Goodbye "Don't ask. Don't tell."

MrGautama

Not a Member
You sure have a lot of goofy ideas. Mr. G. LOL!! You might be goofier than me, but at least I am right all the time. :D

Goofy is cool nowadays Layout :D, and you may be right... who knows. The one thing you are is a man of integrity and that I respect, regardless of our differences.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
This is getting a little too 'out there' for me - I'm going to go read something that makes sense, like PG Wodehouse. :p

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
MrG... Cheri...OVM (the Triumvirate)

The floor is yours. I can no longer in good conscience participate in this forum.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
MrG... Cheri...OVM (the Triumvirate)

The floor is yours. I can no longer in good conscience participate in this forum.

I was merely pointing out the Combat helmets all 3 of them and that circa 1943 American soldiers also dress in brown uniforms...

And the others are French soldiers not US Continental forces...

I too retreat......

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Everybody relax!!, Cheri is right, the poster is against the government and not in any way against the soldiers. C'mon, how could I blame the soldiers when many of the dead kids joined the armed forces to be able to get an education they couldn't afford, one that we as a society should have provided for free instead of asking them to fight abroad for the benefit of war profiteers.

I found some wonderful posters that convey the message I agree with and posted one, I guess that a few more would clear this mess.

mrgautama-albums-posters-picture379-hell.jpg

mrgautama-albums-posters-picture380-hello.jpg

Here's one you can add to you collection.....

Attachments

• 1538027_l.jpg
    1538027_l.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 15

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Free educations for everyone. Free health care for everyone. Free fuel for everyone. Free lunch for everyone. He**, free everything for everyone. Forget the fact that it's not governments responsiblity to provide any of those things subsidized in any way. Forget the fact that it's fiscally impossible. All we need is the liberal mindset and pie in the sky ideals that everyone is entitled to everything whether it is sensible or not, whether it is feasible or not, and whether it bankrupts the nation or not.

As to the posters, the first one is an insult to the troops and the nation as well as the government. Period. The other two are the liberal lies that are old and tired but the original is an insult all the way around. Other opinions are expected of course, but are wrong.

MrGautama

Not a Member
Free educations for everyone. Free health care for everyone. Free fuel for everyone. Free lunch for everyone. He**, free everything for everyone. Forget the fact that it's not governments responsiblity to provide any of those things subsidized in any way. Forget the fact that it's fiscally impossible. All we need is the liberal mindset and pie in the sky ideals that everyone is entitled to everything whether it is sensible or not, whether it is feasible or not, and whether it bankrupts the nation or not.

As to the posters, the first one is an insult to the troops and the nation as well as the government. Period. The other two are the liberal lies that are old and tired but the original is an insult all the way around. Other opinions are expected of course, but are wrong.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but not to their own facts. It is fiscally possible to have universal health care and tuition free education. no free fuel though, free lunch well yes to the kids at school... or is that a bad thing too?. I speak for myself now and say that I don't hate my own countrymen and women so I'd like to see the standard of living raise to the level of developed nation instead of the slow descent into 3rd world status as the trend has been in the last decades.

The posters are not an insult but a call for action, my understanding of the goals of the US foreign policy is as follows:

1.- Ensure that the world is safe for American corporations.

2.- Enhancing the financial statements of defense contractors at home who have contributed
generously to members of congress.

3.- Preventing the rise of any society that might serve as a successful example of an alternative to the capitalist model.

4.- Extending political and economic hegemony over as wide an area as possible.

If that is wrong I really
would like to see what are the goals YOU (or anybody else for that matter) understand as prevalent in the US foreign policy.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
In my 2nd pic the soldier at first glance appears to be doing the "goose step"? and some of the rest are "wearing BROWN shirts" seems some seen what they wanted to see to make their point ...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I guess if you don't care what quality the healthcare is you can have universal healthcare. The problem is it will cost even more than what it costs now and it will be inferior care. It will look pretty since more of the cost will be coming out of other people's pockets but the true cost will be higher and the quality lower. We've also seen in the D.C. system how well that "free" education works with the government sponsored/paid system costing double what the private sector system costs. Sorry, no, there's no way the government is capable of either of those things. Under liberal influence they are mainly capable of killing unborn babies, supporting criminal invaders and protecting religious/speech freedoms as long as it's not Christian based.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Take it from a Canadian...Universal Health Care is very expensive....even the provincial governments are trying to make cuts in it.....with the babyboomers coming of age it's going to get even more expensive.....you are better off with what you have here and just regulate the insurers closer to make sure they don't frig people around like they do.....

MrGautama

Not a Member
I guess if you don't care what quality the healthcare is you can have universal healthcare. The problem is it will cost even more than what it costs now and it will be inferior care. It will look pretty since more of the cost will be coming out of other people's pockets but the true cost will be higher and the quality lower. We've also seen in the D.C. system how well that "free" education works with the government sponsored/paid system costing double what the private sector system costs. Sorry, no, there's no way the government is capable of either of those things. Under liberal influence they are mainly capable of killing unborn babies, supporting criminal invaders and protecting religious/speech freedoms as long as it's not Christian based.

Let see what we have now:

46,000,000 Americans without health insurance

50,000,000 Americans under-insured

We spend more per capita that any other nation but lag behind in life expectancy, infant mortality, preventable deaths.

22,000 people die every year for lack of health insurance

1,000,000 Americans file for bankruptcy each year due to inability to pay their medical bills.

In the current system we are paying for universal health care but we are just not getting it.

Under the private insurance system about 30% of the cost of premiums go towards administrative costs (that includes advertisement, executives salaries, and profits).

Compare that with the 3% that administering Medicare costs. That is 10% of what we are paying now to non medical personnel!!

P.S. And I definitely want to hear about what do you see as the objectives of the US foreign policy

MrGautama

Not a Member
Take it from a Canadian...Universal Health Care is very expensive....even the provincial governments are trying to make cuts in it.....with the babyboomers coming of age it's going to get even more expensive.....you are better off with what you have here and just regulate the insurers closer to make sure they don't frig people around like they do.....

I imagine if all Canadians were as dissatisfied as you are well they would have repealed the system for a private one. In all reality universal health care is not more expensive than a private one. The changes we are seeing in Canada are positive in my view allowing choice (if you can afford it) and freeing the public system from the wealthy enough to pay for it on their own (as voluntarily elected).

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I imagine if all Canadians were as dissatisfied as you are well they would have repealed the system for a private one. In all reality universal health care is not more expensive than a private one. The changes we are seeing in Canada are positive in my view allowing choice (if you can afford it) and freeing the public system from the wealthy enough to pay for it on their own (as voluntarily elected).

Didn't say I was dis satisfied.....i was making a point of just how expensive it is.....there's quite a few Drs and nurses here from Canada so their earnings aren't from the gov. payroll....

You would lose some good Drs that would return to Canada...

This system down here would have to be scrapped. As it is now it is a mess and hodge podge of coverage..darn you need a lawyer to understand it....

Corporations would have to contribute a % of gross payroll as in Canada...in my small company it was 2.3% of gross payroll....the bigger the company the smaller the %.

MrGautama

Not a Member
Didn't say I was dis satisfied.....i was making a point of just how expensive it is.....there's quite a few Drs and nurses here from Canada so their earnings aren't from the gov. payroll....

You would lose some good Drs that would return to Canada...

This system down here would have to be scrapped. As it is now it is a mess and hodge podge of coverage..darn you need a lawyer to understand it....

Corporations would have to contribute a % of gross payroll as in Canada...in my small company it was 2.3% of gross payroll....the bigger the company the smaller the %.

Holly cow man, get a gun and shoot me too!!... ups I forgot... Canadians don't do that!!
:D:D

MrGautama

Not a Member
If a few "good doctors" are in just for the money and can't stand a single payer system they are more than welcome to go somewhere else, in a few months we could have them replaced with qualified foreign doctors willing to come here to practice and fulfill the indispensable role of medicine provider, maybe we could even get house calls back!! (yeah right). When public health is held hostage by insurance companies special interests and personal greed, by the limit on the issue of practitioner licenses and general corruption of elected officials; it's time to assess what is important and what's not, I vote for the health of my fellow countrymen over personal greed.

A good source of information can be found at:
Physicians for a National Health Program

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Random thoughts:

Is it just me, or is it a fact that the individuals who advocate universal health care to be provided by our govt. are the same ones who complain most about the sorry state of health care provided to our military by this same govt?

The aging flower children complaining about the war-related profits of private companies should be packed into a time machine and sent back to 1943. There they could protest the corporations whose war-related profits pulled our country out of the Great Depression. They could also hand out their absurd posters, ridicule our troops, call them "baby killers" and spit on them as they return from Europe and the Pacific (just picture that in your mind's eye - wonder how that would have gone over back then?). Granted, there actually were a few peaceniks during that era but they were appropriately ignored by the media.

Leo, where is Pearl Town, TX? I can't seem to find evidence that such a place exists. There does seem to be a wide spot in Hwy 183 near Ft. Hood called Pearl, but this is a considerable distance from your hometown of Pearland, which is obviously just south of Houston.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
One thing I would change for sure down here is...

Insurers could not cancel your policy when a repeating injury or sickness befalls someone.....In SD state law they cannot do so...hence insurance coverage is expensive....bout the only reason for cancellation is non payment or fraud( false info when appied for). Every state should protect their citizens from this practice....

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Under the private insurance system about 30% of the cost of premiums go towards administrative costs (that includes advertisement, executives salaries, and profits).

Compare that with the 3% that administering Medicare costs. That is 10% of what we are paying now to non medical personnel!!

So your claim is that the govt. is more efficient than private companies?
For a contrary opinion, see this study:

http://www.cahi.org/cahi_contents/resources/pdf/CAHI_Medicare_Admin_Final_Publication.pdf

"...in a few months we could have them replaced with qualified foreign doctors willing to come here to practice..."

You want have yourself and your family treated by some physician trained in the Carribean or Peru? Be my guest.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is where you guys are erring.....the government funds the plan ....A panel of Doctors and administrators actually set the rules.....the government does not directly make the day to day decisions of how it is administered....

Say a normal pregnancy..... 6 visits, 2 ultrasounds, 1 delivery, 3 follow-ups....this is an example......
NOW if you want, the patient is free to ask for more BUT they must pay out of their own pocket......