God gets snubbed by DNC

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
The DNC in its infinite wisdom decided no reference to God would appear in the party platform this year. Another break from time-honored tradition.

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
The DNC in its infinite wisdom decided no reference to God would appear in the party platform this year. Another break from time-honored tradition.

The word God is not in it. How does that translate to a snub?

Does that mean that the Constitution snubbed God as well since the word does not appear there?

Just askin. :confused:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The word God is not in it. How does that translate to a snub?

Does that mean that the Constitution snubbed God as well since the word does not appear there?

Just askin. :confused:

Not sure it is a snub with regards to the constitution.
Actually, the only reference to anything close to God is in the signatory section where it is dated and says "Seventeenth Day of September in the year of our lord, one thousand seven hundred eight seven

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
God just tweeted that he's cool with everything and to go watch some cat videos on YouTube.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Wonder if the DNC is reading EO? Now they say they are going to have to put God and Jerusalem back in their platform because of all the complaining. :cool:
You can't make this stuff up. They look like total fools.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wonder if the DNC is reading EO? Now they say they are going to have to put God and Jerusalem back in their platform because of all the complaining. :cool:
You can't make this stuff up. They look like total fools.

One of the 'paid posters' they have in here must have snitched.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
A delegate from Salt Lake City, of all places, objected to the use of God in the language because it introduces religion into governmental politics which goes against the separation of church and state.

She did agree with the reinstatement of the Jerusalem language.

What makes the comments from this female delegate so deeply fascinating is not that she's from Salk Lake City, though that would certainly be enough, but the fact that she's a Muslim.

A Muslim who understands the importance of a separation of church and state? How can that possibly be?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A delegate from Salt Lake City, of all places, objected to the use of God in the language because it introduces religion into governmental politics which goes against the separation of church and state.

She did agree with the reinstatement of the Jerusalem language.

What makes the comments from this female delegate so deeply fascinating is not that she's from Salk Lake City, though that would certainly be enough, but the fact that she's a Muslim.

A Muslim who understands the importance of a separation of church and state? How can that possibly be?

But that was only in reference to the revote correct? I have seen no explanation why it was left out to begin with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
But that was only in reference to the revote correct? I have seen no explanation why it was left out to begin with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

Correct, just the re-vote.

I have not seen or heard anything regarding why the language was changed, either. I suppose it could be for any number of reasons (most of which were obviously designed to make Republicans crap themselves).