Gov. Rick Perry discusses crisis at US-Mexico border.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That is about like saying Hillary was a lawyer, a senator, and sort of head of the state department. and saying she is qualified to be President.:cool:
Then again, there is that "community organizer" requirement she lacks. lol
You got that right. Robert Reich, Labor Secretary under Clinton. Didn't have any previous private sector work experience, but he was the expert on how to create jobs. Haha
Robert Reich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I think it's fairly obvious that having a job in the federal government isn't going to make one an expert in all, or even several aspects of government issues or policy. It's true that one being in the government might make one privy to certain things in areas in which one doesn't have any dealings, but then again it just as easily might not. Bureaucrats generally are experts in their areas of focus and tend to not be experts at all in other areas.

Robert Reich may very well be an expert in immigration, Central American daily life, the drug trade, children, and a whole host of other things, but the body of his work, words and actions leave no evidence for that.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Expert or not...MY POINT..was the heart of the article...these PEOPLE ..HUMAN BEINGS ...are running from a big steamy pile of shiz we had a hand in creating ..
he also made a point which I find so very true....

"The haters direct their venom not just at child refugees seeking asylum from the drug war we created, but also at gays who want to marry, African-Americans who want to vote and exercise their other rights of citizenship, women who seek abortions, or even women in general"

Sent from my SM-G900V using EO
Forums mobile app

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
At the border looking for kids with a 50 cal.. probably not the best time for a photo opp with a high caliber machine gun??

Sent from my SM-G900V using EO Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1405591067757.jpg
    1405591067757.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Expert or not...MY POINT..was the heart of the article...these PEOPLE ..HUMAN BEINGS ...are running from a big steamy pile of shiz we had a hand in creating ..
he also made a point which I find so very true....

"The haters direct their venom not just at child refugees seeking asylum from the drug war we created, but also at gays who want to marry, African-Americans who want to vote and exercise their other rights of citizenship, women who seek abortions, or even women in general"

Sent from my SM-G900V using EO
Forums mobile app
The quote by Reich is spoken by someone who has been in government too long. He lumps people that oppose certain policies as the 'haters'. Most that oppose don't hate illegal aliens, blacks, gays, or women. They might disagree with how immigration is being handled, the lax voter laws, disagree on the definition of marriage, and whether religious institutions or companies can oppose certain contraceptives. Instead Reich plays the immigrant card, the gay card, the contraception card, the war on women card, and the hater card. Yep, spoken like someone who has been in government and politics too long.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Well, considering it's from The Gateway Pundit - the home of The Stupidest Man On The Internet, Jim Hoft - I guess we shouldn't be surprised that the headline is FALSE ...

IOW: no $6,000 per month for housing a single individual.

And, quite frankly, I'm not really surprised that despite the fact that a picture of one of these purported ads was included with the article itself, you failed to make that observation as well ...

That's some keen observation and really deep insight there ... ;)

Froth on Bro ...

Still a slanted site but gives a much better breakdown of what that 6k a month entails. And no, it isn't 6k for one kid.
Exclusive: Ad Promises $6,000 a Month Tax Free To House Immigrant Children | Ben Swann Truth In Media

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You got that right. Robert Reich, Labor Secretary under Clinton. Didn't have any previous private sector work experience, but he was the expert on how to create jobs. Haha
Robert Reich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reich is an academic - a theoretician who developed himself inside the bubbles of college campuses and think tanks, then moved to government administration, always avoiding the harsh realities of the private sector and real-world experience. Sounds a lot like Obama.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Still a slanted site but gives a much better breakdown of what that 6k a month entails. And no, it isn't 6k for one kid.
Exclusive: Ad Promises $6,000 a Month Tax Free To House Immigrant Children | Ben Swann Truth In Media
The point I was making is that the ad can very easily be interpreted as offering $6k for one child, and that article cited isn't the only one to see it that way. It's safe to say the vague wording is not unintentional.
AD OFFERS MORE THAN $6000 PER MONTH TO HOUSE FOREIGN MINORS

by KRISTIN TATE

...Lisa Maloney Vinton, a Murrieta resident, provided Breitbart Texas with a purported copy of the advertisement, which was put up by the Crittenton Services and Foster Family Agency. It says, "Help heal the wounds ... for children in foster care programs including survivors of human trafficking and unaccompanied refugee minors."

95DEC27C380B41FBA4613FAEB1947628.jpg

Parents who offer up their homes could have a child placed in their home in "as short as 45 days" and be paid up to $6,054 per month, according to the advertisement.
Cindy Lemos, another Murrieta resident, told Breitbart Texas that she called the number on the advertisement. She said, "I called this afternoon and the gentlemen I spoke to told me that they are receiving the illegal immigrants but that none of them are under the age of 12. I asked him where all the younger children were... he told me that he was wondering the exact same thing."

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/07/10/Ad-Offers-More-Than-$6000-Per-Month-to-House-Foreign-Minors

It would be hard to count the ways this program is ripe for fraud, and no doubt the existing illegals in the US will quickly find ways to take advantage of more US goodies being handed out. Not a bad deal - being paid $6K by the govt to house a few illegal aliens and/or gang members.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm really digging this whole "they do horrible stuff in other countries because we do business with them therefore it's all out fault" thing.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I'm really digging this whole "they do horrible stuff in other countries because we do business with them therefore it's all out fault" thing.

And to think we send aid in the billions there as well. "Those evil Americans" sending aid again and stirring up all these countries.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That stuff must be taught in the school of asshattery to which you referred recently. On the other hand, more info about conditions in Central America continues to leak out:
Fox News' Catherine Herridge is out with fresh reporting showing that thousands of unaccompanied illegal minors crossed the southern border with Mexico under the impression that if they made it to the United States they'd be able to stay, not because they're fleeing violence in their home countries. Further, new statistics show crime in Central America is actually down, not up.

A new intelligence assessment concludes that misperceptions about U.S. immigration policy – and not Central American violence – are fueling the surge of thousands of children illegally crossing the Mexican border.

The 10-page July 7 report was issued by the El Paso Intelligence Center (EPIC), which according to the Justice Department website is led by the DEA and incorporates Homeland Security. Its focus is on the collection and distribution of tactical intelligence, information which can immediately be acted on by law enforcement.

"Of the 230 migrants interviewed, 219 cited the primary reason for migrating to the United States was the perception of U.S. immigration laws granting free passes or permisos to UAC (unaccompanied children) and adult females OTMs (other than Mexicans) traveling with minors,” the report said.

Report: Unaccompanied Minors Coming to U.S. For Amnesty, Not Fleeing Violence - Katie Pavlich

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The point I was making is that the ad can very easily be interpreted as offering $6k for one child, and that article cited isn't the only one to see it that way. It's safe to say the vague wording is not unintentional.
That "vague" wording is like the ads that promise "O down, 0 due at signing" for leasing cars: they just want to get you in the place with your hopes high, and then they'll explain the details. [Actually, the "up to" is a red flag, if you're paying attention.] The $6054 figure is for six kids - and if the documentation is half as extensive as for other government programs, it's pretty low for the time involved for ONE kid, much less six.

It would be hard to count the ways this program is ripe for fraud, and no doubt the existing illegals in the US will quickly find ways to take advantage of more US goodies being handed out. Not a bad deal - being paid $6K by the govt to house a few illegal aliens and/or gang members.

If you think foster parenting 6 [non English speaking] illegal aliens and/or gang members is "not a bad deal", then sign up for it, and let us know how it works out. :rolleyes:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you think foster parenting 6 [non English speaking] illegal aliens and/or gang members is "not a bad deal", then sign up for it, and let us know how it works out. :rolleyes:
Since you obviously missed the connection I'll restate: it's not a bad deal for the existing illegals, gang members or squatting relatives that are already here to be paid to foster these illegal "children" over the age of 12.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Since you obviously missed the connection I'll restate: it's not a bad deal for the existing illegals, gang members or squatting relatives that are already here to be paid to foster these illegal "children" over the age of 12.

https://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Adoption_and_Foster_Care/Get_Started/requirements.asp

Just how many illegals, gang members, and squatters do you think meet the requirements?
I swear, y'all seem to think the government just hands money to anyone who asks. :rolleyes:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Clearly, obviously, unquestionably, you'd be surprised. If you are here and can take in a "relative" then you automatically qualify to take in more kids on a temporary basis... standard foster care paperwork not required (which is probably why so few illegal minors actually show up for their immigration hearing). The bigger issue is there is government money involved, and lots of it, so people are coming out of the woodwork to get me some o' dat. And because there is overwhelming pressure to get these kids placed quickly (as opposed to get then through due process quickly) they ain't exactly being sticklers for details. In fact, the details aren't even being followed in most cases, which is why they are now the opposite of transparent in the placements, and it's how large groups of people can get placed without local officials knowing about it, unlike the way it was up until about 6 months ago when transparency existed in this process.

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Clearly, obviously, unquestionably, you'd be surprised. If you are here and can take in a "relative" then you automatically qualify to take in more kids on a temporary basis... standard foster care paperwork not required (which is probably why so few illegal minors actually show up for their immigration hearing). The bigger issue is there is government money involved, and lots of it, so people are coming out of the woodwork to get me some o' dat. And because there is overwhelming pressure to get these kids placed quickly (as opposed to get then through due process quickly) they ain't exactly being sticklers for details. In fact, the details aren't even being followed in most cases, which is why they are now the opposite of transparent in the placements, and it's how large groups of people can get placed without local officials knowing about it, unlike the way it was up until about 6 months ago when transparency existed in this process.

That is correct. They are placing these kids in off the wall places in a 72 hour turnaround. They are going for speed. I don't think qualifications are trumping quick locations.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That is correct. They are placing these kids in off the wall places in a 72 hour turnaround. They are going for speed. I don't think qualifications are trumping quick locations.

I can totally agree that standards would be somewhat 'relaxed', given that it's a crisis [PR, not least of all], but I'd like to know how much exactly. It seems obvious that the 45 days training is a nogo, but what are the requirements?
Does anyone know? Or are we just making assumptions, like that photo in a previous post?