Gov. Rick Perry discusses crisis at US-Mexico border.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Who cares what Robert Reich thinks? He is hardly an authority on immigration.
Or children, or drugs, or Central America.

"Whatever happened to the generosity, decency, and big-heartedness of this country?"

The people this country has been generous to, decent to, and showed a big heart for, have used and abused us to the point where we're done. It's bad enough that we've got half the country on welfare, in no small part to Robert Reich labor and economic policies, but the money to take on the welfare of anyone and everyone who can get here and claim refugee status just ain't there. It's as simple as that. America is no longer Nike - we can't just do it. We've got to pay for it somehow, and we don't have any money.

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I think some are ok with screwing the children of today to get what they want. They can't comprehend the fact then when we keep borrowing money, it is future generations that are saddled with that debt and paying it back. When they actually have to start paying, then they will sing a different tune. Already starting to see it in communities that are getting surprised with these illegals and the locals have to start footing the bill.
From the liberal Boston Herald.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2014/07/illegal_immigrants_flown_to_bay_state

Last edited:

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
In order for any of that to matter, these kids have to be actual refugees as defined by the definitive of refugee. There is certainly a concerted effort by some to redefine these immigrants as refugees, but that effort is largely the rhetoric of pro immigration reform folks who basically want an open border to begin with.

The children are refugees escaping from violent conditions in Central America. Per a law signed by President Bush in 2008, children from specific countries in Central America who reach the border must be allowed to seek asylum

http://m.state.gov/md113178.htm

Sent from my SM-G900V using EO Forums mobile app

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Really...seems like the children are JUST fleeing a big Ole mess ....we help create. .

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Who cares what Robert Reich thinks?
I'm guessing Robert Reich ... just for starters ...

He is hardly an authority on immigration.
Neither are you ...

In fact, while I might not see eye-to-eye with Mr. Reich on much politically, it would be my guess that Reich probably has a better handle on the overall situation than most folks posting on the matter here.

BTW - you failed to address the point being raised ...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
And that point being? And no, I don't think Reich knows more than anyone else here. He was nothing more than a puppet for the Clintons.

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The children are refugees escaping from violent conditions in Central America. Per a law signed by President Bush in 2008, children from specific countries in Central America who reach the border must be allowed to seek asylum

William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008

You are not keeping up. They have already said they aren't refugees.
Hondurans deported from new U.S. facility - CNN.com

They are already sending some back. Refugees they are not. You might want them to be, but so far that is not the case.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Extensive experience within government over multiple administrations (including one Republican one)

Cue that Twilight Zone opening theme ...

Even while he was serving in the (Gerald) Ford administration ?

LOL ... ;)

Based on results, I don't know that any of that qualifies him above anyone else. Keep the music playing if you are believing it.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Extensive experience within government over multiple administrations (including one Republican one)

Cue that Twilight Zone opening theme ...

Even while he was serving in the (Gerald) Ford administration ?

LOL ... ;)

Seriously, are you even going to count the 'republican' Ford Administration? Hehehe

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Seriously, are you even going to count the 'republican' Ford Administration? Hehehe

That is about like saying Hillary was a lawyer, a senator, and sort of head of the state department. and saying she is qualified to be President.:cool:
Then again, there is that "community organizer" requirement she lacks. lol

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Or children, or drugs, or Central America.

"Whatever happened to the generosity, decency, and big-heartedness of this country?"

The people this country has been generous to, decent to, and showed a big heart for, have used and abused us to the point where we're done. It's bad enough that we've got half the country on welfare, in no small part to Robert Reich labor and economic policies, but the money to take on the welfare of anyone and everyone who can get here and claim refugee status just ain't there. It's as simple as that. America is no longer Nike - we can't just do it. We've got to pay for it somehow, and we don't have any money.
Evidently there's money somewhere to bring out our big-heartedness and decency. Ads are running in certain local newspapers offering $6000/mo TAX FREE for families to take in some of these illegal "refugees". One small condition - they have to be over 12 years old. But what big-hearted liberal wouldn't want to take an unfortunate "child" like this into their home to show them their love and generosity?

499x249xviolent-gang-illegals-at-border-processing-center.jpg.pagespeed.ic.3ALiaVAm_D.jpg

Obama Administration Paying Locals $6,000 a Month to HOUSE ONE ILLEGAL MINOR | The Gateway Pundit

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Based on results, I don't know that any of that qualifies him above anyone else.
Well, his experience in government may well have put him into the position of being privy to a lot of "detail" that most aren't really aware of ...

One can (attempt to) dismiss that simply because one doesn't like his politics ... or because one doesn't like the ramifications of facts or conclusions he may present ...

I've seen all sorts of otherwise responsible people doggedly attempt to deny responsibility when it comes to certain issues that really get their goat.

Keep the music playing if you are believing it.
Same to ya ... and don't touch that dial: Greta and Megyn will probably be along any moment now ...

... lol ...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
The more relevant (and important) question is:

Are you going to attempt to minimize or deny it ?

The dude clerked for Robert Bork ... lol ...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Ads are running in certain local newspapers offering $6000/mo TAX FREE for families to take in some of these illegal "refugees".

Obama Administration Paying Locals $6,000 a Month to HOUSE ONE ILLEGAL MINOR | The Gateway Pundit
Well, considering it's from The Gateway Pundit - the home of The Stupidest Man On The Internet, Jim Hoft - I guess we shouldn't be surprised that the headline is FALSE ...

IOW: no $6,000 per month for housing a single individual.

And, quite frankly, I'm not really surprised that despite the fact that a picture of one of these purported ads was included with the article itself, you failed to make that observation as well ...

That's some keen observation and really deep insight there ... ;)

Froth on Bro ...

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
That is about like saying Hillary was a lawyer, a senator, and sort of head of the state department. and saying she is qualified to be President.:cool:
Then again, there is that "community organizer" requirement she lacks. lol
Your premise doesn't even make good sense ...