happy july.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got Trash?

I was pretty steamed this morning as the trash man left most of my trash bags with a note "5 bag max, thank you". WTH with two more trash pick ups left, 5 bags a week is not going to cut it. After planning on calling them up on Monday to see what my options are, I came up with a better solution that I had not considered. I'm only 8 miles from the county dump, looks like for around $20 a trip problem is solved. More convenient with less hassle, and I don't mind doing it :)

Side not, last night just before midnight my fire alarm goes off :eek:
Which as I now know will also set off all my sirens. Definitely loud enough to wake the dead.
No fire or smoke present, just confusion and panic. Checking with alarm company to see what happened. Just glad I was home, otherwise, fire department would have had to be dispatched :(

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Got Trash?

I was pretty steamed this morning as the trash man left most of my trash bags with a note "5 bag max, thank you". WTH with two more trash pick ups left, 5 bags a week is not going to cut it.
Tell them it's all trash from Ontario. They'll come get it.

After planning on calling them up on Monday to see what my options are, I came up with a better solution that I had not considered. I'm only 8 miles from the county dump, looks like for around $20 a trip problem is solved. More convenient with less hassle, and I don't mind doing it :)
Last time I moved we threw away a lot of stuff. I loaded up the van and took it to the city dump (technically, a transfer Station, because it goes from there to a landfill somewhere far, far away (probably Michigan)). They weighed me going in and then coming out. It costs $45.75 per ton. The supervisor at the city dump is a man named Phillip Morris. He doesn't smoke.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Tell them it's all trash from Ontario. They'll come get it.

Last time I moved we threw away a lot of stuff. I loaded up the van and took it to the city dump (technically, a transfer Station, because it goes from there to a landfill somewhere far, far away (probably Michigan)). They weighed me going in and then coming out. It costs $45.75 per ton. The supervisor at the city dump is a man named Phillip Morris. He doesn't smoke.

I would not mind if they weighed me, most of the stuff is more bulky then heavy. They list prices per vehicle size, so will see what happens :rolleyes:

--Took a break today (yeah right) to do some yard work. Came back inside to find my 2nd cup of coffee still sitting in the Keurig, I knew something seemed off today :p

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Ohhhh what a long day with 90 relatives of which 24 I knew LOL. Time to clean up and get my house put back together.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Qualcomm connection to out software is down. ISP issue. Might be down for a bit.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
fleet vision down this morning or is it just me ?

Problem with some major ISP on connecting. Office is up and running yet qcomm feed is down. You must be on the problem ISP.

Last edited: