Hey Y'all it's September! Where ya at?!

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
I'll go with that new place in Florida. Winter is coming.:cool:

You are always an optimistic thinker, Load One south, Florida. You better have a guest room so we can investigate our options while sipping drinks on your patio !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
We're finally going to get the massage parlor we've all wanted.. I just love a story with a happy ending

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using EO Forums mobile app

One got shut down in Daytona last month. It is currently available. ;)
Plenty of parking too. We know that is important.

cherokee727

Expert Expediter
Welp the truck we were trying to buy just fell thru... got 2 more to call tomorrow but looks like we will be taking a few steps back and becoming drivers again... I know it is not the end of the world but well it sucks... we been a owner since 2007 and had this truck not been such a money pit we would have had the money to buy a truck now... The good thing of all this (except us being alive) is at least that truck is gone..We will NEVER buy a class 7 again... So how are you guys doing?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
How it is taken care of has much more to do with longevity than whether it is a class 7 or 8.

cherokee727

Expert Expediter
How it is taken care of has much more to do with longevity than whether it is a class 7 or 8.

We take very good care of our trucks.

We have owned 2 and drove 1 class 7 trucks and owned 1 and drove 7 class 8's and the repair cost were not anywhere as close on the 8's as they were on the 7's

I am not saying all 7's are bad I know a few people that had luck with them but we and none of the owners that had them had any luck with the 7's

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had all week to be sick at home, but that would have been to easy. Wait till the night before I go back in-service to come down with a cold, much better plan :rolleyes:

guido4475

Not a Member

You took the words right out of my mouth. A class 7 truck has been proven to be trustworthy and dependable for many drivers if taken care of with a good, well followed preventative maintenance program.

W

Windsor

Breaking news.... 9-19 is Tom Wilson appreciation day every yr from here on out.

cherokee727

Expert Expediter
You took the words right out of my mouth. A class 7 truck has been proven to be trustworthy and dependable for many drivers if taken care of with a good, well followed preventative maintenance program.

Again not every class 7. Our truck was properly maintained from new. (We have all receipts) we were the 2nd owners. Pm preformed every 12k. I look over my truck everyday and watch for things to go bad. But maintenance won't stop the problems we had. It had nothing to do with maintenance. Drive train was solid. But everything else was breaking. A/c compressor 4 times, alternator, 5 windshields, radiator, hvac problems, wires going bad, water pump, apu motor due to a computer malfunction causing it to over heat, apu computers, roof a/c we did have to do a head gasket. I know I am forgetting stuff but we had $50k in repairs $20k of that over the last year. The cost isn't the problem. The down time caused by bad shops and having to order parts because the don't stock our parts. Getting wrong parts etc. That is what was the killer. We could never get ahead of the repairs...

Last edited: