Garden 2013 Time line

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
"Winter is when gardeners dream. We make our plans. We imagine the possibilities and promise of the season to come."

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
3/4 Tomatoes are about 8 inches tall now after one month.

Put more fertilizer in the leeks and cabbage...leeks still slow..just a couple more popped thru and they're at the 2 week mark. May have to reseed.

After a couple really nice days it snowed last night and it's 20 degrees this morning.

Looking at the calender and daylight savings time kicks in on the 10th which is next weekend.
send me a message when boss man comes thru Chattanooga, one basket of tomatoes, qcumbers, beans and such,,,,will meet him at the Pilot in Cleveland tn.....amen if you dont have baskets, sacks will do...

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
The way an expeditor wanders thru the country you'd be better waiting until I start canning and pickling....:)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
3/25 I think my timetable is going to be really off. Still snowing and ground is still frozen and this Friday (being Good Friday) is when the potatoes are supposed to go into the ground.

The tomatoes are over a foot tall and I had to stake them in their pots as they're getting pretty leggy and ideally should be in the ground and that's not going to happen for another month at least. Note to myself...start them LATER next year.

The leeks should probably go into peat pots but I keep hoping for even more sprouts..maybe I'll just redo the water in the aero garden and add more food.

and the cabbage will be put into the ground as soon as Ken comes home and tills the garden..they can take the cold..

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
or I could just take all my seeds and empty them all in one big bowl and go out and fling them on top of the frozen untilled garden and take pot luck....:rolleyes:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
4/1Ken got the garden all tilled.
4/2 Half the garden is now covered with landscape fabric to hold down the weeds.

The potatoes are planted...also 3 types of squash are hilled up and seeded, cukes are hilled and seeded and the peas and beans are planted and the peas were lucky enough to get their own pea fence...compliments of my hubby!

Still have a couple weeks of iffy weather so will just plant the cold weather plants for now. It's going to be in the high 60's today so a perfect day for working in the garden.

I'm so glad to have Ken's help this year! :)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Got the grow garden put together and am dying for the snow to go away so I can put it outside! My tomatoes are over 2' tall now and I'm ready to grow! Got some snow on the ground but not nearly what we were expecting .... still cold as nails though..

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Sunday, April 14th..ice and snow on the ground with more coming this afternoon. So windy a piece of the landscape fabric is whipping around in the wind. I don't see any of the seeds that were planted two weeks ago breaking thru the ground so maybe they're safe. Target date now is still two weeks ago, but I hope to have the grow garden on the front porch by next Sunday. The tomatoes are so tangled and tall in the back window it's going to be difficult to move them. And they are blossoming.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Have ya thought of moving south ?
They say Murray Ky is beautiful this time of year . Probably low 70's.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
And the yellow finches have returned! Funny to see that bright spot of yellow in the frosty snowy grass and on the feeders.:D