Generator

jerry-jones

Seasoned Expediter
b8cabbb3-eb29-4051.jpg
Generator I saw at home depot saw people talking about it on here last week looks nice and heavy duty 2000i $599
b8cabbb3-eb08-b37b.jpg

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Fuel tank capacity (gallons) : 1
Full load fuel consumption (gallons/hour) : 3.5

Whooweee that's gonna end up being one expensive generator.

aileron

Expert Expediter
Fuel tank capacity (gallons) : 1
Full load fuel consumption (gallons/hour) : 3.5

Whooweee that's gonna end up being one expensive generator.
Something must not be right. Can't be 3.5 gallons per hour.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Something must not be right. Can't be 3.5 gallons per hour.
Yeah, I know, it must be a typo. In the specs it also lists half-load as 4.5 hours per tank. It's not really linear, but if it was that would mean roughly 2.25 hours per tank on a full load, which doesn't exactly equate to one 3.5 gallon tank per hour.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I would think they "flipped the #'s...3.5 hrs per gallon @ full load / 4.5 hrs per gallon @ 50% load...that seems reasonable based on what alot of the others of this size do....

jerry-jones

Seasoned Expediter
I have a honeywell 2000i and on a full load I get about 6 hours on a tank .. a bit louder than the honda but does the job pretty good ..

TMFGO45

Seasoned Expediter
Don't the Honda 2000i's get 9.6 hours per gallon at 50% load? That seems like the better long term strategy, even if the generator costs $1000-$1200.

Anybody think different?

Sent from my rooted DroidX running official Froyo, using Tapatalk!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Only if it will power the devise (ac unit in most cases here) at 50% of its rated output...I can tell you that the NEW Honda i2000 which is 1600 watts continues run would not power my 12,000 btu ac unit when the compressor cycled even at full power..that was demonstrated by the selling dealer before he would sell it to me...so i didn't buy it...now if you use a smaller btu ac unit, then you should be ok, smaller meaning in the 5-8000 btu's...

As for 9.6 hrs run time at 50% output...Kenny or Eddie or AJ you guys gettin that kind of run time???

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Only if it will power the devise (ac unit in most cases here) at 50% of its rated output...I can tell you that the NEW Honda i2000 which is 1600 watts continues run would not power my 12,000 btu ac unit when the compressor cycled even at full power..that was demonstrated by the selling dealer before he would sell it to me...so i didn't buy it...now if you use a smaller btu ac unit, then you should be ok, smaller meaning in the 5-8000 btu's...

As for 9.6 hrs run time at 50% output...Kenny or Eddie or AJ you guys gettin that kind of run time???

I get about (approx.) 50 - 60 hrs between fillups on 5 gal on my 2000i...that's with the ac cracking In laredo....

TMFGO45

Seasoned Expediter
Well I don't have a huge sleeper. And my ac from the front of the truck can cool the back. So I'm pretty sure I'm going 9000btu maximum. And if I'm going to get that runtime with the honda, I'm going to take that route for the fuel savings alone. Plus, I've read they are simply built better, last longer, and are much quieter.

Sent from my rooted DroidX running official Froyo, using Tapatalk!

Monty

Expert Expediter
I bought the Yahama 2000 ... it runs my ac at low speed. When it cycles it jumps to high speed for a bit.

I am runing a 5,000 btu unit, and the time between fills is about 6.5 hours .....

I intend to get the auxaillary tank, but will shop for a smaller one, I sure as heck do not want to be lugging 6 gallons of gasoline around in the back of the van.

I would prefer a 1 gallon extended tank, but the smallest I have seen, (so far), is 3 gallons.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Always was curious about how the yamaha were.....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I parked next to a guy that had a yamaha 2000 2 weeks ago down in austin tx.it ran all day and night...we sat on my back bumper within 15 ft of it....you couldn't hear it run....it is by far the queitest generator I have heard....

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I parked next to a guy that had a yamaha 2000 2 weeks ago down in austin tx.it ran all day and night...we sat on my back bumper within 15 ft of it....you couldn't hear it run....it is by far the queitest generator I have heard....
Did he say how big his AC unit was?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Over the years I've tried many a combination....

My Honda is over 5 yrs old and other then 2 pull cords and learning how to clean the carb cup out...never missed a beat....

I gave up on the aux fuel tank and went to propane heat....a 1500 watt electric heater just does not give off enough heat for me....and it runs the Honda at almost full power....about 5 hr per G. Propane is FAR more cheaper and you get FAR more heat!

shmekeru

Active Expediter
Over the years I've tried many a combination....

My Honda is over 5 yrs old and other then 2 pull cords and learning how to clean the carb cup out...never missed a beat....

I gave up on the aux fuel tank and went to propane heat....a 1500 watt electric heater just does not give off enough heat for me....and it runs the Honda at almost full power....about 5 hr per G. Propane is FAR more cheaper and you get FAR more heat!

OntarioVanMan what kind of heater do you have?