Guido and His Van

guido4475

Not a Member
You both are reading my mind on the seat and train horns.I miss the train horns alot,like on my s/t, and never let them go at a r/r crossing as a joke to freind...no further comment..lol.

The problem with the seat is that the seat belt mechanism where it goes into the harness on the side of the seat has a sensor in it that has a harness under the seat that goes into a harness that tells the airbags it is plugged in. To make a long story short, if the seat belt isnt used, then the airbags do not work on a Ford product. This came from my Ford certified freind.So I am stuck with the factory seat, unless there is a different way to use an aftermarket seat.I bought a pair of newer seats from a Ford van, and even they are different from an 03 model, which are for sale in the classifieds here.But really, the van rides surprisingly comfortable the way it is.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Interesting article on the Green Tea. I'm on (somewhat) of a diet. I drink a lot of diet pop becase I like the caffeene and I lost 20 lbs since I quit drinking regular pop however, at this time my weight is at a stalemate. The other issue is that food seems to be one of my weaknesses. I'm not really much of a coffee drinker either so I'm going to have to find something that works for me.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Ford makes a "kit" for cutaways that become RVs that will fix that problem. I don't have the list of kits with me but will see if I can find a part number.

guido4475

Not a Member
Interesting article on the Green Tea. I'm on (somewhat) of a diet. I drink a lot of diet pop becase I like the caffeene and I lost 20 lbs since I quit drinking regular pop however, at this time my weight is at a stalemate. The other issue is that food seems to be one of my weaknesses. I'm not really much of a coffee drinker either so I'm going to have to find something that works for me.

Try the Truckers Nutritionals (Hammer Down)sold at the Petro and some T/A's. I used it years ago, and it does work, and you will notice a difference in enrgy and quantity control.I went back on it this Saturday, and have noticed an immediate reduction in how much I eat at one time.I have to lose weight, I feel the consequences of being overweight now, at the ripe age of 44.But this stuff does work, I know that from experience, and it is all natural.

guido4475

Not a Member
Ford makes a "kit" for cutaways that become RVs that will fix that problem. I don't have the list of kits with me but will see if I can find a part number.

I'd appreciate that, because the seats I bought are beautiful, and I hate to see them go. The only problem is, they are tan in color, while the interior is light gray.

guido4475

Not a Member
So much for a low profile, right? I just wish Phil would of asked my permission to post these pics, kind of like a courtesy thing? Wait till I see his truck somewhere, the same thing may happen to him...lol.

The expo may not happen this year for me, due to the last 2 weeks I had out here.Have to try and make it up, somehow.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Guido... dude ... man ... got to tell you something ... we already know what his truck looks like and even know where every fastener was made that has been used on the truck, even know what shift they were made on ... We know who the guy is who painted the machine that shaped the frame that is on his truck ... so it wouldn't matter ... sigh ... we already know ...

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Guido... dude ... man ... got to tell you something ... we already know what his truck looks like and even know where every fastener was made that has been used on the truck, even know what shift they were made on ... We know who the guy is who painted the machine that shaped the frame that is on his truck ... so it wouldn't matter ... sigh ... we already know ...

I take it Greg didn't enjoy the novel Moby Dick.

eb