It's a Team's Life Government Shutdown: It's a Teams Life

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"I found this on the web. Trying to figure out where all the entitlement programs and mandated programs fit in this. Seems they are providing not promoting. Guess that's what gets the votes!"

What we have is laziness and irresponsibility being rewarded and hard word and responsible living being punished.

The NEXT big give away of others money, will be a "bail out" for college loans. The "Little Idiots" took out loans with NO means of paying them back. The HOPE of a job upon leaving school is NOT a means of repayment. We are being raked over the coals.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
"This bill was not made for you or me. It was made for those already on the take. The 47%. We, being the 53%, get to pay for the 47%. So suck it buttercup, that's the way it is until such time as this thing gets reversed if ever."

Well, as it stands now, we cannot afford ANY of the programs out there, NOT ONE. Plans with similar premiums, cover nothing. Plans that are similar in coverage, are a MINIMUM of 131% HIGHER premiums that what we have.

We are out of options. This "better than nothing bill" has broke us. We are at a loss.

I GUESS we can just pay as we go and then, IF something BAD happens, not bother to pay the bills and become part of the problem. Just pay the $95 and become an Obama Bum like the rest who caused this problem. Just become irresponsible like the rest of the sheeple. Makes me sick, sick, tired and fed up with the entire mess. You work hard all your life, be responsible and all it gets you is .........................................
:mad:

I still see no justification for a law that eliminates affordable coverage and MANDATES un-affordable coverage at extremely inflated rates, all for the good of the country. Does this make sense?

Someone has to pay for the free stuff the 47 percent get. You are gonna have to start selling those boats and guns. Anything less than that mean "you aren't doing your fair share".:D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Someone has to pay for the free stuff the 47 percent get. You are gonna have to start selling those boats and guns. Anything less than that mean "you aren't doing your fair share".:D

They can kiss my .................. :mad: No more! I am done. I have no more in my budget. IF they are not going to hold the "Liar in Chief" feet to the fire and restore what we CAN afford, well, the hell with them. You can't get blood out of a rock.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
That may be the case for many. Not so much this year because you are at $95.00 a person or one percent which ever is greater. As those dollar amounts and percentage climb every year is where you will see the problems.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That may be the case for many. Not so much this year because you are at $95.00 a person or one percent which ever is greater. As those dollar amounts and percentage climb every year is where you will see the problems.

There are the real problems too. We are both over 60, health problems are more real with each passing year. No real insurance, age, is a recipe for disaster.

I just felt like I was kicked in the balls, twice, once when our policy got cancelled and again when I saw what we were going to have to pay for little to no coverage. I am at a loss.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
According to this article there have been 14 MILLION health insurance policies cancelled due to Obama Care. That may be a greater number cancelled than new policies issued to before plan uninsured. We could very well end up with FEWER Americans covered that before Obama Care was forced on us.

"If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan." This was one of President Obama's key talking points when selling the Affordable Care Act, and it was never true — as many of the 14 million Americans currently covered by individually-purchased health plans are now learning."

Here's Why So Many Americans Are Getting Letters Saying Their Health Insurance Is Canceled - Yahoo Finance

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
According to this article there have been 14 MILLION health insurance policies cancelled due to Obama Care. That may be a greater number cancelled than new policies issued to before plan uninsured. We could very well end up with FEWER Americans covered that before Obama Care was forced on us.

"If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan." This was one of President Obama's key talking points when selling the Affordable Care Act, and it was never true — as many of the 14 million Americans currently covered by individually-purchased health plans are now learning."

Here's Why So Many Americans Are Getting Letters Saying Their Health Insurance Is Canceled - Yahoo Finance

sent from my Galaxy Tab2 now Free

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382462132523.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382462132523.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 16

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
Well, as it stands now, we cannot afford ANY of the programs out there, NOT ONE. Plans with similar premiums, cover nothing. Plans that are similar in coverage, are a MINIMUM of 131% HIGHER premiums that what we have.

Please clarify.
Are you saying that you got through to the online exchange at:

http://www.healthcare.gov/

and evaluated all of the plans and were unable to find a decent affordable plan?
If so:
How long did it take you to get through?
Why was your wife's pre-existing condition an issue?
Have you actually used the subsidy calculator because as a business owner you should have a lowered adjustable income after deductions?

Just trying to make sense of your situation.:confused:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Please clarify.
Are you saying that you got through to the online exchange at:

http://www.healthcare.gov/

and evaluated all of the plans and were unable to find a decent affordable plan?
If so:
How long did it take you to get through?
Why was your wife's pre-existing condition an issue?
Have you actually used the subsidy calculator because as a business owner you should have a lowered adjustable income after deductions?

Just trying to make sense of your situation.:confused:

While your post isn't directed at me, I will give my thoughts at first glance.
Pre-existing conditions shouldn't matter. However, weight and smoking will effect rates. How do you know? Because they ask.
Here is where I got a basic of rates. Put your basic info and zip in and you can shop the various plans for a specific state & region. www.ehealthinsurance.com

What I found for us at 52 years of age. Rates went up roughly 40 to 50 percent depending on whether I used Florida or Tennessee as a residence. Monthly premuim is a low of 548 (bronze) per month and 12,500 deductible. To drop the dedutible to 2k to 3k, rates wents to 998 to 1400 (silver) per month. The latter had 10-co-pay for prescriptions and the first is zero.nada until you hit that 12k or so deductible. Some plans will let you split the deductible but the monthly premium will be higher.

No subsidies are factored because we fall out of the qualifications. 92k for a family of 4, and 60 something for a couple.
Subsidies below that threshold are determined by whether your state is participating or not. Remember, 29 or 30 states don't currently participate and that is reflective in those subsidy numbers. Some are state exchanges and some are Federal.

Keep in mind also, for the expedite community, you will need a "multi-state policy" If not, you will have zero coverage unless home. Some are HMO and PPO only so you have to know that.
Like your doctor? They will show if your doctor participates and in which plans. Not listed, you lose....have to find another.
My final opinion.....not impressed.
The next shoe to drop is when people find they really have no coverage until they cover those huge deductibles. Some who are in rural areas may experience a shock as well because there may only be one or two plans to pick from. So much for "you can keep your plan", or "the average family will save $2500 a year". I can't believe how many fell for that line of BS.

Penalty is 95 or one percent. If you say make 50k a year, it isn't 95 dollars it is $500. The following year it is $1000 based on 2 percent. Goes up each year.

Last edited: