Hamburgers and Crab Legs...

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Upon hearing that Obama and Biden took the motorcaid for a jaunt to Arlington for burgers, I wasn't outraged. I think that any time a president has the chance to be "civilianized", it's a good thing. Not even pizzed that it's coming out of our pocket (as usual, these days), as that money is allotted for the president to use.

In fact, I find it humorous that Obama has decided to forgo his culinary delicacy in the WH to dine on what my family now conciders a delicacy.

This is not intended to be an Obamabash, by any means. I'm not one of those idiots who constantly jump on a president for taking a vacation, going shopping for a photoshoot, whatever. A president is supposed to be one of us, is he not? Being civilianized is more of a photo op than of doing it just for the fact of doing it, IMO. But when is the last time you've heard of a president ask a vice-president to join him for a Big Mac? Do you think this was a tactic to make guys like me think "Hey, this guy is human, too!"? Maybe. But I never claimed Obama wasn't human. I just disagree with his politics.

Same with his dog fiasco. I know he pledged to get a "rescued" dog. He didn't; and they spun it to make it look like he had. I don't give a rat's arse why he got that particular dog, or whatever. Just don't live your legacy jockying to improve your poll numbers. Clinton did that.

The Statue of Liberty thing also. If you did it, ADMIT IT! For crying out loud, the world isn't going to end if you admit you made a bad call! Your fans will love you regardless! In fact, the dumber Clinton got, the "greater" a president he became.

So now you're probably wondering what's all this got to do with crab legs. Well... my kids (6 and 2) both LOVE crab legs. To see their eyes while they're eating a REAL delicacy is something every parent should relate to. Logan, my 2 yr old, would down a whole leg - finishing what he had on his plate before I could pull more out of the shell. I told my wife I love giving them the 'taste' of success, and hope they never lose it.

What bothers me is that they won't have another crab leg for a long time, by my guess. Just the occasional hamburger. That's one thing I DO blame Obama for... along with Bush, Greenspan, Pelosi, Reid, Frank, Dodd, Clinton, Schumer, and a bunch more. History taught you what to do in this situation, and you ignored history's lesson. Obama preaches "SPEND! SPEND! SPEND!" when history tells us "SAVE! SAVE! SAVE!" Frankly, I don't have anything to spend. And it's certainly not going to go towards crab legs! I can't afford it, Obama. And this country can't afford you.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
barrys visit to that hambuger joint was nothing but his "continuing" campaigning..... He felt the need to "one up" the RNC... some of the leaders of the RNC held get together with some general public locals in DC at a PIZZA place to gather info and their opinions on whats needed to get the votes for the next election cycle...they said "they went to where the american familes went", americans eat alot of pizza....

So barry felt the need to go out and compain somemore and he figured that nothing is more American' the Hambugers...you can bet he will be eating his kobe beef tonight..........and michelle will still be payin $540 for her "tennis shoes"............:D

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
The Statue of Liberty thing also. If you did it, ADMIT IT! For crying out loud, the world isn't going to end if you admit you made a bad call!

How many *&@# pictures of Airforce One and the Statue of Liberty are there? Someone hasn't heard of PhotoShop. Just think of the money they could have saved!

Obama preaches "SPEND! SPEND! SPEND!" when history tells us "SAVE! SAVE! SAVE!" Frankly, I don't have anything to spend. And it's certainly not going to go towards crab legs! I can't afford it, Obama. And this country can't afford you.
I agree!!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Give a man a crab leg and he will eat for one day. Teach a man to catch his own crabs and he will eat them whenever he wants....

If I lived in such a place, I would! I was turned onto crab legs only in the last few years. My mouth waters every time I pass the crab legs at Meijer!!!:p

BTW... nice use of a conservative quote! I'd like to hear your ideals sometime. You're not a 'kool-aid' liberal, that's for sure. ;)