Guido and His Van

ATeam

Retired Expediter
So, I'm walking across the lot at the Amarillo, Texas, TA on Wednesday and I see this bumper sticker....

guido01-600.jpg

On this van ....

guido02_600.jpg

Occupied by this driver ....

guido03_600.jpg

Who gives a friendly wave.

guido04_600.jpg

We had no time to talk as Diane and I were on a cross-country run. Guido, I would love to hear more about the air-ride suspension on your van. The van had a unique stance (unique to me at least). It looked good. I know nothing about vans. What's the deal with air ride on a van?

guido4475

Not a Member
Guido, Where can the FROG decal be found??

I found that sticker at the Frog City Truckstop in Miss, I think.

So much for me keeping a low profile..lol.

I sure hope this diet works that I have started, because seeing a picture of myself now, I see where I resemble a blowfish...lol.And just think, Years ago I used to runtrack and work out and wear a size 28 waist jeans...

The air-ride, made by Air-Lift company out of Michigan,took away the sway and rough ride often known as a common problem with vans. It is adjustable from an optional on-board compressor inside the van, and uses air bags similar to that of what is found on straight trucks,mounted between the frame and rear axle.I highly recommend it to any van owner, Cost was $430.00 for the entire kit,From Summitt Racing out of Tallmadge, Ohio, for the load leveler 5000 and the optional compressor.It took about half a day to install myself.

guido4475

Not a Member
So Guido, you didn't remove the leaf springs?

Nope. The only thing you do to the van is remove the rubber bumper that mounts to the frame rail that goes btween that and the axle.The air bags mount to a bracket that mounts to the frame, using factory drilled holes, and the air bag mounts to the bracket and to the axle using another bracket for that. real sweet setup.hoses and wires are pre-wired and cut, so all you have to do is plug in those to each other. It cant get any easier.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Oh, I see that you already describe them, Air-Lift. They are good to have.

There is a conversion out there for Vans and Sprinters that take the leaf spring completely out of the picture by the way.

I think these oranges are affecting my vision.

guido4475

Not a Member
Fruit is a good thing to eat, I am trying to eat more of it myself, to change my unhealthy ways little by little..The only problem in doing this, is that my girlfreind is one awesome cook, and it is hard to say no to her cooking.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well I can't have oranges, or fruit with sugar in it. It s*cks.

Just eat smaller portions, get smaller bowls and plates and only take one helping.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Fruit is a good thing to eat, I am trying to eat more of it myself, to change my unhealthy ways little by little..The only problem in doing this, is that my girlfreind is one awesome cook, and it is hard to say no to her cooking.

Allow me to recommend the Green Tea Diet which is discussed here on EO. The good news with this diet is that you can eat whatever you want, whenever you want and as much as you want; as long as you drink a cup of green tea before you eat. There is a little more to it. Click the link for details. This diet works. I will likely buy new belts by year-end as I am running out of holes on the old ones.

guido4475

Not a Member
Allow me to recommend the Green Tea Diet which is discussed here on EO. The good news with this diet is that you can eat whatever you want, whenever you want and as much as you want; as long as you drink a cup of green tea before you eat. There is a little more to it. Click the link for details. This diet works. I will likely buy new belts by year-end as I am running out of holes on the old ones.

What does it taste like? I,unfortunately,am an extremly picky eater. If I dont like the way it smells or tastes,I aint going to eat or drink it.I dont drink coffee or tea, either.So this may be a problem..lol.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
What does it taste like? I,unfortunately,am an extremly picky eater. If I dont like the way it smells or tastes,I aint going to eat or drink it.I dont drink coffee or tea, either.So this may be a problem..lol.

Guido...try Nutrisystem...it all tastes like c**p so you will not eat as much and the pounds melt off! :p

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I drink a fair amount of regular Tea. Straight, & find Green Tea pretty bland.

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
I have a couple of bottles of Truckers Nutritionals sold at the Petro that I have had for awile...So, I am using that.It worked in the past, so I just have to stick with it.

ATeam

Retired Expediter

I guess it comes down to what matters to you most.

I did not like green tea when I first started drinking it but I drank it anyway because I wanted the result. In time, the tea became an acquired taste and I now enjoy the drink. See also this about the brain work involved.

Think about it. Your brain tells you when you are hungry. Your brain tells you when you are full. Your brain tells you how overweight it is OK or not OK to be, when to start eating, when to stop, etc. Your brain is telling you right now that you are a picky eater.

The brain is a willing servant if you take charge of it. It takes some time to unlearn old thought patterns and establish new ones but it can be done. I came to like green tea by intentionally ignoring the voice that said I don't like green tea. Instead of not drinking it, I drank it and told myself (my brain) green tea is good. In time, the tea became an acquired taste.

I did not like green tea but came to like it because I disliked being fat more. Putting it in more positive terms, my desiere for a healthy body outweighed my dislike for green tea.

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Just as a reminder, tea, green or otherwise can be hard on the kidneys. If you have had problems like kidney stones or other kidney issues, don't drink too much or at all. I know some 'nurses' may not agree but some urologist make that recommendation.

Also there are other factors involved with tea. A lot of people can't drink more than 2 cups a day without feeling like crap.

I think this is one step that helps but portion control is the biggest hurdle to jump.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Guido, you've got the air compressor, now it's time for a low profile air ride seat.