Great Places To Eat!!!

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
For what its worth
Wild Wild West Truck Stop In Las Vegas Very Very Good and Cheap Food.
Billy Boy out in Morning side In Sioux City Iowa
Tastee In Sioux City Iowa
The Green Lantern in Decature NEB
:)

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A new place for us is the "Machine Shed" in Urbandale IA, on the other side of 35 from
the "J". It is by the Clairion. We walked to it, a little over 1/2 mile. No sidewalks.
Similar inside to a Cracker Barrel with , I believe, a superior menu.

An old fav of ours, SLYMANS.

THE corn beef king of Cleveland Oh.
They are on St Clair around 31st.
Park on St Clair across from Slymans.

THE BEST CORN BEEF SANDWICH.

They are open for breakfast and lunch. Go before 11 am or after 1:30 or be prepared
to stand in line for 20 minutes or more, watching the happy customers pass you by
with their own Slymans.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
if you find yourself in elk grove vill il try lou malnattis pizza. deep dish chicago style. its on oakton west of 83-busse hwy. it is off an industrial park and you may find paring there.

in rolling meadows il not far away, at a mall at golf rd and algonquin(thats 58 & 62) se corner is ginos east. also good chicago pizza.

there is also a papa deaux for seafood in the area and my son says it is quite good he also reccommends texas de brazil(possibly pricey) at woodfield shopping mall in schaumburg at 53 and higgins(72).

friday nite fish fry in wisc. all over the state. if you are in racine and in a van try yardarm restaurant off downtown racine off state st. if that is too busy and it is before 8 pm try cliffs boathouse a couple blocks away off main st in racine. great potato pancakes. he uses the potato batter on the fish. yum.

moose

Veteran Expediter
in Minnesota .
The north-pole family restaurant.
tk. the 494 , to Hwy 61 s.
first Exit tk. left
and left. again.
restaurant on R. across the gas station.
red roof bldg.
can park a st. truck
for semi. ,can park along the N. side of bldg.
651-459-2728
in Newport , M.N
be aware of the great polo bear .
BON-apettie...
MOOSE.

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
My Mom's house in Michigan and Arkansas when I was a kid
Grandma's house in Kennett, Missouri
Uncle in Tennessee

Lots of truck parking
Food is free
Very exclusive, (must know a family member) to get in.

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
My Mom's house in Michigan and Arkansas when I was a kid
Grandma's house in Kennett, Missouri
Uncle in Tennessee

Lots of truck parking
Food is free
Very exclusive, (must know a family member) to get in.

dcalien, does Grandma know Cheryl Crow? I saw her name on a sign when I drove through Kennett last month.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Sounds like, whever you are, you might find some half decent kidney dishes.
hehehehehehehehehehe
Oh man, I kill myself :D

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
When in west memphis,ar Pancho's is a good place to eat if you are hungry for mexican. I like the beef muchacho myself, and my wife likes the fajita queersadillia. If you're in the Petro's parking lot hang a right on the way out then go to the stop sign and hang a left go down about a block and it's on the left. If you get to the stop light you missed it and you can look to the left and see it cause it's on the corner. There is a little dirt lot just before it on the left and a shut down c.b. shop on the right just across the street for parking as well.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
in Texas........... gotta hit the
SALT GRASS steak houses......
seen them mostly up around dallas/ft worth
it is an awsome place to have a great steak dinner....

Texas Land & Cattle is also pretty good. I know they're in Dallas and San Antonio, not sure about other cities. Montana Mikes is decent too. It's a national chain, but the one in Laredo is close enough to a grocery that I've seen trucks parked at and it's a decent enough steak.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
The first city in Maine, has a little truck stop. Call the Cab and pay to go the World Famous Restaurant on the River. Worth every dime. Salad Bar things I did not know lived were there and Lobster Claw lunch HEAVEN.

Now back to the real world, Lake Mills, WI on I 94 Pine Cone Truck Plaza. What a treat a Bowl of Soup and BLT for get this $6.00 best split pea soup next to my Bride I have ever had maybee better but do not tell her please. Real Chunks of Ham in it, hot thick and filling the BLT just as good toasted. Dinner plates from $6 and up old fashion counter and GREAT SERVICE, very friendly people, showers clean, not to crowded.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
The first city in Maine, has a little truck stop. Call the Cab and pay to go the World Famous Restaurant on the River. Worth every dime. Salad Bar things I did not know lived were there and Lobster Claw lunch HEAVEN.

Are you talking about Bob's Clam Hut? We were stationed in Kittery for 3 years. The Clam Hut and the Weathervane were the best! Only place I've ever had deep fried lobster. :)

Now back to the real world, Lake Mills, WI on I 94 Pine Cone Truck Plaza. What a treat a Bowl of Soup and BLT for get this $6.00 best split pea soup next to my Bride I have ever had maybee better but do not tell her please. Real Chunks of Ham in it, hot thick and filling the BLT just as good toasted. Dinner plates from $6 and up old fashion counter and GREAT SERVICE, very friendly people, showers clean, not to crowded.
Pine Cone desserts are awesome too!

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
coolville ohio. yep. right there next to little hocking. okay its near parkersburg wva.ohio 7 and usa 50. 30 miles from athens. fueled up and had a meatloaf sammich. warm, moist, a few grn peppers and ample ketchup. went back in shopped and had another. this was at 11am and they carried me the rest of the day.

name of the ts on the hill? the coolspot in coolville.

no i did not see maynard g krebs.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Are you talking about Bob's Clam Hut? We were stationed in Kittery for 3 years. The Clam Hut and the Weathervane were the best! Only place I've ever had deep fried lobster. :)

I'm headed up to Maine tomorrow. Is this worth checking out?

bludragon13

Seasoned Expediter
we make it a point to stop for great mexican food in Van Horn ,Tx, pops restraunt ? located along side the pilot for easy parking, few truck drivers and alot of locals,
drivers stoping at pilot head for the wendys but the food at the restraunt is great and cheap,service is friendly every meal there is a treat.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
joplin mo

on rt 66 / 7th st
1218 w 7th st
joplin mo 64801

the sultan of smoke.

had a very large pork bbq sammich with original smokey bbq sauce. ate it slowly and slurpped the sauce off the paper wrapper. it was an hour of good eatin'.
www.sultanofsmoke.com
417-624-2264

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
we make it a point to stop for great mexican food in Van Horn ,Tx, pops restraunt ? located along side the pilot for easy parking, few truck drivers and alot of locals,
drivers stoping at pilot head for the wendys but the food at the restraunt is great and cheap,service is friendly every meal there is a treat.

That's the exit with this sign, which always makes me laugh when I'm through there. I snapped a photo of it last week.

Attachments

• HPIM0521 (2).jpg
    HPIM0521 (2).jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 13

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Just east of Dallas there is a bar b que place and I can't remember the name. It's at Royse City,TX. I don't know the exit number for sure. I'm thinking maybe 77. It's on the north side of the interstate. It has a dirt lot and is beside a small truck stop.

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
Las Vegus was metioned but you missed one of the best places i know a little place in Baker CA called the Mad Greek Cafe. gyros that are devine and the strawberry milk shakes oh man,i think they are made with only 4 things strawberrys,milk, ice ream and a little sugar;well then heavy cream for the copious amounts of whip on top of it all ,garnished with a fanned strawberry my gods it's devine!

the Pistachio baklava is near navana really. it truely is Pistacia vera L highest calling! buy a 9 or 12 pack to take back to the truck 5-10 seconds in the micro wave and it's happy breakfast for a week.

one of the few times when the massive bill board attacks accually lead to a great place