Hello August

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was waiting on that bomb...after all you are the Elkhart guy now....:p
Trying to break that habit, first offer was to ST Louis which I did a month ago, but didn't get it today, Elkhart call was for a late one and thats hit or miss on getting unloaded in a timely fashion, I left it on the table. Just getting a little fed up with Elkhart

Reactions: hazmat and BIGTRAIN

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Trying to break that habit, first offer was to Sr Louis which I did a month ago, but didn't get it today, Elkhart call was for a late one and thats hit or miss on getting unloaded in a timely fashion, I left it on the table. Just getting a little fed up with Elkhart
but it fits your style so well....you sure you want to burn that bridge?...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
After 7 weeks... Yes I do, I prefer south and enough time on the load to not run the toll road everyday.
some dispatchers don't seem to grasp the cost of them toll roads especially at todays rates....
operators at carriers that pay all tolls should be very thankful they do so....
when my dispatch says something like Chicago to the east coast I am very careful on saying yes....75 cents or even .85 is NOT a good rate some times when they can't be avoided....
Westgate to Eastgate...

Cargo Van
E-ZPass Fare
$12.25
Non E-ZPass Fare
$17.75
Savings With E-ZPass
$5.50

Sprinter type
E-ZPass Fare
$21.75
Non E-ZPass Fare
$30.25
Savings With E-ZPass
$8.50

high-low-classification.jpg

Last edited:

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
some dispatchers don't seem to grasp the cost of them toll roads especially at todays rates....
operators at carriers that pay all tolls should be very thankful they do so....
when my dispatch says something like Chicago to the east coast I am very careful on saying yes....75 cents or even .85 is NOT a good rate some times when they can't be avoided....
Westgate to Eastgate...

E-ZPass Fare
$12.25
Non E-ZPass Fare
$17.75
Savings With E-ZPass
$5.50
Yep every week I get an email from ez pass, hello old friend that will be 50 bucks lol

Reactions: hazmat and ntimevan

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I agree, turned down a Chicago yesterday because of tolls and with no reimbursement and the fact its more then likely a empty move home resulting in more tolls.
No wake up call this morning so I must be in the dog house.
I turned down Elkhart I'm sure I'm done for the day

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Moved down stream to the next fishing hole...Alexandria Walmart and pilot for a shower !:p
How is that Pilot? Did it get remodeled when Pilot took it over? I haven't been in there since shortly after it opened as Pipeline. I found it to be extremely loud with sound bouncing off all the corrugated steel panels. Once was enough for me. I used the restroom, bought coffee and left.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
How is that Pilot? Did it get remodeled when Pilot took it over? I haven't been in there since shortly after it opened as Pipeline. I found it to be extremely loud with sound bouncing off all the corrugated steel panels. Once was enough for me. I used the restroom, bought coffee and left.
Yes, it very nice, open concept and all new showers....and BIG front lot...

strategically its 100 mile in either direction to Minni or Fargo...:)

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
Yes, it very nice, open concept and all new showers....and BIG front lot...

strategically its 100 mile in either direction to Minni or Fargo...:)
ImageUploadedByEO Forums1470164837.350525.jpg

OVM the Bison expert,
Wanna know if I eat this will I never need a haircut again like yourself or will it help Dick's hair grow?

Reactions: ntimevan

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Cargo Van
E-ZPass Fare
$12.25
Non E-ZPass Fare
$17.75
Savings With E-ZPass
$5.50

Sprinter type
E-ZPass Fare
$21.75
Non E-ZPass Fare
$30.25
Savings With E-ZPass
$8.50

high-low-classification.jpg
I'm confused (at my age, it's easy to do).

Why the difference between a cargo van and a sprinter?
After all, a sprinter is basically just a tall van. Still just 4 wheels.