Got it! Got Them!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Got the new boat on Friday, it is SWEET! Got out for my first duck hunt, with a bunch of kids, had a GREAT TIME! Had a REALLY funny happen, was laughing SO hard I had tears running. A drake blue bill was locked, flaps and gear down, heading right at the left side of the layout, where young Alex was. I told him to "take it" he sat up, pulled the trigger, and "CLICK". He had forgotten to load the gun! I cracked up! I told that he will hear about this for decades and when he is 70 it will be a wonderful memory. Glad I was there to be a part of it!

We took 23 yesterday. Would have taken more without the kids but would not have had as much fun. Out in a few hours for ANOTHER day with the kids!

Keep an eye on this thread, still want to get some EO members out for a layout hunt.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Great story Joe.. but we all went out on a goose hunt in canada long time ago. Buddy was being funny the whole time there. So we put blanks in his gun..lol joke on him geese were there abd he didnt drop a single one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I was with a young daughter one day and it was time to go in for dinner. As she headed under the garage door I hit the down button.
She shouted that she had to Goose.
Goose ? What the heck was she talking about ?
Once she thought about it,she explained that she meant she had to Duck .
You can tell we're not hunters.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Little harder today, little wind to push the birds. We did get 11, most taken by one of the kids. Hunting tomorrow. Only one kid, the one from New Jersey. They are here with relatives. They had little damage and they have no school yet, SO, being a smart kid they are here hunting duck!

stonewolf

Seasoned Expediter
Thats awsome joe ... even if we dont get out a clip some wings id like to check out your nice new toy lol

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how a kid who was ostensibly trained in how to handle a gun (otherwise he wouldn't have a gun in his hand) doesn't know whether or not his gun is loaded, and how that will be a wonderful memory.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how a kid who was ostensibly trained in how to handle a gun (otherwise he wouldn't have a gun in his hand) doesn't know whether or not his gun is loaded, and how that will be a wonderful memory.

You have forgotten what it is to be a kid. He got excited. We had just shot a some ducks and birds were everywhere. We had only a few seconds between birds. He forgot to rack in a shell before he laid back down in the boat. Sorry you have forgotten the glory of childhood. It does explain much. At least it did not cost him his shirt tail, it was not deer hunting.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Lake Erie went dead today. ZERO wind. It looked like a mid-July morning before the city boaters stirred up the lake. They did not fly, only got two ducks, a suntan and built up my vitamin D level. Had a wonder time with friends.

We are taking tomorrow off, then filming the TV show on Wed and Thurs and then hunting Friday with a state senator and the head of the Michigan DNR. BUSY BUSY!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Glad Joe is enjoying the boat and having fun.
Hanging with a State Senator and the head of the DNR has me worried.
Could he be grooming himself for life in the political arena later in life ?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Glad Joe is enjoying the boat and having fun.
Hanging with a State Senator and the head of the DNR has me worried.
Could he be grooming himself for life in the political arena later in life ?

NOPE! The 'crew' I hunt with is rather well known. This TV show will be our 5th, either TV or DVD show. We OFTEN hunt with political figures and/or officials. They KNOW that they can join us for a hunt and NOT be bothered for 'favors'. They also like to pick our brains for idea on how to improve things. We NEVER take advantage of them. They trust us and we respect their privacy. It works for all involved.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Here are a few. Maybe I can get some "action" shots at a later date.

Attachments

• 036+2.jpg
    036+2.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 030+2.jpg
    030+2.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 034+2.jpg
    034+2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 12

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nice boat :) ..... you don't have to post any action pic shots !!!!!! :eek:

LOL

Of COURSE I do! Looks boring just sitting at the dock! Besides, they would not offend the average anti-hunter, we don't shoot birds out of the 'tender boats'. We shoot them out of the layout boats! ;) Like the one below. Mine is a smaller one man version.

Attachments

• 014 (3).jpg
    014 (3).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 10

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Of COURSE I do! Looks boring just sitting at the dock! Besides, they would not offend the average anti-hunter, we don't shoot birds out of the 'tender boats'. We shoot them out of the layout boats! ;) Like the one below. Mine is a smaller one man version.

Looks cosy!! ROFL :p

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
When we are hunting, not taking pictures, we are laying down. Nunthin better on a nice day, 25 degrees, 25MPH winds and snow squalls! COMFY!

On a 25F, 25mph wind with snow squalls day ...... You will find me in front of a roaring log fire with a good book :p

zorry

Veteran Expediter

Does it seem to get smaller each year ? ( the boat,I mean)