GVW of a FORD E350

idtrans

Expert Expediter
say what you want at the end of the day I am not the one sitting at a walmart parking lot or the pilot scratching myself wondering why I don't have a load ok.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
So what do you gain by going that fast, anyway?I'm just curious.

The satisfaction of being the brunt of all jokes here on EO for a while.:p

I agree with the "17 years old" remark above. A little boy playing with big mans toys making our highways unsafe when he's out there.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
well I have over 700k miles in a semi with no accidents or claims or tickets. And the truck I drove was far from a company truck and as far as being unsafe no your correct I am very safe there is time and place for me to open the truck up and get miles out of the way .

Like I said when I see packs of guys sitting waiting I am just passing through, Heck other day in nashville there was a huge pack of expeditors sitting all over the pilot I stopped just to get coffee and a hot dog and kept moving Dudes get off your butts and call around other companies if they are sitting you like that. Great freight moved slow or fast keep the wheels turning!

BTW when the weather is bad I drive very careful and if its too bad I park it I am not getting killed or hurting anyone for some stupid freight !

The satisfaction of being the brunt of all jokes here on EO for a while.:p

I agree with the "17 years old" remark above. A little boy playing with big mans toys making our highways unsafe when he's out there.

guido4475

Not a Member
Yea, please tell me where you are going to be driving, so I can get the heck out of the way.No need for that kind of stupidity out here,alone or in traffic.

Anyone aware that the computer /ecm on a Ford Econoline/Excursion equipped with a diesel is preset to California emissions settings from Ford? My freind took his 03 7.3 E-350 to Bob Hewlitt in Buford, Ga (Powerstroke Specialties) and found this out, had the ecm flashed with the new codes/information,and it runs 300% better and stronger now than before.Mileage has increased, but no numbers are available as of yet. But he is ranting and raving on how much better it runs now. He wont shut up about it..lol.Mine will be next to go there.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
BTW when the weather is bad I drive very careful and if its too bad I park it I am not getting killed or hurting anyone for some stupid freight !

Says it all right there . Careful driver in bad weather . Normally I won't point out grammatical or spelling errors but the ones here and in other posts further indicate likely less than average intelligence.
I really doubt extra speed really gets more loads . Running solo loads will be under 500 miles . Not all miles will be driven over 70 m.p.h. so the time gained will probably be 45 minutes or less . Fuel tanks aren't that big so how much time is lost fueling more often and how man "extra " miles are driven to pa the higher fuel cost from getting lower mpg ?
The claimed 18 mpg running 85 m.p.h. and expecting over 25 m.p.g. with mods is from Fantasyland . You'll never see 18 mpg running over the speed limit .

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
Running fast and hard in a van is just a waste of money. Fuel is an expense that we are able to partially control. I used to do a Thunderbay run and regularly made $140 more than another guy with the same van. He drove up the highway doing 75+ while I kept my speed 65 and under (cruising). I went further on a tank and fueled less times. At a cost up there of over $4.50 a gallon it was better to buy less if possible. BTW we both did the run in 15.5 hrs.
Why waste something that is one of our largest expenses?
Rob