GM

Acquisitions

Active Expediter
Recruiter
YES they think they have sucked the well dry here in North America and now they are going to China to suck on their well

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Kind of has me wondering if I should even come back into the game. I might just change gears and start my own cleaning company lol. I can get three once a week 5-6 hour a day cleaning gigs and take home 2k after expense. Just about what some might take home after expenses from driving all month. I used to have to dispatch 80 hours a week with my own company to clear 2500 a month. Cleaning buildings is much less stressful. But I still miss the driving. I have a nice Transit picket out for 23k. Penske has a plan for new start ups without any proof of income to put 15 percent down and you can qualify with a credit score above 650. I might take another year to keep an eye on how the GM closings fare. On another note, won't there be more GM freight being shipped to Mexico from this deal? That could be a good thing for some I guess.

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just don’t understand the logic.
If a car isn’t selling, how is making the same car in China or Mexico going to help it sell?

or

If GM is designing new vehicles, how is it the employees fault that the previous design didn’t sell?

It all just screams, “We don’t want to pay for American labor.”

dalscott

Expert Expediter
I just don’t understand the logic.
If a car isn’t selling, how is making the same car in China or Mexico going to help it sell?

or

If GM is designing new vehicles, how is it the employees fault that the previous design didn’t sell?

It all just screams, “We don’t want to pay for American labor.”

Ain’t that the truth! That is unless is “my” labor.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Acquisitions

Active Expediter
Recruiter
OK...I'm just thinking out loud here.....GM has been in trouble for a long time...so what if behind close doors China now owns 51% or more of GM and they are pulling the strings on the puppet board of Directors

Reactions: Solar

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Cars made in Other countries don't have to be made to our standard (laws) so they are OK to be marked in other ( non- European) countries. In many countries, for instance, things like air bags, ABS, etc are not furnished

As far as making other models in our plants, we/you deliver to these plants. They are old and outdated and falling apart. When you look at BMW, Honda, Mercedes, Kia all have modern environmental correct facilities.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Whatever GMs reasoning, the conclusion is, they’re betting it’s better in the long run to leave America.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Yup Rags, I remember (from somewhere) that when a large factory closes it takes dozens of small business with it. New cars won't be bought. The old appliances won't be replaced. The cold cuts won't be bought to make the lunch. Oh yeah, and the expeditors will have fewer loads.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: Solar and ntimevan