Health Insurance for Expediters; What do You See?

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
And if they have no assets to steal, they have Fema/work/private prison camps for that.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't care about 2015!! Ill be 65!! Obama can eat my shorts!

If you REALLY believe you will be OK under Medicare, I have a bridge over a river in Death Valley for sale, want to buy it? :p You are going to be in for a VERY rude awakening! They want older, less healthy people DEAD and will do what they can to help you along towards that goal! :eek: Not your shorts! They are a CLASSIC!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you REALLY believe you will be OK under Medicare, I have a bridge over a river in Death Valley for sale, want to buy it? :p You are going to be in for a VERY rude awakening! They want older, less healthy people DEAD and will do what they can to help you along towards that goal! :eek: Not your shorts! They are a CLASSIC!

You go on and believe that crap.. Joe that's your right as always.... I make less then 2x the federal poverty level... Iam exempt

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
OVM, did health care play into your decision, at the time, to move here from Canada ?

I am not obsessed about it like you guys are.... I read a lot of crap on here and most who've made comments are simply reading off the Internet and have no experience.
My official opinion? You guys are screwed! As presented it looks all over the chart

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You go on and believe that crap.. Joe that's your right as always.... I make less then 2x the federal poverty level... Iam exempt

WE, however, are NOT exempt.

Don't forget, Medicare is already bankrupt and Obama has taken out a very tidy sum from that program to help cover Obama Care. Don't you believe for ONE SECOND that this country, or any other country for that matter, gives a rat's butt about your health or welfare. You are, at best, a "pet" for them to throw a bone to once in a while. As soon as you can't play fetch for them, the bones will go away.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Then just don't get Sick... Stay as healthy as possible and minimize your exposure... If you do... Just flip the bird and let them try and collect blood from a stone.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
I am not obsessed about it like you guys are.... I read a lot of crap on here and most who've made comments are simply reading off the Internet and have no experience.
My official opinion? You guys are screwed! As presented it looks all over the chart

+1 to most of that. I don't know if we're screwed or not but I can get behind the rest of that. I'm thinking (hoping) that both the Ds and the Rs eventually give up a few of their sacred cows and we eventually end up with a single payer system, maybe even one that actually works. But we need to do this in baby steps, for some inexplicable reason we need to go there kicking and screaming. Baby steps is all we can do.

Here's a cost calculator. I don't know if there are better ones out there, I just happened to stumble on this the other day.

Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

It seems to me it's not nearly as bad as some are saying and not nearly as good as others are saying.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Single payer? Why would you want the government in total control of that large a piece of the economy AND your life? They have bankrupted SS, Medicare and Medicade. Welfare increases poverty and the more government gets involved with education the more it costs and the less effective it is. I don't want them involved in health care.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
+1 to most of that. I don't know if we're screwed or not but I can get behind the rest of that. I'm thinking (hoping) that both the Ds and the Rs eventually give up a few of their sacred cows and we eventually end up with a single payer system, maybe even one that actually works. But we need to do this in baby steps, for some inexplicable reason we need to go there kicking and screaming. Baby steps is all we can do.

Here's a cost calculator. I don't know if there are better ones out there, I just happened to stumble on this the other day.

Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

It seems to me it's not nearly as bad as some are saying and not nearly as good as others are saying.

that is exactly what I am saying....a program of this magnitude is going to take years and years of tinkering..it'll be in a state of constant change to some degree....all this whining and crying ...its a done deal...BOTH sides of the house wanted this and it is not going anywhere...learn to deal with it....STOP spreading the lies and misconceptions and learn to work with it....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Single payer? Why would you want the government in total control of that large a piece of the economy AND your life? They have bankrupted SS, Medicare and Medicade. Welfare increases poverty and the more government gets involved with education the more it costs and the less effective it is. I don't want them involved in health care.

Guess what...?? unfortunately it doesn't matter what you think....you'll go down kicking and screaming, but this is a done deal IMO.....

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Thank you to all who voted for Obama care that has now caused hundreds of thousands of cancellations in the USA. Florida alone is 475,000 and in the New York or northeast over 800,000 cancellations. Wow, good job you all, real good job.... Pied Piper music anyone....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Guess what...?? unfortunately it doesn't matter what you think....you'll go down kicking and screaming, but this is a done deal IMO.....

Yep, and that will be the end of life as we know it.

FAR too many fools in this world willing to accept being ruled rather than accept responsibility for their own lives. Weak, very weak, in both mind and spirit. Freedom is more valuable than second class, government controlled health care, and the evils that go with it.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
NBC is reporting that 50-75% of the 14 million people buying insurance will receive cancellation notices within the next 12 months.

And the White House has known about this for THREE YEARS !