It's a Team's Life Government Shutdown: It's a Teams Life

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Government Shutdown: It's a Teams Life

When I think of the "Affordable Care Act" and realize how we struggle now to meet our premiums I wonder who is going to be able "Afford" next year when they double or triple?

This is over simplified but at the same time I believe it is time to step back and ask the question "Why are we continuing to do what does not work?"

READ MORE...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The cost on my wife's policy has gone up 130% over the one that was cancelled and that is for much LESS coverage. We cannot afford it. We don't have that much left in our budget. Now what? :confused::mad:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Ok, back to our regular scheduled program.

I'll have to read Lawrence's post again.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Read it. Privatize the Arch ?

Have you been on the Indiana Tollroad lately ?

Privatizing the prisons and schools [charters] didn't turn out to be so great, either.
The government was and is not supposed to be a 'for profit' enterprise, so the goals and methods are totally different. It would be great to keep the budget balanced, but we, the people, really need to keep a close eye on the spending, and most can't be bothered.
Lawrence, I don't get what we're doing that we've been doing [with health care]? I'm not a fan of Obamacare, but the premise is that if everyone has to have insurance, the healthy young people [who wouldn't bother otherwise] will help to balance out the costs of those who do use it. I think it's mostly a plum for the insurance industry, but at least somebody's trying to do something about the difficulty of getting insurance, if not the high cost of care. Baby steps, I guess.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The idea that the government uses FORCE to compel people to buy what they don't want or need is absurd. They are using FORCE to REQUIRE people to buy coverage that they have ABSOLUTELY NO USE FOR and yet they are now not able to afford what they DO need. So much for living in a free country. Welcome to the People's Republic. :mad:

OH YEAH, remember the part about keeping you plan if you liked it? LIE! Remember the part about not being able to not being able to be refused for pre-existing conditions? LIE! My wife's plan WAS cancelled. My wife HAS been turned down for a pre-existing condition, one that she does not have. That is in spite of the DR passing on all of her records. :mad:

The result? A comparable plan, with LESS COVERAGE than she needs and has under the old plan, and TON that she does not, is going to cost 130% PER MONTH MORE than what she had. To the tune of almost $4800 per year MORE than what she was paying.:mad:

I dare ANYONE to justify that!

Yep, GOOD IDEA!

The extortion MUST STOP! They are totally out of control. This is a result of Marxism in action.

People can lose their homes if they refuse to buy the REQUIRED coverage, whether they need it or not. Tax liens can be put in place. Income tax refunds confiscated. Wages can be garnishes.

YEP, good first move in the right direction. The ONLY thing left is the use of physical force. OH THAT'S right, the IRS IS an ARMED government agency, I guess that is now in play as well.

The word tyranny comes to mind.

Last edited:

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
At least it is something..as stated ..what we have as a healthcare system is not working...obamacare is far from perfect ..its something..I'm no Obama fan either... BUT..most people can afford healthcare...they choose not to..if they can afford fancy phones..flat screen TV ..cars...clothes..etc..I'm sure there is $$ in there budget to take care of themselves...the biggest problem with healthcare cost I feel is GREED..extremely overpriced services and medications etc...get all of this under control ( good luck) and health care would not be so expensive.. healthcare / drug manufacturers ..its all the good ole boy network ..they have bought off all the current regulations to favor them..
Something needs to change... What & How??
The movie Sicko by Michael Moore is a good insight into all of this..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My wife's rate is going to be $7900 per year for ONE PERSON! We were more than able to afford what we once had and was TAKEN from us, BY FORCE and what we are being FORCED to buy we cannot afford. A start? A start at what? Bankrupting as many as they can?

I heard that Obama Care MAY allow 10 million of the unproven 40 million who did not have insurance, get it? I wonder how may are losing it? I would not be surprised if it is more.

As I said, I dare ANYONE to justify a 130% increase and a FORCED requirement for coverage that is in NO WAY NEEDED! Just who in the heck does Obama think he is telling us what coverage we HAVE TO HAVE?

OH YEAH, don't forget that part of that premium is a FEDERAL TAX on health insurance. NOW, how does taxing what you want people to have make it more affordable?

This may break us. We don't have it in the budget to cover the new costs. Any lesser policy would amount to not having insurance since they cover almost nothing.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
At least it is something..as stated ..what we have as a healthcare system is not working...obamacare is far from perfect ..its something..I'm no Obama fan either... BUT..most people can afford healthcare...they choose not to..if they can afford fancy phones..flat screen TV ..cars...clothes..etc..I'm sure there is $$ in there budget to take care of themselves...the biggest problem with healthcare cost I feel is GREED..extremely overpriced services and medications etc...get all of this under control ( good luck) and health care would not be so expensive.. healthcare / drug manufacturers ..its all the good ole boy network ..they have bought off all the current regulations to favor them..
Something needs to change... What & How??
The movie Sicko by Michael Moore is a good insight into all of this..

Michael Moore has never had insight into anything, he just decides what you should believe then makes things fit.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Michael Moore has never had insight into anything, he just decides what you should believe then makes things fit.

Easy to say, got proof? :confused: [I have to admit I haven't seen the movie]

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner

I thought all of his facts were right on..sure its bard to tell a complete story in 2 hrs..and make everybody happy..
Truth hurts...our healthcare sucks azz..embarrassing actually..

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Easy to say, got proof? :confused: [I have to admit I haven't seen the movie]

Yes, the people that he uses in his movies as examples of how bad things are that come out and say that he edited them to completely change what they said to fit his needs.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I bet Moore will NEVER tell the story of the millions of American's who are losing their coverage due to his lord god's plan.

Why are SO many people willing to give up control over their lives to a government? Do they have ANY idea what slavery is like?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I thought all of his facts were right on..sure its bard to tell a complete story in 2 hrs..and make everybody happy..
Truth hurts...our healthcare sucks azz..embarrassing actually..

It isn't hard to give a truthful picture, he just never had any intention of doing so. He is a notorious liar and it has been proven many times but people still think he has the goal of sharing the truth for some reason. Our healthcare rates at the top of the entire world, patient satisfaction puts it there, but WHO rates it at 37 because we don't have nationalized insurance. There are things that could be improved but our healthcare system is far better than people give it credit for.