Hey "y'all" it's October

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
We continually adjust staff up and down across days of the week, time of the day based on a number of factors. Call volumes, email volumes, bid opportunities are just a few of the many aspects we evaluate on an ongoing basis. Trust me we already do this and have done so for years.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
heck with ya all....:(.....Eddie you are an azzhole.....thanks for the support crap head!!

Last edited:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is Sunday part of the weekend? Why yes it is, and me and at least one other got "Loaded" today. Thanks, John dispatch did a good job today. And-and, I did nothing to get this load, it was A L L dispatch. Empty in Waddy. :cool:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
1- OVM will tell you how to run your company
2- others will have a $3,500 week and wonder why no weekend loads
3- OVM will think about something while sitting.
4 - You eye isn't the only thing that stinks
5 - Too bad you can read the forums with one good eye.
6 - JUJU has pickels.
7 _ OVM is blowing bubbles wonder where to move to for Monday
8- Count to ten.

Fixed it for you. . .

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I didn't get a load this weekend, either. Got 2 offers yesterday, accepted both, no joy. But I know dispatch is looking, and I just cannot understand anyone feeling they need to call and ask "Are you looking?" Do they call payroll to ask "Are you working on my settlement?" every week too? Of course not, so what's the difference?
Mad props to dispatch for taking the calls without biting heads off - I know how I'd feel if anyone called to ask if I'm doing my job.
Maybe there ought to be a charge for using the phone to ask what should go via QC, because it doesn't need an immediate reply.
Maybe I'd have got a load if dispatch weren't answering those calls. Or not - but it's something to consider.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
7 weekends in a row now without a load...lol...thinking about changing where I run as to being closer to home and than just going home on friday night and coming back out on mondays.

Since I still can count my number of weekend loads I've had on my fingers, that's pretty much been my plan this past year. I just love to save John Money :rolleyes:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Mad props to dispatch for taking the calls without biting heads off - I know how I'd feel if anyone called to ask if I'm doing my job.
If I were in dispatch I'd just tell the drivers, "No, it's the weekend! We're all just sitting here playing Solitaire on the computer. And I'm winning!" And then hang up.

Probably a good idea that I'm not in dispatch.

divadriver01

Expert Expediter
Scanning the thread, did I miss something :confused:

I was wondering the same thing. ..kept going back and re-reading. I thought my eo was acting up cuz I saw Eddie's post and wondered why I could read John's counting without words but there were words in Eddie's....LOL.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was wondering the same thing. ..kept going back and re-reading. I thought my eo was acting up cuz I saw Eddie's post and wondered why I could read John's counting without words but there were words in Eddie's....LOL.

I was loaded yesterday and no hangover this morning, how bout you? You were loaded. :cool: Some have hangovers without getting loaded.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
To round out the " THE TOP TEN REASON's" you don't own a trucking company...

# 9. Poke

# 10. Pokepoke

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
You all act like loads can be crapped out on demand. If that's what you want then you are in the wrong segment of the industry. This is expedite. Would more weekend runs be great, sure they would. Would a full staff all weekend be good, sure. Is there monkey time, sure there is cause if the boards are not busy and the phone isn't ringing what's left. Things can always be different but the circumstances have to be different also. To sum it up, like I have said before, we all made our own choice to do this and you can complain all you want. It is what it is and if you feel your complaints are not handled to your liking then there are other places to go. This business is being run how it's owner sees fit, just like we all do !!!!!!