Good Morning !!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Proper diet, exercise, and smoking. Two out of three is what you need. One not so much.

Good luck, don't rush yourself.

Thanks Jim..I have never smoked..As for the other 2..I use to exercise!!! LOL..Yea i have a few "lifestyle" changes in my future...:)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Thanks everyone for the kind words and especially Amonger for the correct spelling..And Seekerman, you don't come across as an "alarmist" at all..Thanks for adding your experience here, I appreciate it and I will ask my dr about it..As with you , I too don't put much stock in doctors being "all knowing"....

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Good luck Chef. I recommend you take off until you feel ready to come back. Your health has to come first or there won't be a second.

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good luck and God Bless.We have you and the family in our thoughts and prayers. Take it easy and don't rush it.Jason and Patsy

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Thanks Jim..I have never smoked..As for the other 2..I use to exercise!!! LOL..Yea i have a few "lifestyle" changes in my future...:)

I hope you don't have to give up the food. I'm gonna eat myself to death. I'm having a hard time giving up all of the good foods. I need to drop 90 pounds to be heathy, but I can't put the plate down. I'll be looking forward to the Chef Dennis healthy selections cook book!

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
or chili mac or fried bologna sandwiches. karaoke is ok though ! best wishes for a speedy recovery.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I hope you don't have to give up the food. I'm gonna eat myself to death. I'm having a hard time giving up all of the good foods. I need to drop 90 pounds to be heathy, but I can't put the plate down. I'll be looking forward to the Chef Dennis healthy selections cook book!

My wife and I started Atkins again and we felt much better after a few days. It seems to be the only diet that I can stay on.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am pretty confident that I'll be back by Fri at the latest and then running hard till Christmas...
Why not ease back a little on the throttle between now and Christmas, rest up and then hit it hard to start the new year.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
If you live close enough to the office maybe you could do a few weeks of holiday fill-in.
They could probably use your wisdom and the regular hours,regular meals, and decent bed would make recovery more pleasant.
Then get back to it after the first.
You'll be in our prayers.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Chef,

Sorry to hear this! I hope you get to feeling better ASAP - in fact expedite :) that recovery bro. All the best from the EO CREW!!

moose

Veteran Expediter
so sorry to read that, thanks for letting us know.
If i ever have the guts (not yours LoL) to do the 'Truckerbody Teen driving' thing i will have a card to hand for the new drivers.
on one side it will have the SMITH system.(*)
on the other side it will have the "drive for 5" .
the drive for 5 is a great exercise. you wright the names of 5 peoples that care about you the most, and ask yourself every step of the way "what will they do without me?"
please make one card and think about it every step of the way, it'll make you stronger, and help you make good choices.
(i have one in the sunvisor),

* i can't see how the SMITH system can save you during and heart surgery.
-Aim high in steering?, OMG please DONT aim to helllll
-make sure they see you?, Gee i hope they will...
-Keep your eyes moving ? not going to work
-leave yourself an out ?,,,please tell me you use the pooper before the anesthesia kicked in

Be well, my friend, and good luck !
(now we know you took the reelection to the heart, how patriotic is that?!)

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Chef, hope you get to feeling better soon. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself first. The road will still be here :)