Getting out of Texas

asap4u

Expert Expediter
Why is it so hard to get out of Texas? It's always been a black hole destination for our straight trucks. Is there a geographic load board for Texas that we are missing?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Why is it so hard to get out of Texas? It's always been a black hole destination for our straight trucks. Is there a geographic load board for Texas that we are missing?

What carrier? What kind of straight truck? What kind of qualifications. We don't normally have a problem getting out of Texas unless it is in the "zones" that only do "general freight". Like auto junk.

asap4u

Expert Expediter
We have our own authority and run 2 volvo Cummins tandem 24' and 2 freightliner DD tandem 22' . One of each are reefers.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
You got to excuse Joe.
Dispatch only sends him where he can quickly reload.
I guess it's
A) they don't want to hear from him
B) at his age he can't stand the stress of sitting
OR
C) he won't be here much longer so let's humor him. :)

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Unless you have a customer base that calls you for loads coming out of Texas your bidding against tons of trucks many of them rolling cheap. If your only option is load boards price is probably king.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Asap4u.

First : Cool name.
Second: please excuse the geriatric crowd. We sometimes get wound up after dinner.

The real secret is to get your own customer base if you're there enough.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Asap4u.

First : Cool name.
Second: please excuse the geriatric crowd. We sometimes get wound up after dinner.

The real secret is to get your own customer base if you're there enough.

I guess it's dinner at Ram's Horn, now that Bill Knapps is caput.