Great Service

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
A while back, a member introduced us to a source of supply for Fan-Tastic roof vents. The prices are good for this cadillac of all vents but the sevice I received tonite was above and beyond, so worth mentioning here.

The Company is at http://members.aol.com/fantasticvent/

I placed an internet order with these folks for three Fan-Tastic vents I plan on installing on a new Chev 3500. Five minutes after placing the order, I received a call from the company to confirm the options I had specified and ensure I was to receive precisely what I wanted.

Need a vent? check this source.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The people at Adohen's are great. "Customer Service" is not just a slogan. They practice it. If you get your order in by mid afternoon it will ship that day.

Terry, is sounds as if you have a new van. Please tell us a bout it. Three Fan-Tastic vents? Is this a hover craft?

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Moot

The old 2000 is getting tired at 550,000 miles. Still runs great but I felt it's time to renew. We ordered a loaded Chev 3500 w/ 6.0 liter gasser. Should have it in a month. My plan is to install the model 6000 behind the passenger seat; the model 900 behind the drivers seat and another 900 in the cargo area, under which I will install the qualcomm antenna. That configuration should give the van a nice clean look

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had to look up the 900. I see its a non-powered vent. Let me know how the QC works under the dome. Are you inverting the QC mounting bracket and hanging it inside the van?

I have had a 4000r for 2 years and really like it. I have to manually crank it open and closed. I wired a switch near my bed so at least I can turn it on and off without getting up. I'm using a Max Air cover on the outside and have had no problems.

Good luck with the new van. Too bad you can't walk over to Wentzville and get one off the lot.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
moot
Inverting the mount is the plan. My dealer is 5 miles from the assembly plant, but the destination charge is $800. It's also that price no matter where the dealer; delivery cost averaging makes it easy on the GM CFO and expensive for me.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Terry,

One more question. Are you adding a top or staying with the factory roof?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The other day I dropped off a load in the area, and I knew going in I was going to have some time to kill. I called ahead and made an appointment for the next morning, and Espar in Romulus installed the 6000A in 2 1/2 hours. $75 an hour for labor, but the fan itself was $198.

Great service, great installation, but more importantly, the fan really is, and I hate to say it, FAN-TASTIC! lol Worth every penny.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Terry,

The new Qualcom mounting brackets have 4 "legs" and a lower profile. I don't think the antenna will fit inside the inverted bracket. If you have the old style mounting bracket you may want to hang on to it. It's hard enough to take the saw to the roof of a brand new van, I would hate to see someone end up with an unnecessary hole in their roof.

Good luck and have fun putting together your new van. I would be interested in any changes you have made compared to your last van. I'm sure you have quite a "story of evolution" from your very first van to this new one.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Thank you, Terry. We've been looking for a Fantastic component. Looks like these folks will have it. We'll give 'em a try.