giving drivers a bad name

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
Well, I've talked about this once before but this was too bad to ignore. Recently we were in El Paso. Just relaxing in the beautiful weather. Looking out the window and in front of us was a Panther straight truck parked in the front row. The guy gets out of his truck, proceeds to his back wheel, and pees on it. Just disgusting and lazy. I often take offense to the men who pee in front of women such as myself. Then when we went inside to use the bathroom as non-lazy humans do we had to step over the pee that was now draining down the parking lot. One more reason I don't ever wear shoes past the front of the truck.

Second time was the same weekend in El Paso. We were inside having dinner, looked out the window and a VAN driver, a van driver of all people, gets a huge pee gallon out of his front seat and dumps it behind the van. I mean, as a van driver, how much closer do you have to get to walk into the bathroom?? Do you need to park at the front door?

I understand if people don't go in late at night, during rain, emergencies, but is it really that hard to just throw the bottle away and use a new one next time? Do you really have to dump it out on the ground?

Monty

Expert Expediter
Good grief ...... you would rather the VAN driver just threw it out alongside the interstate, or throw it out the window as he drives down the ramp? (Many do.)

I am a user of a jug .... I'm a bit old(er) now ..... it seems a perfect alternative to whizzing in my pants .... which, btw, I have a done couple of times.

Your offending VAN driver seemed have disposed of it properly, unless you would have perfered he make a walk over the hill to drainage ditch, or take it to the fuel island and pour it down the drain ....

Yer ****ed if you do, and ****ed if you don't. After all, he could have gotten out and unloaded on the tires I suppose.

I do understand your concerns .... but maybe your sensitivities are a bit too ..... well, sensitive?

As for the driver peeing on the tires ..... I understand that also .... you should not have to "share" the experience. I keep a camera with a zoom lens on the dash at all times .... it records a lot of strange things ..... video too!

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Recently at the J in Effingham, while going for our daily walk, a semi driver was relieving himself on his driver's side front tire in broad daylight. Maybe these types of people are exhibitionists.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
Whoever mentioned throwing the bottle out the window?? There are things called trash cans all around. Just because you are a truck driver doesn't mean you have to be low class either. There are plenty of people who walk into bathrooms. Do people pee in their backyards too cause it's closer to the couch instead of the bathroom, lol. I'm just saying it's gross. I don't want people's body fluids on my shoes or in my truck. If you pee in bottles, that's not gross. I'm saying people who keep reusing some stinky bottle instead of putting it in the trash, and using another one. You don't drink anything all day? You can't pee in your empty water bottle, coke bottle, whatever.

The unprofessional attitude so many drivers have is what makes them not fit to be a driver. No reason to be lazy, sloppy, or trashy.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Whoever mentioned throwing the bottle out the window?? There are things called trash cans all around. Just because you are a truck driver doesn't mean you have to be low class either. There are plenty of people who walk into bathrooms. Do people pee in their backyards too cause it's closer to the couch instead of the bathroom, lol. I'm just saying it's gross. I don't want people's body fluids on my shoes or in my truck. If you pee in bottles, that's not gross. I'm saying people who keep reusing some stinky bottle instead of putting it in the trash, and using another one. You don't drink anything all day? You can't pee in your empty water bottle, coke bottle, whatever.

The unprofessional attitude so many drivers have is what makes them not fit to be a driver. No reason to be lazy, sloppy, or trashy.

Drivers will continue to do what drivers have always done. They're just not necessarily used to having women watch them do it.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Recently at the J in Effingham, while going for our daily walk, a semi driver was relieving himself on his driver's side front tire in broad daylight. Maybe these types of people are exhibitionists.

Don't watch.
:p

is361023.jpg

Newtothis

Seasoned Expediter
Drivers will continue to do what drivers have always done. They're just not necessarily used to having women watch them do it.

Women may be seeing it but Notanewbie is filming it! LMAO...Keep this in mind the next time you may feel the need to "go" in the parking area.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Women may be seeing it but Notanewbie is filming it! LMAO...Keep this in mind the next time you may feel the need to "go" in the parking area.

I never said I do that. I'm just saying that "truck stops" are full of "truckers". And to believe anything other than that... you're just fooling yourself.

leezaback

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just yelled at a trucker who threw his out the window next to me-had to go around the other side to get in-he gave me the 'deer in head lite look'--and to think they actually go out in public. wonder if one were to throw-trash-pee on their property what they would have to say. poor upbring, stupidity, or I don't care. They do make DEPENDS..summer coming and the lots will not be smelling of roses.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
I had a us express tt driver pour his **** bottle and it splashed on my truck! so I called us express dispatch after I screamed at driver and made them pay for a tt full wash. and I went to beacon and they paid with company account.

and even nastier a couple years ago while I was vanning I watched a vanner throw a sack of poop out on lot in front of the Laredo j. NASTY

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
the OP never said where he dumped the pee bottle out at. anywhere but the grass is a no no as far as we are concerned. i understand not always throwing your bottle away, maybe not ready to get a new one yet. there is nothing wrong with using a bottle, just dispose of it correctly.

we to are offended by the ones that are so lazy they cant use a bottle or the bathroom. may have been the way it has always been done but its time for a change and has been time for a long while. over sensitive, i dont think so. lazy and nasty, yes. if you are going to do that do it in the grass where you arent seen. that is why the parking lots smell so bad.

another rant, while on this general subject is the adolescence of some in the bathrooms. i have walked in, when i use to use truckstop bathrooms, to find all the stalls all full when # 2 needs to be done and someone is waiting ahead of me. nobody at the urinals. a stall empties, the waiting person goes in and pees everywhere except in the bowl doesnt flush. no # 2 done and walks out. i mean come on. i have yelled at more than one of these nasty, immature sob's. just ridiculous and uncalled for. grow up and use the urinal. this is why we have our own toilet in the truck. also, women dont think your hovering and nasty habits go wayward either. my wife has shared her womens bathroom experiences and it aint pretty either. what we could never figure out is why. we just cant believe that if the ones that have homes actually treat them the way they do their home away from home. the places they depend on when out on the road.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
You are right, Dynamite. Some lots we walk in, the odor is strong. As for the guy I mentioned earlier, he wasn't parked that far from the building. He could have gone inside. Guess he was marking his territory by whizzing on his tire? I don't think it's oversensitive to expect people to respect, as you pointed out, their home away from home plus have consideration of their colleagues who share the spaces. It is not too much to ask.

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
I remember my first truck stop experience on a hot night in Talledega Alabama. The lot I walked across that night actually smelled of " sour" ammonia, on the way in was approached by a woman who needed money to get her friend to the hospital, walked into truck stop that was a NASCAR Museum / gift shop, so I walked across the street to mcdonalds ,where some guy was really strung out on some chemical was nervously eyeing the nearby patrol car that was looking for him. I remember thinking..what am I getting into here ?

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I per chance have perceived once again that the male species of humans receives enjoyment in wasted conversation over urination in the great outdoors . IMHO. PS, now if you would just stop those cattle in trucks from peeing at the fuel island, now that's real nice there. O, the goo on ur shoe , anyone?

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
And people wonder why some straight truck drivers park in the RV spots at the J rather than out back.