Garden 2013 Time line

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
2/6 Started rosemary and oregano in a couple indoor pots...

Put catnip out on the front porch for the cats and they're going crazy!

And I got three african violets repotted...yep I'm muddy and I'm loving it!:eek:

Last edited:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Nice! Do you garden everything heirloom?

Not yet Lawrence...but will be doing as much as I can. My sister is giving me some saved seed from a very tasty squash that she's saved over the years. And I'll be sharing my tomato seeds with her.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
2/17..Busy weekend...Ken got part of the garden tilled up, and we cleaned up more of the yard and burned branches.

Got the tomatoes transplanted into 4" peat pots, started the leeks and cabbage in the aerogarden and changed the nurtrients!

It's in the forties here right now but will get cold again next week.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Juju: I'm reading the neatest book that was free [for Kindle] "The Art of Perfumery and Methods of Obtaining the [something I can't read, cause the title's too long, lol] by George William Septimus Piesse.
I don't know if you're interested in making scented soaps, candles, etc, from your flowers and herbs, but if you are, there's some great info.
I'm just enjoying it for general knowledge - I love the old time 'how to' manuals!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Thanks for the tip Cherri...immediately sage and dill and the pungent smell of tomato leaves come to mind. And I used to make candles but haven't for years!

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I gotta ask..Whats a aerogarden? Some sort of temp green house? Im assuming something that lets you start seeds early and indoors. (Guess I could google that easy enought.)
Glad ya got OVM home and started working in him the garden. :D Seems early to be tilling up dirt tho??

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I gotta ask..Whats a aerogarden? Some sort of temp green house? Im assuming something that lets you start seeds early and indoors. (Guess I could google that easy enought.)
Glad ya got OVM home and started working in him the garden. :D Seems early to be tilling up dirt tho??

absolutely too early, some spots the ground was still frozen like a rock, tiller just bounced along, but what mama wants, she gets or papa don't sleep....LOL

http://www.aerogarden.com/?cid=ppc_g&gclid=CPGB6fObwLUCFfBDMgodaxAAXQ

Last edited:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Pricey but well worth it...had it for several years now and who knows just how much money I've saved with growing my own...

Tomatoes are getting bigger by the minute!!!

And the rosemary is popping thru!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
And it's still cold and Ken's still debating that snow storm...but I don't think we'll get any in this corner of the state and there IS more tilling to be done....:)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Not too bad for two weeks on the tomatoes...now the cabbage is starting to pop...good thing I bought a lot of jiffy pots!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
2/24 All my herbs have sprouted and are in various stages of growth. And I see one tiny thread of white under my leeks so there's hope there too..time to renew the nutrients.