Hello to Everyone

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Hello everyone this is our first post to EO forum. We have been interested in Expediting for a few years now and this may just be our year with our son graduating and heading to serve our country in the Air Force. We will be at the Expo next week (thanks to Bob and Linda for the advise) and look forward to it. Seeking a mid life career change sends many emotions and I know we are headed in the right direction. It is only the first step of many and we look forward to the journey.

Dexter & Heather Allen

"Success is not based on that which one has, but upon that which one has overcome"

Looking forward to talking with you guys in person! Welcome to the EO Forums.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Welcome, Mr & Mrs Fi. :D
About Paul's advice: his point is valid, but the flip side is that a major carrier is often easier for a newbie, due to the comprehensive orientation and training - they do a lot of it, and don't miss much. Many small places tend to assume you know the general routines already, IMO. "Signs are on your truck, here's your permits, you're ready for a load now." :eek:
The other benefit with the big guys is how much easier it is to find 'mentors' [you've already found that Caffees are very very good for that] which is important when you're just getting started.
See you at the Expo!

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
Hope to meet you and everyone at the expo, I am kind of easy to pick out of a crowd, I am fat and have a flame tattoo with an American flag design in it on my right forearm, you can see some of it in my avatar picture.

Why didn't you tell me that before I started approaching the 15 strangers in the parking lot of the Flying J looking for you?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Why didn't you tell me that before I started approaching the 15 strangers in the parking lot of the Flying J looking for you?

Since I was there already I thought I was going to see you come in but you arrived with ninja like stealthyness.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
You two are going to scare me if you are at the Expo....

That's what Dakota said when I wrote about how easy it is to make chloroform, [I Googled it out of curiosity], lol. And I didn't even mention the icepick I finally found at the store!
What's scary about these ^^ guys? They seem pretty normal to me...:confused:

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
That's what Dakota said when I wrote about how easy it is to make chloroform, [I Googled it out of curiosity], lol.

They seem pretty normal to me...:confused:

hmmm owners of vans without rear windows talking about how to make chloroform and sharing it with their fellow drivers ..... And you all wonder why we get a bad rap.