Hey "y'all" it's October

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well pain is better but no vision out of the eye. Total fog. But they say that is ok and it will get worse before it gets better.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You'll probably be able to see better once you get the patch off.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
No patch. They do a clear contact now. Totally missed the pirate look :(

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
dont know if this will show....

[video]https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=732360346846329&fref=nf[/video]

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well my one good eye is getting ready for Lions kick off! Early game as we are playing in London! Coffee and baileys, bloody Mary's and an omlette.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Well my one good eye is getting ready for Lions kick off! Early game as we are playing in London! Coffee and baileys, bloody Mary's and an omlette.

Eye mayte, sounds good. Hope your eye is feeling better but dont STICK a finger in it to find out . LOL !!!!!!!

guido4475

Not a Member
I'm thinking the weekend staff needs to be bumped up.

I totally agree as well, IMO...There is only so much 2 people are capable of doing with how many, 125 trucks/vans (A guess) in the expedite division? I've sat upstairs on a weekend and things do get pretty hairy at times there.But, on the same note, things seem to change so quickly, so drastically in the this business as well....More and more ankle-biter carriers are multiplying like rabbits, making things so much not like they used to be...And shippers changing the way they do business as well, amongst other things...

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I totally agree as well, IMO...There is only so much 2 people are capable of doing with how many, 125 trucks/vans (A guess) in the expedite division? I've sat upstairs on a weekend and things do get pretty hairy at times there.But, on the same note, things seem to change so quickly, so drastically in the this business as well....More and more ankle-biter carriers are multiplying like rabbits, making things so much not like they used to be...And shippers changing the way they do business as well, amongst other things...

Heck yes! Johns losing money on every unit that sits on the weekend as are we all!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I'm thinking the weekend staff needs to be bumped up.

Well if the business is there we adjust. Most of the big boards we can run reports and see what the overall volumes are. If the volumes are there we adjust up or down accordingly. Now time spent in a hundred calls of ...."are u guys looking for a load for me?" Well that is a bit of a wasted resource.

With the cost of layover I would gladly add staff if it could pay for itself.

Last edited:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Age old question... Which comes first ? The chicken or the egg? If there was more manpower I'm pretty sure there would be more opportunities for loads.