Get ready for the shakedown!!!

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Its that time again this week june 5,6, and7, every understanding, do gooder will be out there looking out for our safety.

We already know every wanabee Barney One Bullet government worker, and cop low on his or her quota will be looking th earn braging rights how many OOS orders they hand out.
As a reminder Might as well look foward to seeing them all week and as many know New York state likes to start early so I wish every driver good luck and hope you get waved by or get a decal.

Bob Wolf
Wolf Trucking

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
LOL Bob, they tell you about the blitz and people still go out there and get into trouble, It's simple if your equipment is in poor repair or you cannot keep your log book up then stay home.

If a person wants to run then have your equipment inspected at a shop and fix the problems before the June blitz and please do a pre trip everyday and catch most problems early. One other thing check the vehicle every time you stop by doing a walk around.

simple things keep you out of trouble and Bob most getting inspections pass them.

Kristi

Active Expediter
We have 2 small fixes that have to be done this afternoon. One of the lights on our mirrors is out and our tag light doesn't work. Gonna move our tag to the front of the truck and just eliminate that issue all together. Gonna replace the bulb in the mirror light and get this beast washed and then we are good to go.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using EO Forums

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We have 2 small fixes that have to be done this afternoon. One of the lights on our mirrors is out and our tag light doesn't work. Gonna move our tag to the front of the truck and just eliminate that issue all together.

The tag needs to be where the state the truck is registered in requires it.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Here is a bit of info, in the state of TN the plate goes on the front. But you can be ticketed for the rear plate holder light not working even with no plate there....:(

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Kristi

Active Expediter
Here is a bit of info, in the state of TN the plate goes on the front. But you can be ticketed for the rear plate holder light not working even with no plate there....:(

That makes no sense. The plug for the bulb on our truck is all messed up. The light will work for a while but then craps out.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Didn't claim for it to make sense, but the dot law says the light has to work and don't say a plate has to go there. Its crazy, but the way it is......:banghead:...I found this out the hard way I, but lucky and only got a verbal warning.

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
That makes no sense. The plug for the bulb on our truck is all messed up. The light will work for a while but then craps out.

That is EXACTLY what is wrong with people that say if you are running safe you have nothing to worry about. A license plate light has absolutely nothing to do with safety why does it need to work or be there, especially when there isn't even a plate there. I was dinged for having loose exhaust hangers, the problem was that it was a new muffler that was a smaller diameter and there were brand new hangers that fit put on to secure the muffler. The old ones were left in place because they acted as a spacer and actually helped keep the exhaust more secure, they were secure but had a gap at the bottom so they were considered loose. Again nothing to do with safety but I get penalized like I am dangerous. These reasons and plenty of examples like them along with LEO's that give violations that aren't even right are the reason drivers decide to protest and just shut down during this display of authority. It does not mean they are running unsafe, illegally, or don't comply with HOS, they are just simply sick of living with the government's boot on their throat.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Kristi: last year, I lost 2 plates from the rear of the truck. The first was in El Paso, I thought it was stolen, had to sit & wait for a new plate to be overnighted. The second time, I realized that the SC plates aren't strong enough to withstand the wind force when they're hanging unsupported below the light. The thought of the plate doing a Frisbee in traffic was scary, so I secured the new plate [another overnighted special] to the front until I could figure out how to keep it from flying off again. Within days, I got a Level 2 inspection in Lexington, Ky, and the only violation was 'tag not in correct place'.
My behavior was motivated by the safety of those who share the roads, but I can't say the same for that LEO.
The point is, some LEOs will look for whatever 'violation' they can find, and that includes having the plate in a different location than required by the state of registration.

citibori

Seasoned Expediter
It doesn't matter how you keep your truck up. They're gonna find something if they really want to. The important thing is to fix whatever can put you out of service and hopefully you won't get written up on anything else

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
The truck Im in is brand new, less then 3000 miles, Ive gone over everything and checked everything, got the new paper logs all done nice and neat, but the IFTA sticker on the passenger side isnt in the location thats specified, the Sign shop applied them and as they lettered the truck, they stuck one in the correct place on the drivers side lower door, the passenger side is higher up on the door.....its a dumb mistake if that gets me a warning etc...Its not the kinda thing that you peel off, and I hope it doesnt draw any attention unwanted...etc etc...

idtrans

Expert Expediter
1201 am i70 wb forestill mo working hard and 9 trucks os already . He called me in looked atl log book and said have a safe trip. After 2+ million miles I've learned lol

Monty

Expert Expediter
I've never known there to be a "correct" place for the IFTA tag, I've seen them all over the truck. Just be sure it is there! ;)

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That is EXACTLY what is wrong with people that say if you are running safe you have nothing to worry about. A license plate light has absolutely nothing to do with safety why does it need to work or be there, especially when there isn't even a plate there. I was dinged for having loose exhaust hangers, the problem was that it was a new muffler that was a smaller diameter and there were brand new hangers that fit put on to secure the muffler. The old ones were left in place because they acted as a spacer and actually helped keep the exhaust more secure, they were secure but had a gap at the bottom so they were considered loose. Again nothing to do with safety but I get penalized like I am dangerous. These reasons and plenty of examples like them along with LEO's that give violations that aren't even right are the reason drivers decide to protest and just shut down during this display of authority. It does not mean they are running unsafe, illegally, or don't comply with HOS, they are just simply sick of living with the government's boot on their throat.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Thats what I was saying its not about safety anymore its about controll.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
10 TRUCKS OUT OF SERVICE IN OLATHE KS I-35 SB SCALEHOUSE, My Brother just passed thru got the greenlight on his prepass, several drivers commented that several trucks had bad logbooks, thats one of the major things they are checking, Logs, Brakes....

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
several drivers commented that several trucks had bad logbooks

How incredibly stupid is that? Driving around with your log book out of whack during road check? That's one of those "makes you wonder about the state of the human race" deals.