generators

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Big Rig Truck Accessories has locations in Gretna, Ne. and New Braunfels, Tx. I've used the Gretna location twice for repairs and been pleased with their service.

dieselwrench

Seasoned Expediter
A team have a Kohler that I had to lay my hand on to see if it was the one that I was hearing. With my experyence with my Carrier I would go with the Kohler.

dieselwrench

Seasoned Expediter
For Rigmaster or Espar troubles or just Questions call Espar of Michigan at 800 837 3900. They are very knowlegable and helpful about the products that they sell.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I think Espar of Michigan still has one Rigmaster left over from the from the Expedite Expo. It was there a couple or three weeks ago. If it's still there, anyone who wants it will get a really good deal on it.

bayouhotshot

Seasoned Expediter
so a RigMaster is the best to have who has the best price on it and what thay sale for these days thay where just to $$$ before

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
you can get it done at speedco, app in olathe,ks is the best in my book. The quietest in my book is the onan

raylawrence

Expert Expediter
The new Rigmaster has a new exhuast system that makes a definate improvement in exhuast note. Today, a complete Rigmaster installed goes for about $8200.00 from Espar of Michigan. Two year/4000 hour warranty.

timpainter

Seasoned Expediter
The onan is quieter than the rigmaster is when the rigmaster is off. And could'nt kiss the onans butt on a giraffs head at the north pole.

Last edited:

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We use Mobil Delvac Elite which is a synthetic blend 15 - 40. We use the extended life antifreeze red for our coolant.

We tried to use the full synthetic and the generator would not keep enough oil pressure so the generator kept shutting down.

We have a 2004 Rig Master that we are very pleased with but do not plan on buying another due to the excessive noise.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Kazper1008

No problem hope to meet you out on the road also! Look for the Team Caffee sign on the truck and a purple flying pig on the bag!

oncedrove

Expert Expediter
Back in the late 70's early 80's, my dad had a gas power Onan generator in his RV. The summer he went to Alaska the Onan never failed to start and run in the more than 160 days on the road. It also took the punishment of going up and coming back the Alaska highway when more than 500 miles of it was not paved. He put more than 250000 miles on that RV with the same Onan generator.