Garden Corner 2011

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Just got the last of the leeks dug up...now to clean and process them. All I have left in the garden now is the canteloupe and pontiac red potatoes. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

And I wound up with 16 bags of leeks...enough for 16 pots of potato and leek soup. Now I need to coax the chives up enough to get some clipped there too. And I brought the pot of parsley inside for the winter. Anyone need any sage? Got tons of it and only use it once a year...

Last edited:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
The garden's looking empty
with it's lonely patches of green
Another week or two and
all the brown will show again.

And then it will be covered
with winter's snowy blast
and all the dreams of good stuff
Is buried in the past.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Do you know why I really like to garden?

Because I can be outside and ignore the dustdogs inside...*LOL*

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Do you know why I really like to garden?

I like to garden for the bread sticks.

114.png

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Having a bit of a heat wave here so will have to water those green patches this morning..but the heat should help my canteloupe get bigger.:)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
So today I planted something...felt good...*lol*

Just filled in some grass patches and covered it with hay and watered it well. When I walked by the canteloupe patch I see they're getting ripe..oh...when shall I pick them all????:confused:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
So today I planted something...felt good...*lol*

Just filled in some grass patches and covered it with hay and watered it well. When I walked by the canteloupe patch I see they're getting ripe..oh...when shall I pick them all????:confused:

U need to write a book on how to feed the people in 3rd world countries or something of that nature, but u need to memorize over 100 new languages.:D

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
U need to write a book on how to feed the people in 3rd world countries or something of that nature, but u need to memorize over 100 new languages.:D
I'm doing good to master the English language! And I just put up the LAST of the tomatoes.. And my spud man is on the way home to dig up the potatoes. and till up the garden!

And I've got some very ripe canteloupes out there judging by the wasps and the bees that are covering them. Guess I'll pick them late in the evening when they go to bed!:)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
If I never see another potatoe it'll be too soon....Think we solved world hunger today...my gawd so many..:D

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Ken dug up about 3 laundry baskets full of potatoes...two garter snakes and one baby mouse...what a good day!:D