Gay couple adopts 14 kids

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Aahhh, finally, the femininization of the American male is complete.

NightDriver

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Aahhh, finally, the femininization of the American male is complete.
What's feminizing about love and caring?

I've been openly and unabashedly loved by a father, grandfathers, an uncle, and a brother. None were a threat to the American male, in fact, all were examples of complete and total traditional masculinity.

Can you articulate your apparent casual and cavalier claim that adopting children in need of love and caring is an indicater of lessened masculinity? Or are you merely voicing a deeply seated fear?

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner

I've been openly and unabashedly loved by a father, grandfathers, an uncle, and a brother. None were a threat to the American male, in fact, all were examples of complete and total traditional masculinity.

Can you articulate your apparent casual and cavalier claim that adopting children in need of love and caring is an indicater of lessened masculinity? Or are you merely voicing a deeply seated fear?

:thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

moose

Veteran Expediter
@ 14 a pop?, we can just about grantee the results, just give it 2 decades or so.,,,,,,,wait, just give it 2 years or so- see how many of them are on mind altering drugs.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Nothing that I can think of. Why do you ask?

Same here, but none of that has anything to do with the subjects of the article, how they live their lives, nor why the article was written and published.

No, I really can't articulate my apparent casual and cavalier claim, because I'm neither casual nor cavalier about it. Nor is my comment in any way related to the adoption of children being any indicator whatsoever of a lessened masculinity. Adopting children, nor living them, has anything to do with my comment.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
But it's not stress, when it's what makes you happy.
Bless them - I couldn't do it, but I'm glad someone can. :D

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I feel sorry for them, along with the kids of that wacko they dubbed octomom, the plus 8 of john and kate, and others who while they may have it good in some ways in other ways are just a number.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
I'm just freaked out someone would have 14 kids whether through adoption or natural birth!

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I feel sorry for them, along with the kids of that wacko they dubbed octomom, the plus 8 of john and kate, and others who while they may have it good in some ways in other ways are just a number.

'Octomom' is a nutcase [and the doctor who abetted her lunacy should be in prison], and John & Kate were and are horrible parents, but there are some few who can and do raise many kids very well. It's something innate - a gift that most of us don't have. It's nice that they're able to make use of it.
I'm just glad that families this size are no longer considered 'normal', whether the parents want that many kids, or can afford them. My grandparents had 11, and my parents had 7, and none were exactly well off, but birth control was a really novel idea back then. :rolleyes:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I'm very curious why you feel sorry for them? I bet a lot of kids with no parents would love to be in their place.

I came from a family of 8 kids, dad died young not a bunch of money but mom made it work. Not one kid has ever been in serious trouble. All seem to have a good life and everyone of my siblings are successful in life and relationship.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Because as I said, in some ways, among that many, they are just a number. It can't be helped no matter how good the parent(s). There are only so many hours available to everyone.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Lets see now: 2/14 = .142 time spent per kid, and homework, and washing and doctors visit, and not all those 14 are going to be quiet,,,its nuts, its stupid, but ,but, and but,,,its all about the money, they maybe getting over 10k a month from the government, there is always a 2nd motive, always...Adoption Grants | Increase Adoptions of Children in Foster Care and this is just a start..

Last edited: