Goulash

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
One of the drawbacks of operating a cargo van is the fact that cargo odor will permeate throughout, no matter how much stretch wrap or plastic wrap covering the freight.

I am presently under a load of 1634 pounds of garlic powder, paprika and black pepper, packaged in 50 pound sacks. Every bump in the road produces another wisp of powder from the seams of the paper sacks. This heavily spiced goulash stick will likely remain in the van and my clothes for some time.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Keep all of your windows down in spite of December weather,for a CGuard guy who served in Alaska this weather should be balmy.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't think I could put up with the smells of some stuff. I've had stuff that lingered in the cargo box for a week or more and hated that with the minimal exposure there was. There are plenty of things worse than seasoning smell but any lingering odor would get old really fast.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Terry, I still have some powered cheese residue in my van. I can send you some.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Stinkyest thing I ever had back in my cargo van days,was a drum of perfume for P&G at cin.

Man was I glad to get that thing off.

riverrat2000

Seasoned Expediter
mine was also a p&g load of scent for candles going just across the river from Ciny. people could smell my truck upwind from a half a mile away two weeks later.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
This wasn't stinky .... but last night I picked up a 2000 lb pallet of of cookie dough and delivered it to an elementary school this morning.

It wasn't a long run so I was within a couple of miles of the consignee before midnight - but had to layover until this morning when there was someone there to receive it.

It was frozen and had several blocks of dry ice packed on top of it ..... and was about 2' behind my bunk.

Never was able to get quite warm last night .... even with the Espar crankin' away ..... :)

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Terry and Rene;

First, hope all is well.

The saying goes, if life hands you lemons, make lemonade.

When Fed-EX CC customer hands you garlic, paprika and pepper, make goulash! or better yet, Chicken Paprikas!

HotFr8Recruiter - John
:)

Pappy

Expert Expediter
Hmmmmm! Sounds like you picked up from the spice people "McCormick" down in Dallas!

Pappy :)

ejtrucker

Seasoned Expediter
Lemonade: Rest well that vampires will not be lingering as long as the garlic is lingering.
Man, I love garlic, but during my pregnancy I hated the smell, it almost made lose the contents of my stomach.

When I have gotten trucks that have heavy smoke smell, I take charcoal, like the kind for BBQ, put it is a pair of nylons or thin nylon socks. It will absorb the smells.

EJ
www.myspace.com/ejtrucker
D/solo

http://www.expeditersonline.com/img/5star-7.gif