Google Chrome Browser

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Just stated using Chrome. So far loving it. Faster than IE, and the tool bar takes up less space. (A must on my small puter) The spell check works automatically as you type. It didn't like my "puter" word, but I don`t care. I like it.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Just stated using Chrome. So far loving it. Faster than IE, and the tool bar takes up less space. (A must on my small puter) The spell check works automatically as you type. It didn't like my "puter" word, but I don`t care. I like it.

I used it a while back when my Firefox was on the blink. I like it, like the way it shows your most used pages when you boot it up. For some reason, it wasn't working right with my links or my quotes, but then again, Firefox doesn't let me print......go figure.

All in all I like it, it DOES boot up faster than Firefox and I think you're right about the speed......Chrome AND Firefox are faster than IE.

Side note....your "small" puter...is that a netbook?? Picked one up for DD a couple of months ago and he LOVES the thing!!

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Side note....your "small" puter...is that a netbook?? Picked one up for DD a couple of months ago and he LOVES the thing!!

Not a net book...It is a small Dell Inspiron 700m. Weighs just 3.5 lbs, but still has a DVD/cd drive

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Diva, I just got a new printer. After installing it, it showed up in the Firefox add-on window and said that it wasn't compatible with Firefox 3.5.3. I tried it anyway and it worked. Did you see that and just not try it? If so, give it a shot.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Diva, I just got a new printer. After installing it, it showed up in the Firefox add-on window and said that it wasn't compatible with Firefox 3.5.3. I tried it anyway and it worked. Did you see that and just not try it? If so, give it a shot.

Thanks for the response. We recently picked up a portable printer for the truck and it works fine with Firefox...go figure. I'm thinking it's more a "Vista" thing as we moved the old printer to the desk top and there's some kind of problem there in the installation, just haven't sat down with it to work through.

I'm looking forward to Microsoft's new operating system this fall, hoping that it will work better than Vista BUT if the reviews aren't good then I'm going back to XP for everything in the house.

aileron

Expert Expediter
I use Chrome exclusively. I don't know why, but I never liked FireFox. Another one I like is Safari, but it doesn't load up as fast as Chrome.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
If you like Chrome - you would love Safari. Safari holds the fastest load time of all browsers.

aileron

Expert Expediter
Lawrence, you are correct, Safari has the edge in displaying a page, but I was referring to the time it takes to start up both browsers. Chrome pops up 1-2 seconds after clicking the icon, while Safari takes 20. But as soon as it is up, it works good. It might be my computer though, but I don't know.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Yes, you are correct on start up time. :)

I wish EO'ers would drop IE like a hot potato...just my opinion.:eek:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Take a stance. Force 'em to drop IE. Just make the site not work with IE. Easy. :D

bcordell70

Expert Expediter
I have used the google broweser for couple weeks now, it is faster than IE but I dont know what browser isnt? lol

Also I dont know if AVG has fixed the resource issue with it bogging down systems, if not there is a decent alternative free anti virus at free-av dot com, its called avira pretty decent free antivirus that I have been using upwards of a year now, only annoying thing it does is pops up a box wanting you to purchase the full version it probably does this once a day when it checks for updates.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Turtle, could you be more specific about which nag to kill? I've got Ms. Nuvi constantly nagging me about my route selection. Then there is dispatch. If I have a nag in my laptop I would like to eliminate it. Nag free is the way to be.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Turn the volume down on the Nuvi.

The dispatch nag, no can do. That one's a truly unique combination in all the known universe of the Immovable Object and the Irresistible Force.

S

shalimar

yes sure google Chrome is the best browser, when i first downloaded it, my internet was running at a lighting speed, i even checked my speed

IP Details.com : Internet Speed test
and it was normal too, hitherto i used firefox which chocked my browsing capabilities .
But the only one advantage with firefox is that it has more add ons, which makes things much easier