happy july.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry to hear about your dad Guido, thoughts and prayers out to you and all who were touched by this loss.

guido4475

Not a Member
Dave,

Those of us that have lost their Dad understand what you are going through. You'll have good days and bad days. He'll be with you always. I came across this poem some years after he passed. I carried a copy with me for the longest time along with his drivers license. Now, it sits framed on my dresser. I still carry his license. I think of it as my shield. Hope this helps you, and if you need anything, call.

Welcome Home

To those I love and those who love me
When I am gone, release me,
let me go I have so many things to see and do.
You mustn't tie yourself to me with tears,
Be happy that we had so many years.
I gave you my love, you can only guess
How much you gave to me in happiness.
I thank you for the love you each have shown,
But now it's time I traveled on alone.
So grieve a while for me, if grieve you must,
Then let your grief be comforted by trust.
It's only for a while that we must part
So bless the memories within your heart.
I won't be far away, for life goes
For if you need me, call and I will come.
Though you can't see or touch me, I'll be near,
And if you listen with your heart,
you'll hear All of my love around you soft and clear.
And then, when you must come this way alone,
I'll greet you with a smile and "Welcome Home"

Author Unknown

After some serious thought on the way home, I am going to do exactly what you have done. Thank you for the inspiring idea.

guido4475

Not a Member
As I drove by the Wilmington exit on my way home earlier today, I couldn't get over the amount of Load One vehicles still at the Convention center....and thought how cool it is that a bunch of drivers can be that closely knitted to keep things going on their own like that, enjoying each other's company. Awesome.

fr8hlr521

Active Expediter
So sorry for your loss, Guido...we know firsthand how hard that is. Hang in there and know that you have a great extended family sending warm thoughts and prayers your way.

Sent from my LG-E980 using EO Forums mobile app

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Well it's officially harvest time...the harvesters should be rolling in this week. Time to harvest my garden too and the grandkids will be arriving early in August. :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
As I drove by the Wilmington exit on my way home earlier today, I couldn't get over the amount of Load One vehicles still at the Convention center....and thought how cool it is that a bunch of drivers can be that closely knitted to keep things going on their own like that, enjoying each other's company. Awesome.

they were probably still argueing over the fuel mileage of a Promaster....LOL

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
After a 2.5 year stint with us we are saying goodbye to our Straight Truck driver Tom, who has decided its time to enjoy his retirement. We sincerely wish him a long and happy retirement and thank him for his dedication to our team :)

Ad is on classified if anyone is interested :D

1expeditor

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good morning.

With all of this talk of Load One being one big caring family, it is so true. What an awesome group of people we have here. From the drivers to everyone in between. No other company can compare or even come close to this.

On a less happy note, My Dad passed away last night. He was 85. I am glad he went peacefully and quickly. He lived a great and happy life, and those who remember our 6 person phone conference call conversations as we were all driving, talking with him into the late hours of the night remember what a trip he was..He will be greatly missed, but I know he is in a better place right now.

Guido my prayers are with you and your family May God Bless your dad may
he rest in peace..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So do I...lol..anotger Sprinter being pushed by another power unit while in limp mode...lol..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

really wanna go there? LOL they thought they needed it to extract a cube van driver from his seat.......hehehehe