, generator, bed, heat....and all those things in this van. It's just a transfer.

Cool, won't need to have the DOT.

Question on etrack refers to mounting JUST the track to the floor for now, adding plywood later. Don't like shoddy and corner cut work, so if I can use the stock floor with sheet screws or something, I'd get by until Spring when I can do it right. My cargo is always secured, and well.

Thanks Xiggi

Last edited:

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Insulation. If you can get the blown in stuff, that would be the way to go IMO. Does come at a price tag. Got mine done for about $700. Fills all the nooks and crannies.

There are some good pics on here by those that did the insul boards.

Turtle did his up real nice at a fraction of the cost. But takes some time. Took the company I used 4 hours to prep, blow and clean up.

Makes a huge difference in your comfort.

This Spring will bring on the insulation and panels. Again, want that done right but I've got to get out there and run some miles. We'll have to tough it out for now. Espar will be in line....before next Winter.

Will have to consider blown in....but I like DIY as well. Spouse will have the Spring honey do list and I'll squeeze those in between. But dear, guess which has priority? :D It's vannin time....

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter

Pretty sweet indeed. I built my own storage considering the wheel wells on Terra. I'll leave them with the van as the owner treated me very well. Too wide for the GMC.

Looks like you got a super set up Xiggi. That's what I mean about getting by, while being Spartan for now.....so I can do it right.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Van still looks great. When and if she dies would you ever consider slapping another motor in her?

Sent from my LGL45C using EO Forums mobile app

Maybe. She's a base model. I miss power windows and the cargo lining in the back and factor insulation. It all adds up to mo dough.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I have the portable air, generator, bed, heat....and all those things in this van. It's just a transfer.

Cool, won't need to have the DOT.

Question on etrack refers to mounting JUST the track to the floor for now, adding plywood later. Don't like shoddy and corner cut work, so if I can use the stock floor with sheet screws or something, I'd get by until Spring when I can do it right. My cargo is always secured, and well.

Thanks Xiggi

What kind of a/c do you have. I'll be in the market in the Spring. I need to be able to run it on 2000 watts. My furniture pad curtains hold the heat in there WELL. No need for insulation even.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
She still looks nice! Brings up a point.....my van will have no windows, back or side. Benefit, or no?

OK, let's protect ourselves here Maverick.....it does have the windshield and cab glass. :p

No benefit to me. I covered mine with insulation panels the day after I bought it. You just MUST be very comfortable using ONLY mirrors. But at least the mirrors are large.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I'm having a booger of a time adding my aux fuel tank for my genset. All sealed well at gen. Draw/fuel line easily installed through gas can cap. Vent that end by unscrewing some. I tried the "siphon" method but thy flooded my generator with gas last night. Scary.
Genset running. Generating 110 volts. Gas siphoning out of the auxiliary tank, pushing its way into the generator tank. Apparently the carb system is vented back to the tank without a check valve. Boo!
Ga shooting out the carb vent. Pooled under gen. Running out onto the ground. It killed the engine. Filled the carb. Filled the cylinder.
I thought it may BLOW!! LOL!!

So I think I need to tap into the generator gas tank near the bottom and fee the aux fuel using gravity. Kind of like dual tanks on a straight truck.
Hopefully I can tap that tank easy enough. Ugh.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
What kind of a/c do you have. I'll be in the market in the Spring. I need to be able to run it on 2000 watts. My furniture pad curtains hold the heat in there WELL. No need for insulation even.

I have a Coleman Polar Cub 9.2 BTU. Works just fine on my Honda 2000. It will freeze me out if I let. Once the temp gets down to a comfy level I turn the controls down so it cycles on and off. Depending of exterior temps, I get 6 to 8 hours on the Honda tank. I don't use a external. I have a espar for winter. Honda runs right at 15 hours when charging house bat. and watching tv.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
I'm having a booger of a time adding my aux fuel tank for my genset. All sealed well at gen. Draw/fuel line easily installed through gas can cap. Vent that end by unscrewing some. I tried the "siphon" method but thy flooded my generator with gas last night. Scary.
Genset running. Generating 110 volts. Gas siphoning out of the auxiliary tank, pushing its way into the generator tank. Apparently the carb system is vented back to the tank without a check valve. Boo!
Ga shooting out the carb vent. Pooled under gen. Running out onto the ground. It killed the engine. Filled the carb. Filled the cylinder.
I thought it may BLOW!! LOL!!

So I think I need to tap into the generator gas tank near the bottom and fee the aux fuel using gravity. Kind of like dual tanks on a straight truck.
Hopefully I can tap that tank easy enough. Ugh.

Need a match? :D

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter

Running a 8000BTU Soleus/KY 80/other names (around 300.00 new)...powered by the 2000 Honeywell. Built a framework around the unit (passenger seat removed) so it slides in and out of it's "sleeve" whenever I need it. Most of the time, you can just pull it straight out, and you have to, to clear enough space between the door and hose hookup vent. Custom fitting on end of hose rolls right up into the window with two fitted foam rubber pieces to fill the window gap. Hooks up in less than 5 minutes, generator and all.

There's enough hose to turn the unit 90 degrees and have it shoot right into the sleeping area. In Laredo it worked fine....but don't stray far from the direct cooling flow vent...and I didn't. :) Hot as pistol when down there last summer.

May work a deal where the owner takes it. I'd turn right around this Spring and grab the same air unit, but probably go with the Yamaha generator, though the Honeywell runs great and powers the unit through all cycling....on energy save.

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
No benefit to me. I covered mine with insulation panels the day after I bought it. You just MUST be very comfortable using ONLY mirrors. But at least the mirrors are large.

I'm a constant mirror checker. Having said, I'll miss the BU camera. Didn't think I'd use it much, and it's little good for night time, but it gives enough comfort to warrant consideration prior to insulating.