High Top Cargo

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Like possibly if the chassis and drive were rated at 15-18k I see it but then it's still useless because it isn't dock height. Moving van for John Q is all I figure, or a chip truck but that's a heck of a step up

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
What about the cargo max that one of the members here has tricked? He was I think 21k for and it's slick looking van

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
It could be bought for less. I'd love to see him get $21K but the market isn't having it. Same issue. Heavy truck. I think rated 10K. Good think it's not a "scale" truck. But yes. Decked NICE! Wish I could buy it. 6.0L engine.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
I paid more than that for my ford but it was new pretty much the only reason the ford got bought. I mean it has the 4.6 in it! Weak sauce lol. That 6.0 and all the room plus the extras like the generator and A/C make that CMaax appealing

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
LOL!! I paid $6,000 cash for mine 169,000 miles and about $150,400 in revenue ago.
Price of the truck means nothing.
A penny saved is a penny earned.
That's why I hate to even think about replacing this van. It seems to have LOTS of life left in it. And low cost per mile.
But you gotta buy a right!!

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
LOL!! I paid $6,000 cash for mine 169,000 miles and about $150,400 in revenue ago.
Price of the truck means nothing.
A penny saved is a penny earned.
That's why I hate to even think about replacing this van. It seems to have LOTS of life left in it. And low cost per mile.
But you gotta buy a right!!

If I knew/had a trusted mechanic I would have gone that route. But I do not and I can't fix squat lol. Zero knowledge of how to fix stuff

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, I do some of my own work. Brakes, rotors, belt, O2 sensors, tune ups, alternator. But nothing too hard. I'm too lazy to do too much.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Are those nose Reese hitches hard to install? Also I've been told that the Chevy is a bit nicer to drive; does the extra weight make it drive like a boat on concrete?

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
My dad could do most repairs himself BUT he has a regular factory job and is just getting a early start at retirement income with having a couple of vans running around

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Are those nose Reese hitches hard to install? Also I've been told that the Chevy is a bit nicer to drive; does the extra weight make it drive like a boat on concrete?

I don't have a front hitch but some year models of Chevy require some fabricating to install one. The frame has a piece on each side that interfere with the support plate bolting on. I still plan on something up there but kept getting "no" from hitch installers and fan shops. I may just have to buy or rent a welder. I just needed something quick so I bolted it directly to the bumper and supported the front with the bars that came with the carrier and some cable from Lowes. Bolted it to the body supports under the hood. It's not permanent but will suffice through this winter if need be.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
My dad could do most repairs himself BUT he has a regular factory job and is just getting a early start at retirement income with having a couple of vans running around

And no. It handles NO different. And I'm sensitive to its handling. The whole set up is.....
73# generator.
~35# of gas. (In the gen and the 2 cans)
~50# for carrier and supports. Max.

So no, I don't think I feel the extra 160# out there at all. I'm sure it affects my alignment angle a hair but I'm not sure it's worth a re-alignment.