Good, or bad?

14Wheeler

Seasoned Expediter
.....We don't even have REAL Free Trade with Canada....

Nope, we sue don't.

And the cost of Canadian goods has escalated hugely over
the course of 10 years. We have put such redicclous fees on
both sides of the border, as to look like enemies doing business,
not friendly neighbors.
Let US-Candian freight run free. it's not like both sides
couldn't benifit

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nope, we sue don't.

And the cost of Canadian goods has escalated hugely over
the course of 10 years. We have put such redicclous fees on
both sides of the border, as to look like enemies doing business,
not friendly neighbors.
Let US-Candian freight run free. it's not like both sides
couldn't benifit

Anything Made in Mexico.USA or Canada should move FREE between them....

14Wheeler

Seasoned Expediter

And if that were to happen ?

I'd think it could yank a huge part of trade OUT of the hands
of the chinese. Why the hello we don't take care of each other
just freekin blows me away.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
And if that were to happen ?

I'd think it could yank a huge part of trade OUT of the hands
of the chinese. Why the hello we don't take care of each other
just freekin blows me away.

As you've read in some posts here...PROTECTIONISM....it runs rampant here in the US.....it is NOT about the US/Canada/Mexico anymore...there is a big world out there and developing countries coming out of the dark ages, doing it cheaper...

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Very bad IMO!

Who in their right mind would take a truck into Mexico?

Actually, this explains so lot, now that I think of it. I can imagine that argument being raised--what American would want to risk going down there where they have corrupt, militarized cops brutalizing people. So to make things equal, we militarized OUR cops and taught them to be brutal, to make things equal!

And all this time I thought the war on (some) drugs started it.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
PoorBoy...don't just sit there and "Like" stuff...say something...:p;)

Nah, not right now, I'm just sitting here reading other posts "Some good,Some Bad" But entertaining:D Actually,I've been working the farming thing 12-14, sometimes 16 Hrs. a day 7 days a week and I'm usually too tired to post anything, just need some rest cuz when I get over tired I lose my temper a-lot and I really don't want people on here to think that I was attacking them. So I'll just keep quiet for the most part till the harvest rush is over:eek:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nah, not right now, I'm just sitting here reading other posts "Some good,Some Bad" But entertaining:D Actually,I've been working the farming thing 12-14, sometimes 16 Hrs. a day 7 days a week and I'm usually too tired to post anything, just need some rest cuz when I get over tired I lose my temper a-lot and I really don't want people on here to think that I was attacking them. So I'll just keep quiet for the most part till the harvest rush is over:eek:

That is fair enough...farming is somewhat like expediting..long hours and when the crops call, ya gotta go...

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter

OK, I'll tell you what OVM, how about you trade with the drug cartels, they give you their good drugs (sarcasm), you give them free (albeit, long wait times in er's and substandard) medical coverage for all who enter your country. Ironically, that's what we're doing already. And oh yeah, don't forget you also like the fact we are all paying for more enforcement to monitor these trucks not to mention pay for all the EOBR's and QC's going in them. Yeah, that's what we need, more gov't, more taxes, to protect us from more crap we like?? We must like folks who don't pay any taxes.

Washington needs to work on free trade (read; without regulating/taxing US businesses to bankruptcy) work within our own borders to rebuild on what made our country great and quit trying to please every other nation in the world as if we have any control over their own genicide, corruption and so on.

An open Mexican border does not help out in my home state. Texas can do much better without, or at least a more closed border then it already is, thank you very much.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
What made this country great in history will NOT work anymore....those day are gone....things can be made 1 day and here the next for a lot cheaper then US made or even Mexican made...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Jeff wrote:

Ah yes. More abandoned rust buckets on the side of the highway

Jeff!! You just don't know the truth and are just listening to the Teamsters and other "Propagandist"....greg just told everyone that they drive new Volvo's and Mack's....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Jeff wrote:

Jeff!! You just don't know the truth and are just listening to the Teamsters and other "Propagandist"....greg just told everyone that they drive new Volvo's and Mack's....

actually..they do....some beauty Mexican highway trucks I've seen..I think they were running that pilot program....

greg334

Veteran Expediter
OK Dennis, I guess if you want to run with the crowd and play it safe by repeating the same things, go for it but I see something different and refuse to react to the idiocy that others keep screaming about in their press releases.

If anyone would venture to research the issue, look at the players and see this has to do with money and only money that isn't being captured by the union and their supporters, maybe they will see what is true and what is BS.

There are a lot of facts that are being fought, one is the teamsters are not allowed to organize in Mexico. THIS means that for every driver here that is a company driver for a Mexican company, they can not collect dues from them. The biggest source of false information against this issue is the teamsters.

OH and don't get this wrong either, I want to see jobs, good jobs happen in this country but without other things happening, like cleaning up our own industry or like reducing regulations and taxes, I don't see it happening.

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
Wellllllll Atleast the illegals won't be drowning in the Rio Grande trying to get here illegally! Why swim when you can ride? :eek:

Sitting here in Laredo, I was thinking about this last night. Why pay some coyote hundred or even thousands to try sneak you in through some river / bushes.

Why not just fly in legally to NYC with a return ticket for probsbly $300 and just not take the return flight.

Then get a new I'd however they usually do.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sitting here in Laredo, I was thinking about this last night. Why pay some coyote hundred or even thousands to try sneak you in through some river / bushes.

Why not just fly in legally to NYC with a return ticket for probsbly $300 and just not take the return flight.

Ya see some already do that...Mexicans with the right ID can enter the U.S thru the border legal and do the tourist thingee...just like Canadians....they most likely have a job and money and don't want to leave Mexico....who in their right mind wants to see NYC or even Detroit/Chicago...with all the crime families and drug cartels we have up here...:rolleyes:

greg334

Veteran Expediter

Because most can't get a passport to enter this country.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I was in a Walmart in El Paso this weekend. There were four tour buses there from Mexico. One driver told me they come over to go shopping and go home. A lot of them do it once a month or more. It is not hard to enter the U.S. legally.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
It is a bad thing, just because LaHood says it is going to boost the economy doesn't make it so, notice he hasn't give any examples which is just another example of the arrogance of this administration. You cannot just assume that the sales will skyrocket with the lifting of a tariff, you have to notice that on the low side there is only a 5% tariff, dropping this tariff will not suddenly put US made goods in the reach of Mexican families that could not afford them before. Having open and free trade between Canada and the US is a good idea since the 2 countries are on the same level and for trucks to cross the border is easy since for the most part english is the main language. We already know that there are a lot of goods made in China that get shipped into Mexico just to avoid the tariffs we have with them, this just made it much easier to do, since common sense tells you China will be shipping the majority of their items there since there is no reason not to now. We just proved what a bunch of limp wristed babies are running this country, we are letting Mexico tell us what to do, if they add tariffs to US goods guess what we can do, and when we start putting their factories out of business with 100% tariffs on their goods we just shut the border down, they can have the option to continue on as we have or face the coup that is bound to happen.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Because most can't get a passport to enter this country.

Land entry does NOT require a passport Greg...I checked it out for JuJu...it IS required for Air travel tho....

A Nexus Card....or a drivers license with pic/birth certificate...will work still by land...