Heads Up On Husky Fuel Stops!

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
RE: EXchange Rates (was) Heads Up On Husky Fuel St

>
>
> OVM, I have to opoligize for a lot of my fellow Americans,
>and, what they "expect" BECAUSE they are Americans. And most
>that expect, did not do their part to earn the respect.
>They only can mouth about it. Unfortuneately. You are only
>seeing the tip of the iceburg as to what Americans expect.
>Worse part is, you otta see our Embasy Pukes perform while
>representing Americans in all parts of the world. This
>"expect" typed here was mild. Lot like Expediters, they
>"expect" that roast goose to fly in their open face.

Don't count me as one of your "fellow Americans" that you need to apologize for!

As for doing my part? No, I didn't serve but my father-in-law carried a metal plate in his head from WWII till the day he died. My husband served in Vietnam, my brother in the Navy in that same era, my younger brother in the Marines in the late 70's, my daughter in the Air Force, oldest son in the Army, and youngest son in the Air Force presently getting ready to go to Afghanistan in Sept.

DON'T TALK DOWN YOUR NOSE TO ME ABOUT ANYONE NOT DOING THEIR PART.

YOU CAUSTIC OLD SO AND SO.....YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH YOUR ROAST GOOSE.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Hawk...me too...Canada is far from perfect..

col...tell me about it...I've had to deal the the embassy for almost 2 years...and to top it off it was the one in MONTREAL!!

DD...I don't think ...naw never mind...Have a better day.:)

greg334

Veteran Expediter

I agree with x06col, I had a great experience with some embassy staff a long time ago and can’t believe their attitude where I was at.

Well many American people expect accommodations when in a foreign country, which Canada is one of them. I would expect people who traveled to the wilds of Canada to understand that many Canadians never have seen a US dollar bill, let alone care to exchange Canadian currency for it and that we must respect them and not expect them to bow down to us.

As I am a frequent traveler to Canada, I have to say the best solution is Rob’s by far, use a credit card and don’t worry about the pennies you lose or gain – that is so trivial and truly dumb. I carry some Canadian money with me because I have been to a few places that don’t even accept credit cards and I don’t break out the all mighty green back. I don’t mean to carry 2 or 3 thousand $C but a hundred or two is nice to have in off the main places.

As for my comments, I am an American who is getting tired of the criticism and the mind set that the world can do without us – that’s all.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Calling all Mods!! Help...we got a bad case of one upmanship thats incureable. Pleeezzzeee put it out of it's misery....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

>My Country can beat up your Country;)

*LMAO* @ Jim.....;)

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter

Thanks RobA for bringing us full circle.

Ditto on the credit card!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

What amazes me is how Americans will drop everything and rush to the aid of others all around the world, yet can't seem to find New Orleans on a globe.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

That's more for the political forum, Turtle. But I'll bite. In your mind, what more could've been done?

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter

What more? well shot those who tried to leave.