Have a bucket handy

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
“Not everyone can accept this teaching, but only those to whom it is given. For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let anyone accept this who can.” (Matthew 19:11-12)

That's not about homosexuality. That's about remaining voluntarily celebate instead of marrying i.e. remaining single and celebate. That was also for the time period before 70AD, because of the coming persecution and eschaton.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
You are all making this way too hard. You're like rebellious children who struggle to find some loophole to extend bedtime.

God's plan for human sexuality is quite simple: one man marries one woman; they have no sexual relations with anyone before marriage, and no sexual relations with anyone else after their marriage.

I realize this isn't as fun, and humans don't do a good job of abiding by it. But surely you can see that the farther we stray from it, the worse things get!

When I was young, there was and always had been premarital, extramarital, and homosexual sex, but nothing like on the scale we see today. It wasn't a given that a couple would have sex before marriage, and sodomites kept their perversion to themselves. And back then, 1/3 of adults didn't have herpes, we didn't have problems with antibiotic-resistant STDs, and we didn't have a global AIDS problem. When will you learn?

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Kinda like what I've said about homosexuality; if sodomites kept their private lives private, it wouldn't be an issue.

I don't know if you've said that. I've not seen it if you have. What I have seen is you say Homosexuality is Sodomy and Homosexuals are Sodomites. Whether the behavior is made public or not, Sin is Sin. Either way they are Sodomites. Correct?

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
You are all making this way too hard. You're like rebellious children who struggle to find some loophole to extend bedtime.

God's plan for human sexuality is quite simple: one man marries one woman; they have no sexual relations with anyone before marriage, and no sexual relations with anyone else after their marriage.

I realize this isn't as fun, and humans don't do a good job of avoiding by it. But surely you can see that the farther we stray from it, the worse things get! When I was young, there was and always had been premarital, extramarital, and homosexual sex, but nothing like on the scale we see today. It wasn't a given that a couple would have sex before marriage, and sodomites kept their perversion to themselves. And back then, 1/3 of adults didn't have herpes, we didn't have problems with antibiotic-resistant STDs, and we didn't have a global AIDS problem. When will you learn?

Arrogance is underrated. :)

Just speaking for myself, maybe I misunderstood the title of this thread. Is the bucket so we can exercise a little humility and wash feet?

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I don't know if you've said that. I've not seen it if you have. What I have seen is you say Homosexuality is Sodomy and Homosexuals are Sodomites. Whether the behavior is made public or not, Sin is Sin. Either way they are Sodomites. Correct?

I've said it several times among the various threads that come up on this subject.

Yes, sin is sin. Many things are sins, but libertarians don't kick down people's doors to check on their private lives. I have advocated this stance all along.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
For many who are religious, I think they go with "God loves ALL of his children".
In this thread I believe fear and ignorance breeds intolerance.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Arrogance is underrated. :)

Just speaking for myself, maybe I misunderstood the title of this thread. Is the bucket so we can exercise a little humility and wash feet?

View the video and you'll know what the bucket is for, unless there's something wrong with you.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
For many who are religious, I think they go with "God loves ALL of his children".
In this thread I believe fear and ignorance breeds intolerance.

Not everyone is a child of God.

"To them that received Him have He the power to become sons of God."

The rest are of their father, the devil. So says scripture.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
h2DB92027

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
That's not about homosexuality. That's about remaining voluntarily celebate instead of marrying i.e. remaining single and celebate. That was also for the time period before 70AD, because of the coming persecution and eschaton.

They didn't have the term homosexual in the days of Christ,so what could "been born" mean?

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
And that advice would be wrong and not based on anything other than your opinion which you are entitled to have. That is much different than whether it is right or not.
You and Turtle are standing in front of two terraria. In each is a priceless diamond and a snake. They've identical, except one snake is harmless and the other snake is highly venomous. And myotoxic, so if it bites you, its venom pre-digests your muscle tissue while you're still alive, so not only will you die, you'll suffer for a few hours on the way out.
So Turtle turns to you and says, "Which one should I pick, Dave?"
And you say, "I don't know. Maybe you should leave them both alone."
What should a hermaphrodite do if we don't know the answer? Maybe buy him or her some Vaseline and tell him or her to leave both of them alone. Unless you hate him or her, then you might decide to pick an opinion and say to go ahead.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter

Why do people read the Bible? So they can cherry pick and justify how they think and feel? Why do people "belong" to one church or another?

Trying to follow the Golden Rule and remembering that "there, but for the grace of God, go you" is enough for most of us.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
You and Turtle are standing in front of two terraria. In each is a priceless diamond and a snake. They've identical, except one snake is harmless and the other snake is highly venomous. And myotoxic, so if it bites you, its venom pre-digests your muscle tissue while you're still alive, so not only will you die, you'll suffer for a few hours on the way out.
So Turtle turns to you and says, "Which one should I pick, Dave?"
And you say, "I don't know. Maybe you should leave them both alone."
What should a hermaphrodite do if we don't know the answer? Maybe buy him or her some Vaseline and tell him or her to leave both of them alone. Unless you hate him or her, then you might decide to pick an opinion and say to go ahead.

Right there is your problem with all of this by your own admission. "You don't know".
If you don't know exactly how this relates to a hermaphrodite, then you wouldn't know with certainty about any of the rest of it.
That is why I said you can't validate your argument.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
They didn't have the term homosexual in the days of Christ,so what could "been born" mean?

I don't know that they did or that they didn't. They did have the term sodomite, and they used the term effeminate.

Regardless, it doesn't deal with homosexual perversion directly, but it does say what I've said here: God said a man and a woman marry; no sex before or after with anyone else. Don't bother with loopholes.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Not everyone is a child of God.

"To them that received Him have He the power to become sons of God."

The rest are of their father, the devil. So says scripture.

Sure they are. Don't think you understand your own quote. "He the power to become sons of God".
Soo.....based on that, are we to assume with your thinking that women are to be thrown in "the lake of fire" since he is only referring to sons. Me thinks that means something quite different.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Why do people read the Bible? So they can cherry pick and justify how they think and feel? Why do people "belong" to one church or another?

Trying to follow the Golden Rule and remembering that "there, but for the grace of God, go you" is enough for most of us.

Does that tell you to worship Christ? Does it tell you to love God AND HATE SIN? Does it get your sins forgiven? Lots of "good people" in Hell who followed the Golden Rule.

Take that path if you want. You'll find it's not enough.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Right there is your problem with all of this by your own admission. "You don't know".
If you don't know exactly how this relates to a hermaphrodite, then you wouldn't know with certainty about any of the rest of it.
That is why I said you can't validate your argument.
Yet, there you are, in front of those terraria. What's your choice? If you don't know, which choice would be foolish?

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Sure they are. Don't think you understand your own quote. "He the power to become sons of God".
Soo.....based on that, are we to assume with your thinking that women are to be thrown in "the lake of fire" since he is only referring to sons. Me thinks that means something quite different.

Now you're being foolish. Intentionally, I hope. We both know that back then, gender roles were spoken of far less precisely than now, and we still say things like "man" to refer to all humans yet today.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Now you're being foolish. Intentionally, I hope. We both know that back then, gender roles were spoken of far less precisely than now, and we still say things like "man" to refer to all humans yet today.

There you go. That is why no one really knows what it meant. Many interpretations can have one to arrive at many different conclusions. That is why you have so many different religions.