It's a Team's Life Government Shutdown: It's a Teams Life

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
To say o care is good because its something is just crazy and lacks any critical thinking at all. O care does not contain one thing that attempts to lower the cost of care that Aline speaks volumes.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
It isn't hard to give a truthful picture, he just never had any intention of doing so. He is a notorious liar and it has been proven many times but people still think he has the goal of sharing the truth for some reason. Our healthcare rates at the top of the entire world, patient satisfaction puts it there, but WHO rates it at 37 because we don't have nationalized insurance. There are things that could be improved but our healthcare system is far better than people give it credit for.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app
OK if you say so..facts are facts....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
To say o care is good because its something is just crazy and lacks any critical thinking at all. O care does not contain one thing that attempts to lower the cost of care that Aline speaks volumes.

...my point is it is something...so what's the answer??

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
SO, if Moore says it's bad it is OK for Obama Care to take away low cost, effective plans, from people who wanted to keep them? Why is Obama not being held to his promise that IF we wanted to keep what we had we could keep it?

We, as of Dec 31, will have no coverage. We have few options, all either cost more, WAY more, and cover less, OR, cost the same and cover nothing. BUT, we DO have pediatric vision care coverage. That makes me feel better.

I still have seen NO ONE justify a 130% government MANDATE increase in premiums for LOWER over all coverage and MANDATORY coverage that we have no need for.

Please explain, in a way that makes sense, why we need maternity, new born and pediatric vision coverage at our age? THOSE items are account for almost 80% of the additional costs. Government imposed taxes and lack of competition is accounting for the rest.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My pay grade isn't high enough to know the answer but it sure isn't "its something". Honestly how does that even make any sense, it raised costs, forces people into coverage that's impossible to use, creates new taxes that increases cost, still leaves millions uninsured and places even more burden on the productive people in society not only to care for those who truley can't but also to help pay for those that won't.

Hospitals are laying people off, doctors are closing practices, businesses are cutting employee hours. Those are the types of things its something thinking accomplishes.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
My premiums actually will drop..I'm not against you..it is far from perfect..but is something...have to start somewhere..again I'm no Obama fan..

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My premiums actually will drop..I'm not against you..it is far from perfect..but is something...have to start somewhere..again I'm no Obama fan..

SO, a very BAD bill is better than no bill?

How about, get government OUT of health care? How is that for a start.

Explain how I am going to cover this. I NEED an answer. My senators won't answer my questions, they say just do as you are told.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's good for you but what about those who have lost jobs or had hours cut? What about most who's coverage costs will increase? What about the average 27 year old who has no need for coverage but is forced to buy it? What about the 60 year old man who must pay for birth coverage or those strongly apposed to abortion who must help pay for it? If its something why were they so afraid to let people read it before it was voted on? Why was it rammed through when a majority of america was against it.

Yes its something and that scares the he double l out of me.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
The cost on my wife's policy has gone up 130% over the one that was cancelled and that is for much LESS coverage. We cannot afford it. We don't have that much left in our budget. Now what? :confused::mad:

Are you eligible for a subsidy? I just did a quick google search, "how do the subsidies work for obamacare" and found the following: Subsidy Calculator and this was a good article as well explaining the subsidy Obamacare 101: how the federal subsidy works (+video) - CSMonitor.com.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Are you eligible for a subsidy? I just did a quick google search, "how do the subsidies work for obamacare" and found the following: Subsidy Calculator and this was a good article as well explaining the subsidy Obamacare 101: how the federal subsidy works (+video) - CSMonitor.com.

First off, I don't take welfare. I EARN and pay my OWN way. I have paid for our insurance since 1973. NOW, thanks to Obama Care, I cannot afford it. Leave my old plan in place, as we were promised, I would not have a problem. I was not having a problem UNTIL Oct 1.

As to the subsidies, we make too much for any subsidy.

Still NO ONE has told me why my wife is being FORCED to buy maternity care, newborn care or pediatric vision care. She can't have kids and our YOUNGEST son is 33. He no longer requires pediatric vision care.

Thanks for trying to help with the link. I mean that.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The subsidies are tax credits which do help but you first must pay out of pocket the full amount if I understand correctly.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The subsidies are tax credits which do help but you first must pay out of pocket the full amount if I understand correctly.

There are also direct subsidies, IF I remember correctly. We have spoken with our CPA and he says that tax credits will not do us any good.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
HEY! We are truckers, SO, be VERY careful when looking at "approved" Obama Care plans. So far, one of the plans makes it VERY clear that they do NOT cover the costs for surgery for obstructive sleep apnea. How does THAT float your boat?

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I have done some reading on O care...but I guess I better do more..the things Mr.Layout is going through is not right for sure...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have done some reading on O care...but I guess I better do more..the things Mr.Layout is going through is not right for sure...

There are millions in this country that are going through the same thing. What is sad is that there is almost NO reporting on what is going on.

paullud

Veteran Expediter

Have you looked at how much those subsidies help people that don't have kids they can't afford? The middle class is taking it up the...on the chin again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Interesting. We found a plan that would cover what we needed and it is ONLY $404 per year, BUT WAIT, in Jan 2015 it jumps to $838! What a BARGAIN!!! And to make it even better, the co-pays go up too! How great is that? :mad:

Yep, not doubt, a bad bill, even baby steps, is better than nothing! :mad:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The big kicker for most even with low premiums and subsidies is many are hit with a huge deductible. I seen on TV one couple was 10k and another was 14K. That has to be paid BEFORE you recieve any insurance benefits.
On a side note, just like the failed web site and other goofy stuff, this is the slow walk to a single payer system.
In otherwords, they want it to fail so they can say, "we need a single payer, government controlled system".

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The big kicker for most even with low premiums and subsidies is many are hit with a huge deductible. I seen on TV one couple was 10k and another was 14K. That has to be paid BEFORE you recieve any insurance benefits.
On a side note, just like the failed web site and other goofy stuff, this is the slow walk to a single payer system.
In otherwords, they want it to fail so they can say, "we need a single payer, government controlled system".

Yep, the plan all along. But FIRST! Ruin as many lives as they can. :mad: As I have said on this from day one, this plan has NOTHING to do with providing health care, it is all about control.