Have a bucket handy

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Yet, there you are, in front of those terraria. What's your choice? If you don't know, which choice would be foolish?

It wouldn't matter if you are forgiven for your sins. Especially one you didn't know about. Now who is being silly?

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
There you go. That is why no one really knows what it meant. Many interpretations can have one to arrive at many different conclusions. That is why you have so many different religions.

I keep hearing this, but it's not applicable. Here's why....again:

Rom.8

[6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

1Cor.2

[14] But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

AMonger has proceeded without explaining why things are, in accordance to the Bible. You have so many different religions because those who are not born again in The Spirit.....cannot possibly discern what God says in scripture. Problem is, they try, while stumbling about, not understanding what the scriptures teach in regard to living.

I have even heard the ridiculous notion that homosexuals should be allowed to attend certain churches. That's where the verse "come out of her my people" comes from. It would be time to flee that church in haste. Here's why....

Rom.1

[26] For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
[27] And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Amonger fails to back his claim with the word of God itself. The above verses are very plain, not complicated at all. What some modern Christians fail to understand is; God will give a people over to whatever desire is burning in their hearts. You want to lay with other men? Fine, I'll give you over to that, but understand the consequence.

1Corinth 6

[9] Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
[10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

The problem with most of the world? It's not A God they hate or don't want to follow....it's THAT God they don't like. The one who actually commands a certain amount of obedience. In our progression :rolleyes: it's become very apparent we want a God who will "progress" with us. However, that ain't happenin.

Last edited:

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
Yeah but all this reminds me of Muslin suicide bombers - in order to earn the blessings of God (Allah) they must smite down those that don't live as some book assembled by people with political and financial aspirations and cherry picked by similar people says they should.

To me it all adds up to good = bad and bad =good if they say it does.

Nope, I ain't buying it for a second. Good = good. Good people are good people. Kind people are kind people. If there is any order to this universe and if there is a heaven and I don't know that there is, then the good and kind people go there. I can't accept any other explanation. If someone is a little light in the loafers and is good and kind then I say "more power to them"!

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Yeah but all this reminds me of Muslin suicide bombers - in order to earn the blessings of God (Allah) they must smite down those that don't live as some book assembled by people with political and financial aspirations and cherry picked by similar people says they should.

To me it all adds up to good = bad and bad =good if they say it does.

Nope, I ain't buying it for a second. Good = good. Good people are good people. Kind people are kind people. If there is any order to this universe and if there is a heaven and I don't know that there is, then the good and kind people go there. I can't accept any other explanation. If someone is a little light in the loafers and is good and kind then I say "more power to them"!

I can derive two obvious facts from this post?

1) You do not believe in The Bible.

2) You understand your writing eliminates at least one of the supposed dozens of legit "religions". I like that. ;)

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
I can derive two obvious facts from this post?

1) You do not believe in The Bible.

2) You understand your writing eliminates at least one of the supposed dozens of legit "religions". I like that. ;)

1) It's not an all-in or all-out (binary) question. From an historical perspective I'm sure the Bible is is an incredible tool. I distrust this kind of situation though. Gather 10 people in a room and before you know it, one guy is quoting Mathew to prove a point and another is quoting Paul to disprove that point. Isn't it better to try and see the broad strokes? Avoiding the can't see the forest for the trees problem, in other words. Jesus rocked! A person doesn't even have to be the least bit religious to see that. He gave us a great philosophy for how to live our lives. What on earth is un-christian with someone ignoring the Bible and the Church and all the money and political trappings and trying his best to lead as life as Jesus prescribed?

2) Which one? Cutting down the number is a good thing, no? :)

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
1) It's not an all-in or all-out (binary) question. From an historical perspective I'm sure the Bible is is an incredible tool. I distrust this kind of situation though. Gather 10 people in a room and before you know it, one guy is quoting Mathew to prove a point and another is quoting Paul to disprove that point. Isn't it better to try and see the broad strokes? Avoiding the can't see the forest for the trees problem, in other words. Jesus rocked! A person doesn't even have to be the least bit religious to see that. He gave us a great philosophy for how to live our lives. What on earth is un-christian with someone ignoring the Bible and the Church and all the money and political trappings and trying his best to lead as life as Jesus prescribed?

2) Which one? Cutting down the number is a good thing, no? :)

Wow. Don't watch football much anymore (or TV for that matter) but Mentor OH and Moeller are playing a barn burner, with a record setting 900 yards and 48 to 38 score for the Ohio State Championship? Mentor is down....but driving. :cool:

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.

Ah, your question is less than complicated when one considers Christ was not a philosopher, but the Son of God. Since God loved His creation (sidetracked by THE fallen angel, and minions) the plan was Christ all along. Israel was told time and again, a Savior would come, but they looked for an earthly king to free them from Rome. God promised a new covenant with a bridge between man and Himself. Here's the key to most of it.....

Matt.5

[17] Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

What does this mean? How can we be under grace, while also following God's law?

Rom.2

[15] Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another.

Once a person is born again in The Spirit.....they follow the law naturally. Not with heavy heart, or burden, but with joy and willful adieu to the old ways. Keep in mind? It's difficult for the Christian to speak, without being somewhat evangelical. To avoid coming across as judgmental or "preachy" takes a wee bit of discernment and maturity.

Mentor loses....but what a fun game is was. :)

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I keep hearing this, but it's not applicable. Here's why....again:

Rom.8

[6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

1Cor.2

[14] But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

AMonger has proceeded without explaining why things are, in accordance to the Bible. You have so many different religions because those who are not born again in The Spirit.....cannot possibly discern what God says in scripture. Problem is, they try, while stumbling about, not understanding what the scriptures teach in regard to living.

I have even heard the ridiculous notion that homosexuals should be allowed to attend certain churches. That's where the verse "come out of her my people" comes from. It would be time to flee that church in haste. Here's why....

Rom.1

[26] For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
[27] And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Amonger fails to back his claim with the word of God itself. The above verses are very plain, not complicated at all. What some modern Christians fail to understand is; God will give a people over to whatever desire is burning in their hearts. You want to lay with other men? Fine, I'll give you over to that, but understand the consequence.

1Corinth 6

[9] Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
[10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

The problem with most of the world? It's not A God they hate or don't want to follow....it's THAT God they don't like. The one who actually commands a certain amount of obedience. In our progression :rolleyes: it's become very apparent we want a God who will "progress" with us. However, that ain't happenin.

And after all that sinning....10 minutes before death....Accept Jesus as your Saviour and you shall enter be forgiven and enter Heaven.....imagine that....

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
Wow. Don't watch football much anymore (or TV for that matter) but Mentor OH and Moeller are playing a barn burner, with a record setting 900 yards and 48 to 38 score for the Ohio State Championship? Mentor is down....but driving. :cool:

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.

Ah, your question is less than complicated when one considers Christ was not a philosopher, but the Son of God. Since God loved His creation (sidetracked by THE fallen angel, and minions) the plan was Christ all along. Israel was told time and again, a Savior would come, but they looked for an earthly king to free them from Rome. God promised a new covenant with a bridge between man and Himself. Here's the key to most of it.....

Matt.5

[17] Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

What does this mean? How can we be under grace, while also following God's law?

Rom.2

[15] Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another.

Once a person is born again in The Spirit.....they follow the law naturally. Not with heavy heart, or burden, but with joy and willful adieu to the old ways. Keep in mind? It's difficult for the Christian to speak, without being somewhat evangelical. To avoid coming across as judgmental or "preachy" takes a wee bit of discernment and maturity.

Mentor loses....but what a fun game is was. :)

I like your final paragraph - a lot. No, not the Mentor loses one-liner, that sucks. :) I can imagine how not sounding "preachy' can be a bugger. You don't btw! :)

Merry Christmas!

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
And after all that sinning....10 minutes before death....Accept Jesus as your Saviour and you shall enter be forgiven and enter Heaven.....imagine that....

OVM with the delivery. How's it going?

That might bring us to election of grace, or even Calvinism. Perhaps many have been saved right before death, but do we count on that?

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
I like your final paragraph - a lot. No, not the Mentor loses one-liner, that sucks. :) I can imagine how not sounding "preachy' can be a bugger. You don't btw! :)

Merry Christmas!

Be safe out there Mr Wandering, and thanks for the reply in kind.

Happy early New Year. :)

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I keep hearing this, but it's not applicable.

You keep hearing it because you have different religions and different interpretations. I am glad you have your specific religion but you are expecting everyone to have the same. Just not how it works as much as you would like it to.
If only one was right, then we would only have one religion. Don't see that happening any time soon.
But in light of the conversation on Christmas Eve, I do wish you a Merry Christmas.

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
You keep hearing it because you have different religions and different interpretations. I am glad you have your specific religion but you are expecting everyone to have the same. Just not how it works as much as you would like it to.
If only one was right, then we would only have one religion. Don't see that happening any time soon.
But in light of the conversation on Christmas Eve, I do wish you a Merry Christmas.

Thank you Dave.

Is this like the German and French troops who met each other between the trenches to celebrate xmas, purportedly; only to return to battle the next day?

If so, have a merry day, in whatever it is you do, and happiness
to you and yours. :D

Last edited:

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
It's true that we're unlikely to ever have just 1 religion, but that has no bearing on which is/are right.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
"Taking a break from the rush"? "Kick back" you say?
I have wrapped several dozen gifts today [and I am a ribbon wizard, lol] and have yet to assemble the 'party potato' casserole for brunch tomorrow.
I'm looking forward to getting back to work!
PS My sleeper is just drowning in glitter that didn't stick to the wrapping paper - pretty festive, lol. ;)

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
It's true that we're unlikely to ever have just 1 religion, but that has no bearing on which is/are right.

Yes, there will be one religion, and those who oppose it will be marginalized.

We have called a truce for the next few hours/day and may God grant you wisdom for future endeavors, while exposing truth to regard.

Let us be humble in Christ, while being true to the word as written? :cool:

Last edited: