Greatest City to visit?

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Gosh Great question... Page Az is the most scenic by far, canyons and Lake Powell are the greatest! Vegas was awesome! if you go try to see some shows we saw Zoomanity (Cirque) I have never had so much fun. Cincinatti is fantastic if you are a ball fan the Great American Ballpark is one of the nicest I have seen and if you go during the Oct Fest you can forget about everything for a couple days w/a slim budget. Love Chicago (not in a truck) but Navel Pier the zoo and Wrigley field make for a fun day. Niagra Falls is not that hard to get to with a straight truck or a bobtail enjoyed the views from America but heard they were better on the Canadian side. St Augustine Florida is rich in history and alot of neat places to visit, Old Spanish Fort comes to mind
and you can rent mopeds to putt around on to visit the sights. Point is there is always some place really neat to visit I guess that is why we don't make as much as we could. We have season passes to all state parks
and some amusement parks (6 flags) we just big kids.

Mike and Cyn

Pappy

Expert Expediter
I am so situated in SC that Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Gatlinburg,TN are all within a relatively short drive. Also, lake Hartwell with over 2,000 miles of shoreline and located on the SC-GA border ( I-85) is only a few minutes away.
Just last week we checked in some lake front property on Lake Pepin in Lake City, MN. I would be quite happy there till the first snowflake fell, then I'd be southbound in a hurry!

Pappy
35 years OTR T/T 34 1/2 TOOOOOO MANY! :) :9 :)

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hey don't knock the Motor City! What can you tell about Det. by sitting at the Detroiter? Anyway, Montreal has my vote- hands down. Nashville is a close second- walking distance to downtown from the TA and at least 3 good blues clubs. Third on my list is Ashville,NC.- great oasis in the middle of a desert...

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
Gimme the north or northwest. That would be any city in the Pacific Northwest. Close to the mountains and forests. Love those fishing villages too. I could walk the docks and look at workboats for a very long time. I think maybe the wife might have a slightly different preference though.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
If you ever get a run to Seattle or Portland, and have some time to kill, I recommend taking US12 from Yakima to I-5. It goes thru White Pass, and the scenery is awesome! I'd love to go camping there, if I can ever get the woman to go to a Seahawk game with me. :D

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
I vote for Portland, OR. Jubitz Travel Plaza is the place to stay! Park your C or D-unit in the bobtail section,puts you right at the main entrance to the main building. Theres great food in the Cascades restuarant,a good lounge with live bands on Fri and Sat nights and the motel has nice affordable rooms in the new section. There is a deli,well stocked store with beer and wine in the cooler, movie theater, gameroom and huge laundry room.

They have shuttle vans or you can take a cab downtown and see the sights or walk the river walk. The Columbia River has some great places to explore just 25 miles east on I-84 like Rooster Rock State Park or the falls. :)

whitewolf53

Expert Expediter
My greatest city to visit is no other than my
hometown of Madison Heights,Mi.
After being out on the road for over a month now
it is the prettiest site that i have seen.

Mike
Whitewolf 53

HERE LIZARD LIZARD LIZARD
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p
:9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>My greatest city to visit is no other than my
>hometown of Madison Heights,Mi.
>After being out on the road for over a month now
>it is the prettiest site that i have seen.
Mike,
Did you grow up there?

I always loved Christmas time, the malls and the idiots going to the malls.

My next home will be there next year - back to the home I grew up in.

dieselphreak2K

Expert Expediter
Mmm, I'd say South Padre Island in Texas. I ended up there once with my old company, and just parked my tractor at the beach, and enjoyed a night out at some of the great local joints, and floated in the ocean for most of the next day.

whitewolf53

Expert Expediter
>>My greatest city to visit is no other than my
>>hometown of Madison Heights,Mi.
>>After being out on the road for over a month now
>>it is the prettiest site that i have seen.
> Mike,
>Did you grow up there?
>
>I always loved Christmas time, the malls and the idiots
>going to the malls.
>
>My next home will be there next year - back to the home I
>grew up in.
No Greg,i grew up in Troy,Mi,just a few miles north of Madison Heights.
Back then it was nothing but farmland.I remember when the Somerset Collection was nothing but open land.Used to catch frogs and snakes there.Coolidge road was a 2 lane dirt and tar road. Used to ride our horses up to Marinelli's bar at Long Lake and Rochester road.
Now nothing but commercial property.
PROGRESS WHO NEEDS IT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike
Whitewolf 53

HERE LIZARD LIZARD LIZARD
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p
:9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9