Hello August

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Loaded Fri in Edison, NJ and am here waiting to unload in LeMars, IA. Have a relocate built in to get me back to Davenport, IA...wonder if there would be any decent freight tho from here or nearby...or I may see how far I'm from Bison lol. Hey Ken, hi nice to meet you Juju. (met Ken a while back before I bought my promaster, when we were both in Carlisle, PA)

Won't discuss all the headaches with this load but was able to get straight truck rate ($1.35 per mile instead of $.80 per mile, accepted load as 2 pallets 48" high, 2500 lbs, 1,323 miles...reality was 3 pallets 76" high, 3,300 lbs. Took a layer off and stacked it and everything else where I could fit it. Was 100 lbs under gvwr (scaled load, 8,800 lbs, 8900 lb gvwr) Also collected an extra $250 to keep load over weekend and not deliver til today)

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes it is. Dispatch just called and wanted to know if I was still sitting where they left me last month. Morons I tell ya, these idiots couldn't use a chalkboard if someone picked out the colors of chalk for them.
You got a call??? I've been wondering what my phone sounds like!

Reactions: Mailer and ntimevan

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Loaded Fri in Edison, NJ and am here waiting to unload in LeMars, IA. Have a relocate built in to get me back to Davenport, IA...wonder if there would be any decent freight tho from here or nearby...or I may see how far I'm from Bison lol. Hey Ken, hi nice to meet you Juju. (met Ken a while back before I bought my promaster, when we were both in Carlisle, PA)

Won't discuss all the headaches with this load but was able to get straight truck rate ($1.35 per mile instead of $.80 per mile, accepted load as 2 pallets 48" high, 2500 lbs, 1,323 miles...reality was 3 pallets 76" high, 3,300 lbs. Took a layer off and stacked it and everything else where I could fit it. Was 100 lbs under gvwr (scaled load, 8,800 lbs, 8900 lb gvwr) Also collected an extra $250 to keep load over weekend and not deliver til today)
You're in Green and Yellow land, lots of freight!

Reactions: ntimevan

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager

Nice to "meet" you too. Good Morning gang...coffee in hand!!!