hard times

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Some companies play favorites. Plain and simple. I have a friend who drives for panther (they are a team) who are never offered anything under 800 miles. They pulled into Spartanburg SC and ran into a fellow panther (solo) driver who had been sitting there for 8 days without a load and within 4 hours they were loaded up on a load going to Texas. That's just how the ball bounces sometimes.

There are Panther drivers out there sitting around in parking lots for days at a time while I personally know of others who are kept in money-making loops. They get a load from Chicago to South Carolina, then another from South Carolina to Texas, then a load from Texas to Wisconsin. Then they deadhead right back to Chicago and are loaded again on their way back to South Carolina while others are sitting for days trying to get the very same loads.

I had the same problem as a driver for the cat. Every time I would go to Chicago I would get inundated with mini airport loads and loads going from Chicago to Mossville with 100% deadhead back to Chicgao, only to be offered the same load again. While I was running all these loads trying to keep my acceptance rate up, others were turning everything down and getting all the good runs. This IMHO is not fair.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

There was a time that I too thought Panther played favorites until I spent 8 hours sitting up in dispatch. Dispatchers for the most part do not have time to look for their buddy. First of all the csr puts the first truck on the load they take it from the top of the list then if that driver turns the load down it goes to dispatch. They will do the same thing take the first truck in line unless the top driver has a real bad acceptance rate and time is critical because they don’t have the time to bargain. As far as the driver sitting for 8 days and the “team” getting right out there is your answer [team] that load must have been a straight through load so the solo driver couldn’t take it.

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
I'm agree with moving but sometimes you just don't have where...For example my ST is sitting in Charlotte NC with no load offer in 2 and a half days...It is just no other board around where to go...

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Steve, I am talking relocation and move on your own. We also decide when we accept a load where we will layover. If though for some reason our layover is dead before we move on our own we call in for a relocate load. If the relocate load offered is going to an area (which we all know) and we do not want to go there we then move on our own to an express center we want. First though we will try to get paid to move and really this often works.

This past year express centers that usually treated us very well have sometimes been dead and we have had to use the above options.

Last edited:

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
What I am saying,when I accept the load,incase the layover might not be to my satisfaction,the load paid me enough to go where I want,not planning,but incase they do send me where I had hoped,the extra money for the dead head move is gravy.I have done relocation moves,but they have been few and far between.you have to remember,being in an E unit is much different than a straight truck as there arent near as many of us,much less competition.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm agree with moving but sometimes you just don't have where...For example my ST is sitting in Charlotte NC with no load offer in 2 and a half days...It is just no other board around where to go...

If your a straight truck I would have went to Durham NC If a A Tractor I would have went to Richmond VA center.

Good for a Dry Box or Reefer.

:)

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
IceMarvRoadKevTrucker, have you heard about the new Time Tunnel web browser? I think that you're...

Never mind, House just came on.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
IceMarvRoadKevTrucker, have you heard about the new Time Tunnel web browser? I think that you're...

Never mind, House just came on.

Welcom highwaystar now make sure u eat all your potatoes chips and candy bars. Before u go to bed go weigh your self and check ur blood Pressure.
wouldnt want ya to pass out walking to the kitchen .

by the way if U need me Ill be Working out and doing my nightly Run of 4-5 miles.
have a nice day.

PS Spinich and Peas are good for U so are Raisens and Dates. So is V8 Juice.
:p

Last edited:

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
"She stole that kiss from Chase, what've you been doing?"

I really like House. He's got a cool bike.

O.K. So, you've edited again. You haven't explained what Uncle Sam is doing about dispatch favoritism.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Scuba brought up the Dispatch thing, I quoted his lines of which he said if you read fruther u would have caught that. then he himself said there was none. Did U read or half read? Or is it U read and Couldnt comprehend what was written??? which one is it??? THat is what I thought. Now say your sorry and Ill forgive you this one time.
There isnt no dispatch favortism.

But what they are doing is getting rid of the out of shape Medidcaly Unfit Drivers do U fit that catagory????
Yes I Eddited and I said as before There is no Dispatch favortism I didnt bring that crap up But some one like U would try the unjust and acuse me of it as usual. Read what Scuba wrote
I think You got too much HOUSE on the Brain ;-)
maybe u need some ginkobilboa to get your memorie going.

Last edited:

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, the Mods should lock this, but I just have to point out that you quoted a thread about favoritism. Was it dispatch favoritism, or Snickers favoritism? To those that wonder why I keep jumping back in... I really don't have anything better to do right now.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I dont believe the mods need to lock nothing as this started out as hard times and how you have to change your tatics out here running.

The only difference between me and Nightcreature is this what he is doing now I have had to do every since I have been out here. Since this Crunch Recession If you will times have gotten tougher. The only difference is I have changed my tatics as much when fuel was high It about killed me to move. Fuel is low so I am more able to DH to get them loads. I will DH 200 to 300 miles to agood area to get a load. When Fuel was 4.50 and 5.00 Ouch I couldnt Id sit and ROT.

Now I dont care My tatics have changed, I do keep my foot out the throttle to save monie. No I dont pay for the Fuel or the Tolls but I have to have money to get Repairs as well as Fuel and Tolls. HINT.

Now as far as the rest of this The New Rules on Medical Im for it.
What will it do for the Little guy well Thin the Ranks means more work available. It also means it will put a hurt on the Sugar Daddies in other words the Tractor Trailer Teams.
To be quite frank about this most of them are man and wife Teams and thats the critera many go by as a 70-30 splibs Well there realy isnt alot of man and wife teams that will driver Tractor trailers. The ones that are here either got there own or are driving for some one and been there for years and alot of them wont meet the New Medical Regs maybe one will and the other wont. Thus If you still reading will force one of the members out of the Picture. Or Possibly both. If thats the case it opens new doors for others out here. If you sit back and see it could possibley have a snow ball effect. Maybe bad for some but good for others but this depends on which side of the fence your on.
Now what this got to do with Hard times.
The whole time in the service they said change is good.
Stand by as Change is being put into effect.
We seen how we had to change our ways with fuel prices on how we ran. We see it now with how the Ecnonomy is now in a slump and how we do business, and for some We see it when move to get a load to make money vice sitting while the price of fuel is going down or should I say Low.
Now by 2012 New Med Regs Certain Docs for Dots Physicals and on list. ECT ECT ECT. I dont think they will tell us when or where were going eat or Use the Rest room but for the most part We got Qual COMS ect ect ect ect. ITs going to be quite interesting The Govt is in control and as it seems always will be. I was told you cant fight city Hall by somebody well You sure cant fight the GOVT you will loose one way or another.

Then again they put a system in place to keep it fare right.:)

Packmule

Expert Expediter
TIME OUT!!!!

My IRT decoder ring quit working on that one. Started smoking and then Blue screen!!!

Moot could you help me out here????

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
TIME OUT!!!!

My IRT decoder ring quit working on that one. Started smoking and then Blue screen!!!

Moot could you help me out here????

How about read the thread see scuba section then cypher.
Good Grief somebody call Lucy as I think Charley last hair fell out.

Packmule

Expert Expediter
Just stay tuned......More details at 11:00!!!

I must replace my IRT decoder ring!!!
No matter how many Cracker Jacks I have to eat!!

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm just waiting to see how alien abduction and orthopedic shoes fit into this.

Well thats a good question Tennesseahawk, but Dibetics special shoes and sockes they have to wear isnt what this thread is about or alien abduction, nor was it about dispatchers.

This thread was about hard times and running out here.

Its about the way things are now vice to the way they were for some. But then again for others nothing realy has changed with the exception of the price of fuel, and the economy which is in the toilet.

The truth is its a dog eat dog out here. That just the way it is. For some the way it has been.

That about tell it like it is. See the pot stirers on here. HG

I got a good Friend his name is Charlie Hunt he is in Nashville TN Express center at the TA in Antioch TN he is driving a C Surface Truck and he realy needs to get moving. If there are any angels here can u help him get moving. Thanks ahead of time and God Bless ya for it.

Last edited:

dodgeboy

Seasoned Expediter
Some companies play favorites. Plain
There was a time that I too thought Panther played favorites until I spent 8 hours sitting up in dispatch. Dispatchers for the most part do not have time to look for their buddy. First of all the csr puts the first truck on the load they take it from the top of the list then if that driver turns the load down it goes to dispatch. They will do the same thing take the first truck in line unless the top driver has a real bad acceptance rate and time is critical because they don’t have the time to bargain. As far as the driver sitting for 8 days and the “team” getting right out there is your answer [team] that load must have been a straight through load so the solo driver couldn’t take it.

So when my friend was deadheading from a remote location to another and asked the dispatcher how may trucks were on the board and they answered "nine!" Then he said he's gonna go home bacause he does not want to wait on that board and they respond back with "hey we got a load that picks up in the morning 600 mile run "that a solo could have taken" and they gave him that load over 9 drivers who have been waiting on that board "it is a team load!" Your logic is flawed.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Well thats a good question Tennesseahawk, but Dibetics special shoes and sockes they have to wear isnt what this thread is about or alien abduction, nor was it about dispatchers.

This thread was about hard times and running out here.

Its about the way things are now vice to the way they were for some. But then again for others nothing realy has changed with the exception of the price of fuel, and the economy which is in the toilet.

The truth is its a dog eat dog out here. That just the way it is. For some the way it has been.

That about tell it like it is.

I got a good Friend his name is Charlie Hunt he is in Nashville TN Express center at the TA in Antioch TN he is driving a C Surface Truck and he realy needs to get moving. If there are any angels here can u help him get moving. Thanks ahead of time and God Bless ya for it.

Maybe those aren't angels Charlie needs, but an alien abduction. That'll definitely get him moving!

Yes, it is dog-eat-dog out there; and I'm wearing Milk Bone underwear.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Just stay tuned......More details at 11:00!!!

I must replace my IRT decoder ring!!!
No matter how many Cracker Jacks I have to eat!!

Hey packmule U can throw it away U wont need it.

Nothing to decode. On second thought U may need it if you watch The sitcoms like somebody else on here

HOUSE ect ect ect ect. ROTFLMAO ok

Have fun this weekend, Sunday is a wonderful day and go gets ya some fresh air go for a brisk walk or jog if your up to it. Leave the coffee alone drink some Juice, U feel better.

You might find OAT MEAL for Breakfeast is filling and good for ya.

Have a nice day and by the way. Lay off the caffeene it tends to give one gray hair. HG